I don't know if this matches other people's experience, but the last 2-3 days the site has generally been very slow to load, and several times I've got "the server is too busy" messages, and the site has been inaccessible for a while.

EDIT: sorry about the double post.  Ironically, I actually got the "server busy" message again just after I hit the "post" button, and I was unable to get back on here for about an hour.  I had no idea it had posted (twice).

Edited by mimesis

Just rebooted the web front end now. Ironically when I went to get at the service this morning when I saw this post I couldn't get in!

I've restarted the front ends now, there will be a load spike while it settles and I'll monitor it. The box has been up 597 days so it's done well so far. :)

Is there any type of a lack of server space/oomph causing a problem?  Because if the forum needs extra funds I'm more than happy to put down cash to keep this place running as smoothly as possible, resorting to other airsoft forums when Arnies is down is just a horrid and utterly lacklustre experience by comparison the majority of the time..  Whether it's some sort of special membership or just plain donations, I'm sure I'd be far from the only one who'd open their wallet.

I noticed the problems. It's been impossible to access through tapatalk. Not sure if this is something unique to that program as I have accessed through my browser a couple times.

As ckinnerly suggested I'd be happy with a donation thing going on. Not too sure about a special membership tier though. The really nice thing about arnies is the equality between users :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

yeah, I got

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM ibf_cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'systemvars','login_methods','vnums','app_cache','navigation_tabs','module_cache','hooks','useragents','useragentgroups','skinsets','outputformats','skin_remap','group_cache','settings','lang_data','banfilters','stats','badwords','bbcode','mediatag','profilefields','rss_output_cache','rss_export','meta_tags','ipseo_acronyms','attachtypes','multimod','moderators','announcements','report_cache','report_plugins','ranks','reputation_levels','chatting','birthdays','calendar_events','calendars','support_staff','support_departments','support_statuses','donation_goals','blog_stats','blogmods','idm_cats','idm_mods','nexus_ads','ccs_menu' )

just now for a while.

Let me know times (and timezone you are in) that you find it slow. I can then check here. Sadly I don't have 24/7 access here due to my "real" working life getting in the way.

I can keep an eye on things and see if there's more I can do. Last time we were overloading things because the databases were just too big. I solved that by archiving a lot of older stuff. It's still available in the forums, just listed separately if it's a year or more old.

I've noticed this a lot too recently but it's been much improved over the last two days or so. I've been meaning to ask - is this all running off a desktop-sized box in your house, Arnie?

Nah we run off a dedicated rack in a server farm. Glad the speed is better!