Rare Arms Airsoft SR25 GBBR

Finbarqs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you're right, I was thrown by all the Asian text and assumed it was a video of the gun! Can you imagine my face? While being sceptical, I was thinking "airsoft is finally there!!!"......then saw the tabletop video.

So, scratch my over enthusiasm..... I just need one instead of two :)

At first I was all like;

aww-yea-meme-original-1.jpg

Then I saw the video and watched the shell ejection, and now I'm all like;

okayguy.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it looks fantastic and it's exceptionally cool, and kudos to rare airsoft for being the first, but shell ejection... I was hoping for a practical skirmishable version, bah.

Maybe just a replacement bolt and magazine?

Actually Hwag, why are you interested? You're all about "LOOK AT MY LIGHTWEIGHT DYNAMICS!!!11" :P

Dirty great 7.62 mag's worth of gas, looks badass, and would make an awesome DMR. Plus, I can make it pretty much as light as my M4, the receiver isn't *that* much heavier than a 5.56 version!

for milsim, it'll be the holy grail. For casual gaming, no way no how.. hell even GBBR's are kind of a novelty. (sorry, High Caps + insane ROF beats GBBR anyday)

For movie production... this has got to be awesome. But the shells are 5.56. So the gas must be stored in the magazine. Notice the front plastic portion of the mag. That could be the reservoir. I'm betting this is like the marushin GBB Shell ejection pistol series.

It could be

1: gas contained in stock

Provides clean external look but cannot solve cooldown effect by changing magazine.

2. External gas

External gas + shell ejection?

How bothering is that.

I want them to make it to use conventional GBB system that mag contains BB and gas. 

for milsim, it'll be the holy grail. For casual gaming, no way no how.. hell even GBBR's are kind of a novelty. (sorry, High Caps + insane ROF beats GBBR anyday)

For movie production... this has got to be awesome. But the shells are 5.56. So the gas must be stored in the magazine. Notice the front plastic portion of the mag. That could be the reservoir. I'm betting this is like the marushin GBB Shell ejection pistol series.

I gotta disagree on the ROF + Highcaps > GBBR arguement; It depends on the player, not the kit - I can suppress someone or hit them at long ranges just as effectively as an AEG with a 40 round mag in my M4; 25RPS and a 500 round mag means sweet F all when you've just been shot in the back by a guy who outmaneuvered you. Big ROF and mags have their advantages, but I have no problem going up against AEG's at all and a GBBR has it's own advantages 'n all. Just not when it's cold.

Still, I don't see any evidence of an HPA/external line on it, and it's hard to see a gas outlet on the mag... I reckon it's likely the mag somewhere, but could also be the stock.

Might have to violate Hwagan for that comment on highcaps. With a large broom covered in rusty nails.

Providing this feeds well and is a solid platform you could skirmish it easily with a shell catcher.

Seeing as its an SR25 aswell its rather large. So a nice MP7 side arm would be nice!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hwagan: You write like they're mutually exclusive, but there are actually good players who also have good rifles. Give a good player a proper HS M4 and he's better off than with a GBBR.

Might have to violate Hwagan for that comment on highcaps. With a large broom covered in rusty nails.

Hwagan: You write like they're mutually exclusive, but there are actually good players who also have good rifles. Give a good player a proper HS M4 and he's better off than with a GBBR.

I still stand by it - I'll admit, in the winter it's a different story. But assuming the weather is GBBR friendly, how does a high speed electric M4 give an advantage over a GBBR in the hands of a good player? The only advantage I can see is mag capacity; You don't need a mega high RoF to suppress or hit someone.

Honestly, I don't see what major advantage there is other than a higher ammo capacity? Being a GBBR user I'm obviously biased, but I've never felt outgunned on the field.

*edit* Also just to make it clear, there are *suitcase*-tonnes of good players with AEG's, I meant more that I don't feel an AEG gives you any real game changing advantage, other than weather related.

I love gbbr, I collect them and never want to see them disappear......

That said, for skirmishing, AEG's are king. Less maintenance, more consistency shot for shot, cheaper to run (electricity cheaper than gas, AEG mags cheaper than gas mags), high caps are easier to load.

It takes a good player with a good gbbr to be a contender against a mediocre player with a mediocre AEG. A good player with a good gbbr will likely suffer against a good player with a mediocre AEG. A good player with a great AEG rules the field.

I love gbbr, I collect them and never want to see them disappear......

That said, for skirmishing, AEG's are king. Less maintenance, more consistency shot for shot, cheaper to run (electricity cheaper than gas, AEG mags cheaper than gas mags), high caps are easier to load.

It takes a good player with a good gbbr to be a contender against a mediocre player with a mediocre AEG. A good player with a good gbbr will likely suffer against a good player with a mediocre AEG. A good player with a great AEG rules the field.

I'm gonna have to politely disagree with most of this...

My LM4, shot to shot, puts a BB out just as accurately as any AEG I've owned or used (which is an awful lot), with the same level of consistency. 

An AEG is cheaper, more practical, all year round use, and has a higher ammunition capacity; I'm not disputing that.

What I am disputing is that I'd be more effective as a player with an AEG; I spent years playing with tweaked G&P AR AEG's, and since switching to gas my level of playing skill has significantly improved. Less wasted shots, more hits on opponents, and improved fieldcraft as a result of better having to conceal myself and move around in a tactical manner.

Point is, sure I've got less rounds - But, again, weather dependant, my gun is as reliable as an AEG, just as accurate and consistent, easier to use, etc etc.

On top of that; My LM4, and my WOC before it, never once failed me. Maybe a couple of jams that take 10 seconds to solve at worst. Yet every skirmish day, I see AEG players strip pistons, motors drop and wreck pinions, etc etc.

I'm sure plenty of people disagree, and I'm perfectly happy to respect that opinion - But personally, I find GBBR's more reliable, easier to work on, more satisfying to use and they've actively forced me to become a better player as a result. Just don't mention the winter. :P

Still, back on topic - If the SR25 chambers shells, surely that'd mean it'll need a new barrel assembly to just load sBB's to prevent them bouncing around in the space where a casing would go?

I still stand by it - I'll admit, in the winter it's a different story. But assuming the weather is GBBR friendly, how does a high speed electric M4 give an advantage over a GBBR in the hands of a good player? The only advantage I can see is mag capacity; You don't need a mega high RoF to suppress or hit someone.

Honestly, I don't see what major advantage there is other than a higher ammo capacity? Being a GBBR user I'm obviously biased, but I've never felt outgunned on the field.

It's a long subject if you're not used to play with AEG.

Simply put, it ups the chance of hitting by being able to put more BB's in the target in shorter time. It's all about time and probability to hit.

The advantages are:

10x as much ammo per mag

Higher rof

No recoil (it does shake though)

Better precision

Works better in cold

Weights less

Cheaper in use

No jamming, reloading, cleaning etc. Press the trigger and it rolls, day after day.

GBB® advantages are:

Instant first shot.

No battery.

Let me give you some examples.

1:

There's an enemy 10m away, with grass and other vegetation between you.

You shoot with your GBB. The BB deflects in the grass. He ducks.

or

You shoot a 10 round burst with your AEG. 8 of the BB's deflect in the grass. 2 of them hits him. He's out.

2:

There's 3 people in an alley and you're standing at the corner.

You pop around the corner and shoot with your GBB. As you get the first person, the second and third is already shooting you.

or

You pop around the corner and drag a 15 round burst across them, then pop back in before they shoot back.

3:

There's a guy sticking his elbow out from a corner 60m away.

You start firing with your GBBR. After a bit, he notices that shots are coming in from that direction and pulls his arm in.

or

You let loose a 50 round burst, and just manage to hit his elbow a few times.

4:

There's a person totally engaged in a firefight in a different direction, and you're 60-70m away.

You shoot with your GBB. One of the shots hit. He doesn't mentally register it as being HIT hit.

or

You let loose a 20 round burst. Some of the shots hit, most miss. Due to standing in a rain of BB's, he gets that he got shot at from someone wanting to hit him.

5:

Some *tortilla chip* is a bit of a cheater.

You shoot him with your GBB. He kiiinda takes it but plays on enough to shoot you.

or

You plant 10 BB's into him on the first burst. He instantly stops playing.

6:

You're holding a group of people down.

You shoot with your GBB. You run out of ammo and they run across the street.

or

You're rocking 450 rounds per mag, you don't run dry before the situation changes.

7:

You spot a group of people in a bush.

You start shooting at them with your GBB. You get the first one, then the other 4 have hit the ground or are shooting back.

or

You start your burst on the first person, then drag it across the other people.

8:

The game has started and your group meets the enemy group at the middle of the field. You can see 5 of them breaking off and running for covers on one side of the field.

You start shooting with your GBB. The BB stream is too inconsistent to hit them.

or

you put down a proper white laser in front of their cover. They all try to run through it and get hit.

9:

You're snapshooting with a guy 20m away.

You shoot with your GBB. Rof is so low that you get merely 2-3 shots away, and recoil throws off your aim anyway.

or

You let off 5 bb's in each snap with your AEG with no recoil, same timeframe.

10:

There's wind and you're not sure how much to compensate for it.

You shoot with your GBB. Miss. Correct aim. Miss. Repeat until target ducks into cover.

or

You aim directly at the target with your AEG, then drag the burst up against the wind.20 shots on each side miss, but a few in the middle hits him.

11:

You're shooting at an enemy just at the reach of your range.

You shoot with your GBB. Miss. Correct aim. Miss. Repeat until target ducks into cover.

or

You aim a bit above the target, then drag the burst upwards, creating a distance fanned shot.

Above all else, go out and try it. If you only play with GBB's (and the occasional stock aeg), you need to try a good M4 to get it. A complete setup. Something that just keeps rolling and 2000 rounds in your belt. :)

Archived