FLYYE "Molle Style PC Plate Carrier"

KyleKatarn

Hey, i just received my FLYYE "Molle Style PC Plate Carrier" (Eagle MBAV Clone), and i've got a question..

First of all, i'm pretty tall, 1,93cm for the records, and not too fat nor too skinny, so i thought i'll stick with "medium" size.

I saw many pics of the Eagle MBAV and i expected it to be like this:

307699_275436382487141w51x.jpg

But here's how it looks like on me:

p5050013bga9o.jpg

You can see that it's pretty wide, wider than i expected.

The main problem i have is, that the front side of the plate carrier blocks my arm. Not very comfortable.

p505001487u65.jpg

I wonder if the Flyye MBAV is not a 1:1 replica of the one from eagle? That's why the word "style" is in the product name?

Would it be a signifcant difference in width, if i'd have the Flyye Mbav in size "small"?

Thanks!

It's not 100% accurate. A real MBAV/PC w/c has 6 rows of molle across the top rows on both S/M and L/XL, whereas the Flyye version has 7. Having 7 rows plus the width of the velcro portion makes the Flyye MBAV wider than a CIRAS at the chest (which is 8 rows across).

I don't know if the Flyye small size would be narrower. The EI comes in either S/M or L/XL, both sizes are the same width, L/XL has an extra row of molle on the chest making it longer and it has a larger cummerbund.

• 10 months later...

Hey again, I got 2 really really urgent questions:

1. Does the Flyye Ciras in size "L" have an extra row of molle vertically, so 9 instead of 8? (Hopefully not)

2. I'm currently deciding between the "M" and the "L" Version. I know that the L Version is a bit longer, but is this "lengthening" done by lengthen the vest itself (by adding space between the molle rows etc.) or just by lengthening the 2 "adjustment straps", which are located inside the 2 shoulder thingies (sorry, don't know the right word)?

Thank you!

Archived