Help with VFC 416 butt stock battery compartment

Hi guys recently just pick this gun up but i seems to have trouble extending and collapsing the butt stock on the 416.

can some one post me a pic on how the cable management supposed to sit on the butt stock?

the cable shield for the battery on my gun seems to be ripped maybe caused by moving the butt stock extending and collapsing.

it was already like that when i open the package

i dont want to cause further damage to the cable.

any one have similar problem ?

thanks in advance.

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

Edited by T1no

Take the stock, stock tube off and then carefully cut the heat shrink off the wires. That's the sheath around BOTH wires not the red and black insulation on the individual wires ok. If the wiring is okay ie no nicks or breaks. Get some new heat shrink, slide it over and heat so it, we'll, shrinks and then reattach the connector put the stock tube back on and screw together bang on the stock and boom-good to go!

You can not manipulate the stock. You need to find the ideal length of pull and leave the stock there.

Tuck the wire into the buffer tube fully when you figure out your length of pull.

Other times if you have to collapse or extend the stock remove the rubber cap first.

If constantly moving the stock is a must you need to front wire it, or switch to a gas gun.

Agree with Dante. In my experience sticking a battery into the buffer tube and then trying to close the stock all the way (ie making it as short as possible) is a no-go. The stock is pushing against/crushing the bundle of wires when the stock is fully closed. Best to leave it in a longer position when you have a battery inside. 

• 4 weeks later...