Semi-auto Benelli M1014

chas

I believe this was discussed a few months ago, but I cannot find the thread.

Im about to purchase a Double Eagle M56DL, which is a replica of the Benelli M1014 or M4, with Marui style tri-shot internals, so it is pump action.

But Walther/Umarex have made a 6mm version of their semi-auto, 1- or 3-shot (you can select the number of BBs) SG9000 shotgun, which works with a linear internal magazine and is powered by CO2. It doesnt have hop-up, though.

Would it be possible to fit the Walther internals into the Benelli body? I wouldnt dare to try this myself, but I would be willing to pay for someone to do it.

The DE shotty: http://www.popularairsoft.com/files/images/56DL_02.jpg

The Walther shotgun:

I'd imagine that's completely doable, but the tricky part will be drilling/dremelling bits out of the way so that you can load the magazine and access the fire controls. The biggest issue is that the magazine follower has the charging handle attached to it, so you'd need to cut out a piece down the entire right side of the receiver for that to fit in place. Probably not hard to do, but it'll probably look a bit ugly there. Guessing by how things line up, you may also need to cut away part of the rubber pump/handguard to make room for the fire control. Besides that, I don't think it'll be much work, as most airsoft shotguns are roughly the same width and height around the receiver, so things should probably fit together decently, with gaps capable of being filled in with plasticard if needed.

As for the massive CO2 tank, it should fit neatly inside the handguard, but you'll probably need to cut down the mag tube and directly attach it to the barrel.

However, if things aren't similar sized it could definitely be a problem.

I'd think the only way to really find out if it'll work without buying both guns is to find a store who has both in stock and wouldn't mind letting you see them, or at least being capable of giving the measurements to you over the internet.

Archived