TM Next gen vs "old" gen ?

hiawatha

Hi everybody!

Maybe this one is in the wrong forum part, but since i have no clue, i thought it was kinda newbie :)

So im getting a new gun soon, and getting rid of my current vfc/umarex hk416.

It works like a charm, so vfc would feel like a safe buy again.

I now want a slightly longer gun based on the ar15 base.

Been looking at the VFC sr15e3 and the Tokyo Marui Recce Next gen.

I have been hearing alot of good things about the TM next gen guns, and mostly of how accurate it is.

So lets say both guns stock, with good hop rubber and same prec. barrels, is it alot more accurate ?

The TM would cost me about an extra 200USD, And the special mags are expensive as well.

Then again, ebb seems really cool but its not 200dollar cool :)

I would love to hear what you guys think, and again. Sorry for my bad english!

Cheers 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're going to end up getting loads of TM next-gen fans telling you that they'are absolutely amazing...

and as a TM next-gen fan who owns 3 next-gen recoils.. (G36K, SOPMOD, Scar-L)... they are absolutely amazing... I pretty much replaced any AEG I own when TM releases one in the next-gen format, if you are considering the Recce, the advantages isn't just the recoil, which by the way, is very different from other EBBs, many brand claim electric blowback when all they have is a cosmetic flap that moves the fake bolt, the TM recoil has a recoil weight, usually between 250-300g depending on model, so you actually get a positive recoil simulation while having the reliability of an AEG, and perhaps even more importantly, it has bolt stop! a feature that's only known to be on GBBRs and PTW, and unlike the older TM guns, this is also full metal. So... yes, just get it and never look back, the only AEG I've managed to keep after the next-gen's launch is the real sword type 56-1 due to the external quality which the TM next-gen AK lacks.. 

Thanks guys.

But except the recoil,bolt stop etc (Wich is awesome!!)

Is it still worth it ? Any other advantages gearbox-wise ?

Much better Hopup accuracy ?

Blobface wich is your favorite of the 3 ?

Im a big fan of that g36 also i must say! Love the idea of a really high end one!

Im a big fan of that g36 also i must say! Love the idea of a really high end one!

Well, as much as I like my G36, it'd have to be my least favorite, mainly because it has a similar price tag to the other two, but doesn't have the bolt lock feature, so it dry fires like all other AEGs after the magazine is empty, the recoil is also the weakest (not by much) out of the three, but it has the most common parts externally with common aegs (and apparently internally also, but I haven't looked into it myself).  

The guns work really really well out of the box as it is without much need for upgrade, it has around 300fps, and once you get around the myth that the higher the fps, the better the range, then you'd realise it's game ready for years to come.. the new hopup is also very easy to adjust, and the accuracy is TM standard... so that should say enough. Between Recce (or sopmod / socom) and Scar, it's a matter of personally choice at this point, the Recce is a lot more modifiable, in the future you can make it to take most airsoft handguards / stock (with front wiring mod) / various pistol grips also fit, where as with the Scar, there's very little parts that are compatible with what's on the market. 

But except the recoil,bolt stop etc (Wich is awesome!!) Is it still worth it ? Any other advantages gearbox-wise ? Much better Hopup accuracy ?

Setting aside the recoil, bolt stop, selectable-capacity magazines and the like is a mistake - either you want it, or you don't. There is no "not really bothered" middle ground when (as you've already pointed out) those features cost you several hundred dollars minimum. Trust us on this, you do want those features - but if you're not convinced, try and find someone else's to shoot before discounting them. There are downsides to the NexGen guns (mostly relating to diminished parts compatability with regular V2 guns, but a very good selection of upgrades are available) but none that most other guns don't also suffer.

The G36 is definitely the worst of the Recoil Shocks. In order from worst to best (IMO) they go:

1. G36s (G36K, G36C): (V1 gearbox, V1 recoil system) These are usually the cheapest Recoil Shocks and feature an ambidextrous selector, but they don't have bolt lock and they have a pretty mediocre ABS body - not the nylon fibre it should be - which goes shiny after a bit of wear. Plus, you can't get recoil-weight upgrades.
  2. Kalashnikovs (AK74MN, AKS74M, AK102, AKS74U): (V1 gearbox, V1 recoil system) These are the rarest Recoil Shocks, so you'll have exclusivity if nothing else. These have a metal body, but I think that these don't have bolt lock either and you can't get recoil-weight upgrades.
  3. SCARs (SCAR Black, SCAR Tan): (V2 gearbox, V1 recoil system) These have the correct metal/plastic bodies and feature bolt lock as well as an ambidextrous selector, but you can't get recoil-weight upgrades and the V2/V1 mix results in some other parts that are unique to the gun, and therefore hard to find upgrades for.
  4. Rear-Wired Non-Ambidextrous AR-15s (SOPMOD, CQBR Black, CQBR Dark Earth, Recce): (V2 gearbox, V2 recoil system) By far the most common Recoil Shocks, these have metal bodies, feature bolt lock and can be fitted with upgraded SURUS recoil weight system for extra kick. They also have by far the greatest choice of upgrades in general. However, the selector is not ambidextrous and the rear-wired battery system is very weak as stock (though it's easily upgraded) and many people end up front-wiring their guns for simplicity.
  5. Front-Wired Non-Ambidextrous AR-15s (SOCOM): (V2 gearbox, V2 recoil system) The cheapest of the AR-15s, these have all the features and upgradeability of the rear-wired AR-15s but come front-wired as stock instead of rear-wired.
  6. Rear-Wired Ambidextrous AR-15s (HK416D): (V2 gearbox, V2 recoil system) These are the newest release and by far the best. You get a slightly updated hop-up assembly (no real difference) but you do get an ambidextrous selector which none of the other AR-15s have and you still have all the available upgrades (including the SURUS). Again, this is rear-wired, so expect to have to perform some upgrades out of the box to the battery system, but nothing major.

Another good point to get across is just how much performance these manage to get from a humble 8.4, I run 8.4's in all my recoil shocks and the ROF they put out is fantastic.

My Aks74u has had about 40K rounds through it, with no issues.

My Sopmod (which was purchased second hand) has had at least 30K rounds through it by me, not sure how many by the previous owner, and the only failure has been a stripped piston.

They are very reliable. More importantly though they're so much fun to use!

Well im rather convinced right now!

Too bad about the g36 but i like almost every model. 

And the 300fps is perfect, wont have to change a thing when going cqb :)

Is there  a good guide on that front-wire mod ?

Seems like a good idea to get the M4a1 Socom for a lower price the get some rail to create my own RECCE looking gun right ?

Also took a closer look to a Scar-H a few days ago (Not tm though) And those are also really nice! Is there any avaible rail extension for the TM Scar ?

Alot of questions i know :)

Thank you

Found most answers for myself :) 

And i found a rail extension for next gens Scar, but the product only mentions the L version.

So can i get that for the H aswell ? Or does the l -h have different rail dimensions ?

Thanks

I don't know if it will fit the Maruis.

It doesn't, I can confirm this first hand, bought it as a gamble and it will require a good amount of machining for it to fit, might even have to make a threaded sleeve insert for it to be compatible. 

And the PWS SRX isn't the same as the laylax one at all, the laylax one is a replication of Tango Down, where as the Madbull one is the PWS SRX..

I heard the same about the pws.

The rail from wgc is from First company, but it looks identical from the laylax one. 

Maybe there the same ?

From what i can se, the upper and rails on the scar L and H are completely the same.

I cant see that there should be a problem fitting it on a H or what do you think?

Maybe ill just have to try my luck :)

I heard the same about the pws.

The rail from wgc is from First company, but it looks identical from the laylax one. 

Maybe there the same ?

From what i can se, the upper and rails on the scar L and H are completely the same.

I cant see that there should be a problem fitting it on a H or what do you think?

Maybe ill just have to try my luck :)

Shame you're in Sweden, because I have a Laylax Tango Down style rail that's never used in a game which I'm hoping to sell :P 

Well we will soon find out.

Marui SCAR-H Next Gen. AEG ( FDE )

First Factory SCAR-L Handgarud Booster for Marui Next Gen. SCAR-L AEG ( Black )

Marui 90 Rds Magazine for SCAR-H Next Gen x 5 

G&P T1 Red Dot SightWith QD Medium Mount

Magpul for G3/ M14 / SCAR H Airsoft Magazine x 6

Magpul PTS Angled Fore-Grip ( AFG ) Dark Earth

Magpul PTS x GoGun Gas Pedal

MadBull Rubber Bamboo Rail Cover x 4

Ordered today :)

Oh i will, thanks :)

Got both my hk416 and kalash sold right after the purchase, sometimes things work out great.

But now i wish i added even more in my order :)

I think it might be a nice setup, That gas pedal seems like a perfect fit for my holding style. 

Glad you like yours :)

Welcome to the new gen marui club, just gonna warn you that one purchase will lead to more. I cant keep tracking of how many recoil shocks I have

Thank you sir!

Im afraid that your right.

I need a new ak and if i know myself right, i will miss a hk416 soon to :)

Ok Baddbaz, good to know. 

Do you know if theres a fix for it ?

Only if parts are available , or you have to fix the folding part in place . The button seems to break on all of the scars .g&g ones suffered with this as well . Just be carefull not to stress the folding stock to much .

The First factory (Laylax) rail extension will work, confirmed in the TM Scar-L Review thread :)

I will keep an eye on that button, dont want that big stock flopping around!

Im pretty sure you guys run your recoil shocks with 7.4 lipos right?

Someone now the battery-compartments inner measures ?

And one more thing, wich "ammo" are you running? 0.28 ?

Thanks

Archived