New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

Gas M870 with six-shot/three-shot select-fire system and metal body - want.

Gas M870 with magazine inside the stock? No bueno for KAC Masterkey. Still sort of want, but less so.

you can see the internal barrels in the video posted here of the M320. there is a hole in the center of the shell, but no barrel hole in the GL tube, so im going to go ahead and assume that its part of an auto alignment system.

I wondered whether that center hole was for a spring-loaded pin that would 'eject' the shell a little to aid in extraction, but I figure not. It might be that the action of closing the breech (the shell spinning freely in the breech) indexes the shell with the barrels somehow.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started crying in the office when I saw and read all of the bits about the shotgun ... my colleagues asked me why and I turned to them .. and said "TM have released a gas powered Tri /Six shot Remington 870 .... and it has a metal receiver ... and it is beautiful" .... None of them fo course understood my gibberish but I was happy and my Shotgun Boner right now is scary.

3qbt9q.jpg

The center hole is maybe some sort of polygonal pin with ramped edges, that way the pin would index the grenades with the barrels, or it could just be that the barrels have cones on the end to catch the seemingly much wider than 6mm holes in the grenades

I was kind of disappointed at first that the 870 wasn't a spring tri-shot, but I'm getting rather excited now. I only hope that three different configurations that where mentioned a couple of pages back means they will release a shorter variant like the tactical entry (and having 5 6 round shots from a shell will kind of match it's RS capacity).

870mcs_14-tfb.jpg

Isnt there a Maruzen shotgun that takes a small gas reservoir in the grip? Would it be possible to hide a small CO2 capsule in the ammo tube and feed it around the shotshell via a thin tube?

Well that 870 being gas was a surprise. I think I'll wait until it comes out and there are a few reviews before I make my final judgement on it.

I think my main concern with that is the removable gas tank. I'm sure TM are capable of making a system that doesn't leak but it just feels like it should have been built into the stock and non removable for more reliability.

I suppose the plus side is if the the stock was removed for a master key kit the gas res could be more easily moved else where on the gun.

I started crying in the office when I saw and read all of the bits about the shotgun ... my colleagues asked me why and I turned to them .. and said "TM have released a gas powered Tri /Six shot Remington 870 .... and it has a metal receiver ... and it is beautiful" .... None of them fo course understood my gibberish but I was happy and my Shotgun Boner right now is scary.

3qbt9q.jpg

lol arnies is  for marui nerd central for us to unite

THANK YOU TOKYO MARUI!

I would send them an email but theyd never read it. Looks like we'll finally have a *truly* skirmishable shotgun.

Sure we'd all gotten along with springers and Marushin 8mms but this is finally a gun that combines the best aspects of both guns. The easy racking of the Marushin with the easy reloading og the TM Springer. And selectable 6 shot mode.. Thats a lot of icing on a rather large cake. Though Im sure like Maruzen's gas-in-stock shell ejecting model, the more BBs you use, the less FPS you get.

I wonder if it will explode if Green Gas is used.

Im so happy right now.

M870  "100 shots per fill" 

I think the salesperson in the vid said 50. That's with 134a at unknown power (definitely under 1J) and green gas with the same internal setting will have a lower capacity at about maybe 40-45. Makes me wonder though, is this a tri-barreled system or single? If it's single, and should it load less than 3 bbs I'm thinking it's gonna overshoot their .98J restriction.

I think the salesperson in the vid said 50. That's with 134a at unknown power (definitely under 1J) and green gas with the same internal setting will have a lower capacity at about maybe 40-45. Makes me wonder though, is this a tri-barreled system or single? If it's single, and should it load less than 3 bbs I'm thinking it's gonna overshoot their .98J restriction.

Wrong, he said the capacity of the gas tank is 50g (at least I believe he said that) and that you can shoot about 100 times.

Also hyperdouraku comented on the article about the power: 3 shot mode - 80 m/s , 6 shot at 60 m/s and that the rep believed that on summer the 6 shot might go up to 80 m/s.

Also, it's a tri-barrel (I read that it was a dual-hop chamber system, so it should be 6.... but I don't know. 3 for sure).

60 m/s seems a bit slow, but given that this is Marui, I bet it will have a magical hop up that will make it shoot farther than any shotgun on the market.

Any guess on the price? I say 400-500 $... I think I will have to wait for the clone.

60 m/s seems a bit slow, but given that this is Marui, I bet it will have a magical hop up that will make it shoot farther than any shotgun on the market.

Any guess on the price? I say 400-500 $... I think I will have to wait for the clone.

01.jpg

MSRP 34800 yen.

That is surprisingly cheap for TM, a few quid over their MP7. 340$ for what will most likely be the best shotgun in the  world of airsoft, stock or modified.

Hopefully they will make a wood version too, given that you wont be able to use available RS or AS stocks, due to the gas tank in stock design.

all a bit meh realy. Even the shotty ,and I'm a big shotty fan.  Its the gas in the stock  that brings it down for me too .I like my shottys little, maybe if the do a shorty I'll be interesed .Even then if the perfomance is on par with a spring tri shot I dont see the point for me . Even with the 6 shot option logicaly it'll only bring the performance down ,3 seems to work well infact knocking the m500 down to 3 shot makes it more effective imo.

Im sure Tokyo Marui will have a pistol grip version with a small cartridge to fit in there as well. It would seem to me that the reason for placing it in the stock was mostly a capacity issue. Theres just a lot more room in a full sized stock then in a pistol grip.

In the future its possible that someone could make a buffer tube system that takes a 12 gram cartridge or something like that. Its been done before in the RAP4 paintball guns.

Archived