TM Next gen vs "old" gen ?

hiawatha

Is there a way to tell wich batch of Pmags it is ?

Thinking of getting some from ehobbyasia, maybe som other retailers you recommend ?

If it would be the old ones, is it only the bolt stop that doesnt work with them?

And is it just a stretch of the spring recuired to fix it ?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up my sopmod today :)

Added some magpul stuff from that "king arms magpul m&p something something aeg" im having up for sale.

Guess the furniture on it is worth more than the gun itself so i might just keep it, stock pistolgrip was really shiny and uncomfortable too.

Im loving it so far and the recoil is more enjoyable than on the scar i believe, and the 30 rounds limit is just awesome! :)

I really need to learn how to use Nikon D5100 though  :unsure: DSC_0597_zpsefebf9b8.jpg

Sorry that im posting here like a madman, but ive got yet another question :)

So today i recieved a mail that the 416 was out of stock @ Echigoya.

They arent really handling orders fast :P

Is the another good retailer who has theese in stock that you know off ?

Echigoya didnt seem to restock untill late august, early september. 

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.crw-airsoft.com/tokyo-marui-hk416d-recoil-shock-aeg-black-4142-p.asp

I've never used them but it was an update on the news here that said  they had them so I would guess they're reliable enough (damn you i really want one myself but cant afford it ATM ; p )

CRW is also the worst offender at overcharging for shipping from Hong Kong, you can buy an item that weighs nothing, under $20 in value and charge you over $30 for shipping, when Ehobby or Airsoftglobal etc would charge you around $6 for the same item. If it's not in a rush, I'd get it from Echigoya when they have it back in stock (or pre-order from them), it's the cheapest option really. 

Well ive got my hk 416 now, been having it for some time actually.

I first ordered it from Echigoya, the wait was 3-5 weeks they said.

I cancelled my order though because their tracking (EMS) leaves the packages to our post office once they reached sweden, and our post office wont handle guns.

So if they scan the package or somehow find out whats inside they can send the package back.

They wouldnt change shipping to UPS either so i went with WGCshop. 

Out of stock there to but i ordered it and like 5 days later the package was sent! :)

DSC_0940_zps69265bf5.jpg

Can't argue with that; if I could do it cheaply enough I'd get an unmodified SOPMOD to backup my existing one, to save on buying non-Recoil Shock magazines and the like. Having so many parts left over from my SOPMOD as it's upgraded (literally almost every part) I could almost build one from my spares box anyway.

My tuppence worth... 

I've handled a few of the TM Next Gen AEGs but don't own one and won't be taking the plunge anytime soon. They are fabulous guns and if I didn't own a room full of AEGs already, I'd save my pennies and have one of the new HK416s over any of the modern AEGs I own.

The problem I have with the Next Gen, apart from the need to buy another set of mags, is that they are all based on the AR15 platform. Now I know lots of people with lots of AR15 style guns but what I don't know are any shooters with only AR15 style guns and I think TM maybe painting themselves into a corner: you need much more variety if this platform is going to take off.

If TM are going to really succeed and put a Next Gen in everyones gun room, as they seem to have done with pistols and as was certainly the case Back In The Day when AEGs were going mainstream, they need to seriously widen the range. A Recoil Shock M14 or M1A1 shouldn't be difficult and unless do something like this, a lot of peoples cash will stay in their pockets.

You do have a point to some extent, Harborne Blue.
However, they also make the G36, SCAR platform and a handful of AK-platforms.

I do agree though, there isn't enough diversity yet. However, TM are more likely than not working on that.
It's time to get some shakey-shakey MP5s and G3s.

You do have a point to some extent, Harborne Blue.

However, they also make the G36, SCAR platform and a handful of AK-platforms.

I do agree though, there isn't enough diversity yet. However, TM are more likely than not working on that.

It's time to get some shakey-shakey MP5s and G3s.

Yes - fair point. I'd forgotten the couple of AKs and the G36 (although I'll stick the SCAR into the AR15 camp-ish). TM are definitely playing it safe at the mo - I'd love to add an old style MP5 in recoil shock to my collection.

Trouble with next-gen G3 and Mp5 or even AKs, is that I dream the day comes when they make a proper next-gen system for those (i.e. recoil as well as bolt stop and reactivation), but my ideal G3 / MP5 / AKs would have to be steel, which Marui can never deliver.. :(

Ain't that the truth! We are LONG overdue aftermarket receiver sets for the Marui NexGens - there is a grand aftermarket total of two lower receivers and one upper for the entire Recoil Shock range. Where are the LCT steel bodies for the Kalashnikovs? Or the PRIME CNC'd sets for the AR-15s? The NexGens are premium products; clearly the people that buy them have money to spend. You'd think there'd be some recognition of that by the aftermarket.

If TM are going to really succeed and put a Next Gen in everyones gun room, as they seem to have done with pistols and as was certainly the case Back In The Day when AEGs were going mainstream, they need to seriously widen the range. A Recoil Shock M14 or M1A1 shouldn't be difficult and unless do something like this, a lot of peoples cash will stay in their pockets.

I think the biggest problem is that the Recoil Shock system is very bulky and doesn't fit into a lot of guns particularly well. The M14, for example, has no space above (Recoil System V1) or directly behind (V2) its gearbox; where would the recoil assembly go? Only at an angle in the full stock - and then where does the battery go? The MP5 is another example - space is so tight in there that a lot of normal slither-stocked variants don't have anywhere to fit the battery, let alone a whacking great weight.

Puresilver: Yeah its nice to have spares etc, but to be honest it would suck to have a "normal aeg" again!

I can now say that since i started this tread, i have grown to love all the features like bolt stop/release etc

Those features together with the mags set on 30 rounds, its really f@#%ing awesome! 

Is there any normal aeg mags with that low-mag lock feature? I hade it on my ptw vanaras.

But yeah, a bullpup like Baddbaz said, that would be the coolest.

Archived