WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres one good thing about WE. That is that, at least with their rifles, even if their internals are made of swiss cheese sometimes, the mechanism's design still tends to work very well. I cant think of a WE rifle off the top of my head that didnt have a well functioning system. Even the AK that had garbage internals still works well.

So, given that, even if the internals need to be upgraded to RATech, it will still be a well performing gun. The same cannot be said about the VFC, which can be upgraded as much as you like and still may not work.

plus its got dat VSR hop up.

seriously though, i can forgive the $250 price tag for the stamped steel and welded receiver.

i will seriously consider not buying one though if its more than 300. but im more looking for an A3 than an MP5k. but i dont know if ill even use it outside of CQB.

cause i probably won't.

RA-Tech just put up a video testing the MP5k prototype. looks promising, but the burst was a little wonky in the small amount of shooting that they did.

also, the lever on the mags to block the valve knocker do look like they can be accidentally engaged pretty easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVU2WPjf6So

With internet diggin, the thing they use to measure it is a push pull meter .. how ever it measures dependant on what plate you have inside which go from 1kg to 50kg .. so 2.9 of probably 1kg .... or 290g of pull xD or it could be something else entirely .. I don't know ...

http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/6779022/push_pull_gauge.html

I prefer Nishiyan's method of tape-a-cup-of-water-to-the-gun-and-see-what-happens. Plus I'm pretty sure that rig which looks to be solidly mated with the gun (unlike a persons shoulder) is dampening a lot of that inertia. How much or if they've compensated for it through calibration, we'll never know.

I like that RA Tech try to measure the recoil of GBBRs, but they change the setup for every gun they review so the data is useless...

Even if they kept the same set-up, it would be a waste of time as no-one else uses the same system. I'm not sure if a true 'recoil measurement' system exists for the 'real gun' world. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to create - just a welded steel frame and grips to provide solid mounting, some strain gauges to measure the force applied, and a computer to record the forces in real time for later analysis. You could share the design online to encourage wider acceptance of the new standard.

Well it would be less of a waste if at least RA themselves used a consistent method so that values between different guns they test would be comparable.

Even still I think felt recoil would be subject to whom is shooting the weapon.

Not a big deal for me, I could care less for their tests, but it's nice to see an effort at least.

If TM were able to generate sufficient enjoyable recoil from their MP7, then the same should be possible for the MP5K without adversely affecting performance that much.

Gas guns are, to me at least, fun-guns - they're not the most practical things in existence, but you know what? They work decently well and put a smile on your face, so when you blast away it feels a little cooler. That increased satisfaction is worth almost all other trade offs. I just hope that the WE Apache/MP5K follows suit and gives some decent blowback :)

Archived