WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the short ones are already 30 rounds, I can only hope that when the full size version is released, it'll have 50 rounds+, which would make it very good for general skirmishing, providing the performance is good, can't wait!

As for RA-Tech's recoil test: while they have been changing it loads ever since, first with the pool balls, now the gauge, you can tell that they are trying to get it right, and it's a really difficult one to get right, while I'm sure a RA-Tech steel SCAR kicks much harder than a GHK G5, the impulse feels very different, but the number might suggest something not entirely correct, it's like trying to compare whether jalapeño is spicier than wasabi by using nothing but numbers.  

Yeah, i would have to agree that there really is no benchmark for GBB Mp5's yet. The VFC needs TONS of work to get firing right, and the Maruzen is basically an old Mac-11 in a different shell. Realistically, unless WE's version literally explodes once its fired, there's almost no way it could be worse then those other two.

Edit: Oh, and also neither of those have much in the way of recoil. The VFC has a little bit, But its not really anything impressive. Then again a real Mp5 doesn't exactly recoil much either so I guess its really neither here nor there.

Im wondering if WE shipping it with the short mag has anything to do with their longer mags being the wrong shape.

Saw some pictures of the mp5k, the finish looks really nice. Im waiting on the full sized version, pending that this one will be performing reasonably well. WE has left a bad taste in my mouth in the past.... i may be willing to give them another chance since they have stepped up to the mp5 plate :) 

That use to be part of the fun back in 04. If you wanted a certain type of m4 or ak varient, you had to source the parts yourself. PDW basically is the same thing that's being released. I bet someone will release the stock separately (probably WE, like they do for the G39).

Isn't that just an MP5K with a folding stock (and an extra long flash hider)?

Yup. I'd even ignore the flash hider, as my interest is mainly the stock.

Apparently it's fun to search for the stock, or use the "fun gun" MP5K.

Do I look like a "fun" guy?

Miedosmall.jpg

Gimme the damn thing already built! :D

HK street price is $2250hkd, or approx $280USD

Hmmm... I think the markup for this product seems a bit excessive...

$250 USD locally in Taiwan

$280 USD locally in HK

$350 USD for international orders from HK shops (AirsoftGlobal)

Da fuq a duq ? :o

I'm not saying it's expensive for what it is, but there usually isn't that dramatic of a price differense between markets. Oh well, it might level out a bit as more shops get them in stock and start competing.

EDIT: CWI Airsoft / BB Dragon has it listed for $272 USD on their English page, seems more reasonable.

Wingmann, I see a cheeky grin breaking through in that picture.

If the price is more than the vfc, but it is good to go out of the box, I'd pay the extra. If it requires work ootb, then count me out. But I bet I'd still buy a MP5K version, just for the looks and function factor. Bit of plinking.

Oh no. Just checked my funds. I have enough. Must resist till some skirmish reports come in, must resist! But what if they sell out while I wait. . . . . !! Sod it, time to buy!

Archived