Southwest Noob

futnut

Hi Everyone

You seem like a lovely bunch and I've already found a whole load of useful info regarding VCRA (minefield for the uninitiated) etc..., so thanks for that! 

I'm looking at getting into airsoft properly, does anyone know of any noob friendly events in the southwest (I'm in Bath).

Cheers

Well to add actually site reviews of that area you have:

Spartan Airsoft near Bristol airport. Not a bad site but it has a dodgy team of regulars that don't care much for others. Best to take things with a pinch of salt around them.

Bristol Airsoft Indoor site in the heart of Bristol. It is all indoors in a courthouse and one of my personal favourites, take a pistol or two though.

Warminster Airsoft I can't really comment on as I haven't been.

Swindon Experience Airsoft is a simple but well run site that has some very good marshalling but it could be better set up.

There is also a new site out by The Mall at Cribbs Causeway and if you have a car then you also have CQB Swindon and Dragon Valley out in Wales.

I can't comment on many of them as sadly when I was back in Bristol I didn't have many Sundays off for gaming. Though I might be heading back there next year myself and will start playing the other sites.

'FireKnife'

Hey Bud

I'm Bristol based, so should be in abetter position to comment on local sites!

Spartan Airsoft - Based near Bristol Airport. Woodland site that plays 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month. The issues fireknife mentioned have been sorted for a while, and its still one of the most welcoming sites I've played at with a good bunch of players.

Bristol Airsoft - Small CQB site in the middle of Bristol, good site, but quite small. I prefer the evening games as the site quickly becomes repetative.

CQB Tactical Swindon - Much larger CQB site with a good range of games.

Not played at Black Ops, but not heard good things about the site, small site with mainly paintball style games.

Drop me a PM if you want to meet up!

Later daze

Lee

Spartan Airsoft - Based near Bristol Airport. Woodland site that plays 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month. The issues fireknife mentioned have been sorted for a while, and its still one of the most welcoming sites I've played at with a good bunch of players.

Really, I only question it as the team in question was mentiond to me still doing the same things again and this was at most two to three months ago.

Still wish I was back in that area, so much more choice.

'FireKnife'

Thanks for the replies everyone, a lot to mull over. Unfortunately I don't have a car so a bit limited, but it looks like I've still got quite a few options.  I'd already seen the spartan site and was toying with the idea of going along. The only thing that put me off was the slight cliquey vibe to their site, so was a bit intimidated, suppose I just gotta suck it up and get on with it really!

Once again thanks! ;) 

• 5 months later...

Warminster Airsoft is my local - very friendly bunch, if you're needing to borrow a rifle or rent they'll accomodate! If you need any advice or just want to get down then have a look for the group on facebook.

Dave is the main man who runs the site at weekends, we've got MilSim on Saturday and a game day on Sunday. About once a month there's a night shoot on a Wednesday night.

Hit me up with a PM (click profile name and it's on there) I'll be able to give you all the details you need - no car is not a problem, Warminster train station is just round the corner and one of the locals can pick you up (if I can't myself!)

Archived