New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

Might be because TM have realised pins are better? Their P226 mags are known to explode after a few disassemblies because the pot metal screw thread wears out, pins are a better long term solution imo.

It's not something that hugely bothers me as I have eight 1911 mags which are all screwed together but still, given the choice I'd take pins

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. Pins aren't adjustable and can't be tightened, which is why it took silicone sealant to get my KSC SP2022 magazines to stop leaking around their (pin-secured) baseplate - you just can't tighten them down. The problem with the P226 magazines is the pot-metal construction, not the screw system. The higher-quality the magazine, the more likely it is to use screws - look at ProWin, for example.

Well perhaps at the pot metal price point TM want to operate at pins are better? I dunno, I just wish the sig mags didn't explode, I like the gun! Also hope my eight 1911 mags don't fail. That would be bad and expensive.

It would be highly unlikely that the 1911 mags would fail. It is the same with the P226 E2 mags, something to do with the screw being better secured and not a smaller chamber mounted on a big block.

The Glock, PX4 and 1911 mags that I have had from TM are all screw based and have never failed. In fact I have only heard of the old P226 ones going bang :P.

'FireKnife'

Nice ! Finally a gun to go with my evolution Airsoft m4 on the gun rack ...hope its not the same cack finish chrome the last p226 biohazard gun was finished in . Never has a tm gun looked so much like a Sunday market springer . Truly rubbish finish on them ..

Ergh - I'm actually not a fan at all. That looks like very plastic-y chrome rather than a nice stainless finish.

Well perhaps at the pot metal price point TM want to operate at pins are better?

That might be true. Add another £2 to the price of the magazines and fix them, TM. Or preferably, stop selling the old 10rd-style ones and make more of the 15rd ones so they're easier to get.

Oh man, no chance, pin based magazines are old school, in a bad way, and leak and fruitcagefudgers once the seals give and a pain to fix..

I couldn't agree more.

Ergh - I'm actually not a fan at all. That looks like very plastic-y chrome rather than a nice stainless finish.

That might be true. Add another £2 to the price of the magazines and fix them, TM. Or preferably, stop selling the old 10rd-style ones and make more of the 15rd ones so they're easier to get.

I couldn't agree more.

Especialy when the pin holes elongate after wear takes its toll ,,,

Doesnt look like they have a wide range of products... why is Echigoya so popular though? Is it because they are always the first to get the new TM products?

As others have mentioned they get TM products the fastest, being in Japan. Also their prices are usually less (sometimes significantly) than HK retailers. Also their customer service and processing speed is excellent. Every single one of my orders placed have been sent out the same day (with the exception of orders that were done when they were closed). 

Archived