TM Next gen vs "old" gen ?

hiawatha

Tm seems to be masters of plastic casting and casting in general,I have never seen better casting work than on a TM,comparing it to other cast products,not in airsoft alone.

I'm still a bit wary of recoil shocks,I want to wait a few years,however silly that may seem,for them to prove their reliability. 

I hear the guy who made the M92f went to work for WE when he was ordered to commit ritual suicide for making a *suitcase* gun.

(Not hating on WE,just making fun of them. Their glocks are bloody fine guns)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real sword , type 97 has better casting , but the tm is a close second ,

But real sword have an advantage to start with , norinco factory parts ..

I just wish tm would use better plastics / polymers on their guns . Hate the shiny look after a few months use ..

The socom would be the easiest route, i agree.

Had some field-play with my friends this weekend.

I switched alot between my TM scar and ptw and as said before in this thread, travel time actually is a problem if you want good results :/

While the TM goes almost as far and accurate as my ptw, the travel time really is holding me back.

My friends and i actually experienced a far better result from my part with the ptw and 130 cylinder.

They all said that the loud sound of the Scar always send a warning, and the travel time gave them the time needed to put their heads down.

Still alot of fun using it though :)

Any experience with heavy tuned TM;s ?

Good to hear Apslapp! :)

Looks like my ptw is getting taken from me this weekend, so time for another TM :)

Cant deside wich one though, or if i will keep my heavy.

Been given the chance to buy a sopmod with 8 original mags for a good price.

Is wich aftermarket barrel should i look for if i would make it into a Cqb-r.

Maybe cut the barrels and just put the flashider further in ? 

PTW sold and getting some more recoils :)

Quick question, does the EBB Pmags fit the 416 without or with little modifications ?

As they are the same price and they seem to work as good as the stock one (?) i might just get a bunch of those :)

I haven't heard of any problems with the Recoil Shock PMags and the HK416D. I think the 'HK416D' OEM magazines are just the regular Recoil Shock STANAGs painted black, so the magwell dimensions are probably identical, and therefore whatever fits the other Recoil Shock AR-15s will fit the HK416D too.

I haven't heard of any problems with the Recoil Shock PMags and the HK416D. I think the 'HK416D' OEM magazines are just the regular Recoil Shock STANAGs painted black, so the magwell dimensions are probably identical, and therefore whatever fits the other Recoil Shock AR-15s will fit the HK416D too.

Recoil shock 416 mags are different in dimensions but are very similar to STANAG mags

comparison shown in this video(2:45)

Quick question, does the EBB Pmags fit the 416 without or with little modifications ?

Fits fine without mod, I can confirm that first hand, however, if you happen to come across an old batch of next-gen PMAG, then you'd find that they don't always engage the bolt catch, but anything you buy from now on would work flawlessly.

Well it's just a newer gun, they are increasingly better made, that being said, I recently had access to a socom and a sopmod, the sopmod had completely different finish compared to my 4-5 year old sopmod, so they are improving the products even if the models were old. 

To be honest though, the 416 will save you money, because it's an HK416 afterall, there aren't too many external parts you could / would change... unlike the AR... I've owned 7 handguards for my stupid sopmod since I first got it... not to mention pistol grip and stocks (if you have front wired) $$$$$

What blobface said , I really really don't want to know how much I've spent over the years on different stocks/front ends/pistol grips for my sopmod's and socom ! (Would probably leave me feeling quite ill ! ) Lol

But then saying that I've gone and bought this 416 and think "perfect looking gun , don't want to change a thing on it "

AND now I'm looking at the different army's around the world to see who uses it to see which load out I want to go with it ! (Find my self being drawn towards a Norwegian loadout ) , can't win !

If madbull just released a Geissele rail for it this would be alot easier!

Theres something with the slimmer design of the standard m4 wich i like over the 416, cant put my finger on it exactly though :/

Actually im also considering the ak-102, since the sopmod and 416 are rather similar.

Something appeling with the combo it would make, AR, AK and Scar.

Shitload of mags though 

Dont know what you guys are talking about at all, but i just pulled the trigger on a 416 :)

Google the muppets Swedish chef , you'll understand then , even though the bear got the nationalities wrong at the start !

Now deny you loved it !

Archived