Elastic for costum kit

Imperator

Not really sure this is the right place to be asking this, but it is gear related so...

Anyone knows were I can get wide elastic webbing (10cm/4" plus), in OD or FG?
Anywhere else than having to order a 5 mile long rol from somewhere is southeast Asia...

I've googled till my fingers bled (hum... there's a song in there :whistling:), but I can't find it.

It's that kind of elastic used to make these:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/james-speed-triple-pouch-p-3867.html

Yeah, true... I have some 5" wide I managed to scavange from a chest rig ebairsoft sells. But I'm in need of more for some costum mag pouches for 7,62 mags.
In the meanwhile I managed to find on ebay an US based seller that has FG 4" wide elastic to sell:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Webbing-Elastic-Waistband-Poly-Army-Foliage-Green-5-yds-/320703342614?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item4aab68a816

I'll be getting some.

Hum.. riding pants? That would never cross my mind in a million years :P Is it the same type of material, then?

I have found a couple of portuguese textil manufactures that do elastics, and I've e-mailed them inquiring on width available, minimum quantities and colours... Waiting on their reply.

I haven't held "riding pants material" in my hands, so i don't know for sure.

Anyway, i got the elastic webbing from the ebay shop linked:
IMAG0137_big_thumb.jpg

Perfect for M4 pouches etc. It was 15usd shipped iirc.

Nice! I don't know if mine has arrived yet, since I'm away from home on work, but I recon it must have. I was a bit afraid that the 10cm/4" would be narrow, but looking at that picture of the M4 mag, it will be perfect for G3 mags, since they're shorter. :D

Archived