WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears to have a switch on the magazine to stop firing when empty

Magazine sophisticated design, you can set an empty guns but no bullets or no bullets bolt firing mode after setting mode, no need to bomb icon after the scheduled completion of the steps in sequence

One would pull down the lever beside the valve and hand crimping remain fixed (blue arrows) (2) and then to the other hand to the other side of the valve lever to push forward without firing is complete without shells mode! (Red arrows)

Huhm, other than the general GBBR trigger troup similarities and the more realistic hammer shape, what else do you mean ?

That it's not a VFC copy in any way.

edit:

Probably like their AKs. Mag follower trips a lever that pushes the valve knocker out of alignment. Last shot on empty chamber is a "click". And looking at the mags there looks to be a switch for dry fire mode.

the mag system for firing stop looks to be based on the WE AKs system of disconnect, which i never found all too reliable, and thats when used properly, most people have the levers flipped wrong and the gun light strikes and they ragequit and sell the guns or kill it with fire etc

The WE AK empty disconnect system only sucks because the disconnect is exposed unlike the WA/VFC M4 mags where its recessed into the mag.  Pulling the mag out ends up tripping the disconnect on and dry firing the gun.  It is a PITA but just gotta get used to it.

Will wait for WE's MP5s to see if it will be worth it.  The VFC is great but I don't know if I can put up with the efficiency issues or the durability issues. 

Similarly if WE plans to bring a real receiver kit for their SMG 8 then that might be a better way to go without the same broken nozzle deal as the marui.

Just thought I'd reiterate some stuff. The WE hammer pack looks in no way like a VFC trigger pack. a VFC trigger pack is basically a real HK trigger pack with a valve knocker added. I know this because my VFC now has all real Mp5/G3 FCG internal parts in it. No serious modification required. The only parts that arent real in mine are the Valve knocker mechanism, which doesnt exist on a real FCG, and the ejector lever, which acts as the valve locker on the VFC. The rest of the parts like sears and selectors and such are essentially 1:1 copies of real Mp5 parts (Some are slightly different in width, like the sear, but the real ones work just as well). (Oh and the hammer spring isnt real either because I think that would bend the VFC triggerbox frame)

I now know why Umarex never bothered marketing the VFC Mp5 in the US. The ATF would have shat their pants.

The WE trigger pack doesnt seem at all similar. the trip lever that is used to unlock the hammer, on the VFC, is essentially a real trip lever. On the WE FCG, it looks more like the one on their M4, or more specifically, their PDW series, where its just a smaller piece of metal that sticks straight up.

Also, As people have noted, the Anti-Dry fire system is a disconnect type like their AK. I really prefer this over VFC's system that just slams the loading nozzle into the follow, since that leads to broken followers and loading nozzles. VF'c loading ramp is also poorly designed, and has a much too steep angle in a short distance to feed reliably, leading to frequent jams and chopped BBs.

I'm thinking about it this way: I already have a really nicely modified VFC Mp5, But It has its issues. Its more of a gun to have because of the realism. I think of it like an Iranian or Pakistani made Mp5. It shoots. Sorta. sometimes.... when it doesn't feel like jamming instead.

The WE, hopefully, will be a more skirmishable gun. Its not going to be as realistic internally, but anyone who REALLY cares about internal realism can get a VFC instead. I personally dont care about the internals because I dont see them unless Im working on them, and if WE manages to make an Mp5 that actually fires every time I pull the trigger, then my VFC is going to find itself sitting in the closet collecting dust.

I do admit though, that I am anticipating having to get RATech internals for it. But considering that Ive had to replace the VFC internals first with steel parts, and then real parts, that doesn't seem too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's saturday and if I understand things correctly the WE MP5K is dropping in stores in Taiwan today?

Hammer Model has posted on arms-cool that people can come to the shop and try and buy the MP5K at a price of 7500 TWD, which translates to ~$250 USD. Problem is that is the Taiwan market price, if things progress as usual you can expect to see it at $275-$300 USD for international orders.

Slightly higher than expected or that we hoped for, but if the pics are anything to go by this looks to be WE's most finely crafter GBBR to date, I dare say. The reciever being stamped steel and all, burst function etc.

For me personally it feels a bit much for an MP5K, but we shall see what initial reviews have to say.

Either way, regardless of price, when the A3/A4 comes around I will get one :)

Source:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-145976-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhg7e-JuNLeBRth6Oal5LrUFkKuzVg

I thougt you said dis-regard and that the post with the price in, was about the M9? That's why I said about $250 being too much and who would buy WE pistol at that price.

Edit:- looking at it again. The post you edited saying "whoops, was in relation to M9", I thought you meant ignore the post above it (not being able to edit your previous post or something similar). My bad. Though, the MP does mean; machine pistol (just to be perdantic).

No I accidentally posted something which was related to the M9 in this thread.

Just to put things into perspective and show how spoiled we've become, the Maruzen MP5K sells for around 200 USD, and that MP5K is not great! I had one. All plastic, no stop on empty, didn't handle green gas very well without mods. On mine the magazine well cracked and the magazine did not stay in when firing, too much recoil and pressure on green gas. Etc. etc.

So, with that in mind, $250 USD or so for this WE model isn't all that bad.

The problem is that WE have sold physically bigger rifles for the same or less, and that kind of makes people question the price I guess.

I also belive that this model required more R&D than previous models due to the firing mechanism and form factor.

On the other hand the VFC one is $350 USD but is more accurate and licensed than the WE will pressumably be.

Anyways, enough of me defending WE and their products and pricing, but you hopefully get what I mean :P

Nope, looks like I was wrong and it has not been released for sale yet. If it had we should be seeing pics and impressions on arms-cool.

I read something about delayed release until later in December but the translation was really poor so not sure.

Archived