New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's only because you want to grow a greasy mullet, speak in some bizarre bastardisation of Cajun french and pretend that you're Jean Claude Van Damme in Hard Target ;)

Duh, who doesn't? :P

Along with some nice 20rd mag'ed Beretta M9s, tasty.

'FireKnife'

Raped M870

I think I have a new goal in life when this comes out...

That photo, along with this photo, is proof that there is no God. What was brutally dismembered so that its *albartroth* could be hot-glued to the 870, a shotgun that was available from the factory with a pistol grip and a receiver-mounted rail? [EDIT]Cavalry Arms SST-870. $250 for the privilege of not having bought a Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps or an ATI or any other stock that looks like it belongs on the back of an 870.[/EDIT] Which imbecile screwed a shell holder to it so as to illegally obscure the serial number of the weapon?

The only thing keeping me sane is the knowledge that M93Bs are essentially impossible to find, so this abortion is unlikely to be replicated. [EDIT]Oh God, Ergo bought the tooling and make a clone. Please, please, don't make any more of these.[/EDIT]

I did throw up a bit out of my eyes at that tan shotgun. The wierd thing is, I like tan, just not the shotgun configuration that that tan, is covering.

Back to dreaming of a tri-shot, with nickel type finish. Make it happen TM, I'm growing a mullet in anticipation!! Not too sure if I can do the accent though.

untitled-2.jpg

I think I have a new goal in life when this comes out...

That stock doesnt look like it goes to that gun...

The way the stock doesnt at all follow or account for the slope at the back of the receiver and simply bridges it leaving a big gap... It looks hideous and poorly thought out. If the top of the gun needs to be squared out, the socket that fits onto the end of the receiver should cover the gap itself. Or, more appropriately, the stock adaptor should simply follow the curvature of the receiver. theres plent of room on top of an 870 to fit a rail without needing to bridge it in the back.

Theres also the fact that the stock position is so high that using any kind of usual iron sights would be almost impossible. And why an eotech? Why any optics at all? Its a shotgun. you barely even need iron sights. You just need to know which general direction its facing. thats the whole point of a shotgun.

Now, Ive never liked shoehorning M4 furniture onto every gun that exists (Nor have I ever liked shoehorning an M4 itself into every conceivable role that it wasnt intended for). But, assuming one just has to have M4 furniture on every gun they own (Perhaps they have a crippling hand affliction which prevents them from adapting to different guns, lets say), This one from Mesa Tactical is pretty inoffensive:

6.jpg

It actually accounts for the receiver shape. And there is no shortage or receiver top rails that could be used in conjuction. There is also this one:

Mesa-Tactical_High-tube_Telescoping_Stoc

Also from Mesa tactical, which covers the gap created by the receiver slope. Also fairly inoffensive. Im not that big a fan, personally, but at least it doesnt look like a part from another gun superglued to the back of an 870.

Seriously though can someone explain to me why everything needs to have an M4 grip?

they wanted to retrofit shotguns to handel like ARs, nothing wrong with that.

After what you did to that Tommy gun, Your opinion isn't valid =P

......that poor, poor tommy gun...

Anyway. I mean, obviously people can do whatever they want with their guns. I just don't get peoples unwillingness or in some cases inability to adapt themselves to different platforms is all. Its wierd.

That photo, along with this photo, is proof that there is no God. What was brutally dismembered so that its *albartroth* could be hot-glued to the 870, a shotgun that was available from the factory with a pistol grip and a receiver-mounted rail? [EDIT]Cavalry Arms SST-870. $250 for the privilege of not having bought a Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps or an ATI or any other stock that looks like it belongs on the back of an 870.[/EDIT] Which imbecile screwed a shell holder to it so as to illegally obscure the serial number of the weapon?

The only thing keeping me sane is the knowledge that M93Bs are essentially impossible to find, so this abortion is unlikely to be replicated. [EDIT]Oh God, Ergo bought the tooling and make a clone. Please, please, don't make any more of these.[/EDIT]

Aww.

I love you too Silver.

Also Brigg. Welcome to Arnies Airsoft. Where we put rails and AR stocks on everything.

Sometimes we even put rails on PKM's. And then I throw up in my mouth a little.

But that's for a different thread! :D

I love the whole 'People who want to make everything into an AR' vs 'People who are offended by anything related to an AR' thing... It's hugely entertaining, and I like the fact it finally seems to be taken in good humour these days..

Personally, I love that 870 - It looks brutal, and it looks like men with beards had some input on the design, which can only be a positive thing.

Still; If TM do make a Tri-shot 870, I'm looking forward to seeing ones that have been magpulled to hell and back, as well as nicely done wooden ones. I think I might buy one, rail it up good and proper, and then maybe find an Enfield and try and put an AR stock on it.

Aww.

I love you too Silver.

Nice of you to say so! :wub:

I love the whole 'People who want to make everything into an AR' vs 'People who are offended by anything related to an AR' thing... It's hugely entertaining, and I like the fact it finally seems to be taken in good humour these days.

I'm not offended by anything related to AR-15s - I own two, and they're my only long guns! I don't even have anything against putting AR-15 furniture on guns where it doesn't particularly belong. What I don't like is s***y design, and that Cavalry Arms stock adapter is a lazy, ugly piece of design. A furniture upgrade for a shotgun that already has pistol grip furniture available from the factory has to be an actual upgrade, not a hacked-up POS you can sell to people because they don't have any other choice. Like Brigg says, Mesa Tactical's example is nice and clean - look at the way that the stock adapter follows the line of the receiver and seamlessly integrates the pistol grip with the grip safety of the Remington. Altogether a streamlined and well thought-out product, and it's $100 less than Cavalry Arms' abortion.

6.jpg

It's the same with this BlackHawk! Knoxx SpecOps Gen. II, which overcomes a bloody stupid name to feature a similarly streamlined receiver extension for about a third of the price of the Cavalry Arms:

0064801816408_500X500.jpg

I was always told that good design doesn't cost more than bad design, and judging by the way the hideous Cavalry Arms is the most expensive adapter I've seen, that appears to hold true. If they're making one of the most expensive stock adapters on the market, Cavalry Arms should have at least made the effort to make the final product look somewhat cohesive, and not like something a toddler built out of Lego before naptime.

Nice of you to say so! :wub:

I'm not offended by anything related to AR-15s - I own two, and they're my only long guns! I don't even have anything against putting AR-15 furniture on guns where it doesn't particularly belong. What I don't like is s***y design, and that Cavalry Arms stock adapter is a lazy, ugly piece of design. A furniture upgrade for a shotgun that already has pistol grip furniture available from the factory has to be an actual upgrade, not a hacked-up POS you can sell to people because they don't have any other choice. Like Brigg says, Mesa Tactical's example is nice and clean - look at the way that the stock adapter follows the line of the receiver and seamlessly integrates the pistol grip with the grip safety of the Remington. Altogether a streamlined and well thought-out product, and it's $100 less than Cavalry Arms' abortion.

It's the same with this BlackHawk! Knoxx SpecOps Gen. II, which overcomes a bloody stupid name to feature a similarly streamlined receiver extension for about a third of the price of the Cavalry Arms:

I was always told that good design doesn't cost more than bad design, and judging by the way the hideous Cavalry Arms is the most expensive adapter I've seen, that appears to hold true. If they're making one of the most expensive stock adapters on the market, Cavalry Arms should have at least made the effort to make the final product look somewhat cohesive, and not like something a toddler built out of Lego before naptime.

I should really have said 'Tacticool' instead of 'AR15' maybe - Still, I do see the arguement - But like everything airsoft, it's down to opinion. I'll agree the CA stock adaptor doesn't look particularly well designed, but I like the look of it due to the fact it adds some bulk to the receiver, which for me gives it quite an aggressive look. Saying that, I'm not at all a fan of the Blackhawk version; Whilst it probably does the job fine, it has the same issue for me as the recent ICS G36's - Far too much 'detail' on the grip texture/stock tube and the like. It just looks a bit 'racing stripes' to me. Still, opinion! :)

That "good humour" thing? I think you may have just finished it off...

My work here is done. :P

Archived