WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

In that video, there's something off and I can't tell what. It might be the back of the MP5K, it looks like it moves or something try's to push out?

I could be hallucinating though.

it looks like the video was recorded at 24FPS. that plus the recoil making the gun move and the sling mount jump will create movement ghosts. thats what you are seeing.

good to see though that it can empty a mag before cool down.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, good old digital technology. You didn't get that with photochemical, just good old motion blurr, which was the bain of stop motion animators lives (as they tried to recreate it).

Not much ghosting going on with the bolt. Could be the strong light source also.

I notice that usually mags jam not because debris has got in, but is a combination of tolerances, spring tension and magazine lip design.

On guns like the KWC Mini UZI, VFC M4s, Maruzen PPKs, the double stacked feed lips means it doesn't jam at all.  In saying that I have had ONE instances where a KSC hardkick magazine (they were double stacked feed lips) also jammed.

Most other magazines are single stacked feed lips, but some have jammed more than others.  In particular Maruzen P99s, KSC MP7, Marui/KJW Glocks etc.

Back to the MP5, I think the exposed magazine isn't the deal breaker, it is the improper dimension and curvature of the magazine.  It will be used indoors or limited field use anyways with that sort of power.

That's not a sling mount.  It's a sling retention keep.  All MP5s have them.

one the real mp5k they dont have them but you can add one if you are building a mp5k clone

real mp5k

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/review/41/mp5ka4.jpg

clone mp5k reverse stretch

http://oi52.tinypic.com/262uwb9.jpg

Nah not fixed. The problem is that once WE make the molds for magazine shells etc. it would take alot to remake them.

Wonder if it might give trouble with magazine pouches ? :o

Haha... Just found that Googling for info on this bad-boy is going to be hell... "We need a name for this gun... let's name it the same as one of the worlds most popular web-servers, should be aweosme!"

I know the name is not directly tied to the web server software, but you get the idea...

Interesting note,

The MP5 burst fire uses the M16 burst mechanism instead of the HK ones

H&K burst will give you three round (as long as there's round) no matter what

M16 burst will cycle through every three shots even in semi and full auto -> If you fire once on semi before burst it will only fire 2 shots in the first burst before the three shot burst. Same thing applies if you release the trigger early on burst and only fire 2 shots, the next burst is going to be 1 round.

It's odd for WE to make M16 burst trigger mechanism...unless they're planning to make trishot burst available for M16.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10153586052760293&set=o.203251427550&type=2&theater

(The guy is definitely NOT first class presenter but gets his point across)

Or perhaps it's just significantly more difficult to make a system which works reliably with shooting a consistent 3-round burst irregardless of previous fire-selector mode and if the rifle has been fired or not?

Dude. "Irregardless" is a double negative non word.

Same as on the Kriss, if you shoot from 2rd burst its 2rd every time. However if you change from semi to 2rd burst its 1 round then two.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

It is but it seems to be recognized as a (non-standard) word though and it bears the same "meaning" (implied) as regardless . But thanks for the Google-trip, was an interesting read and I will not use that again.

I think you guys are expecting too much from WE. The FCG in the MP5 lower has alot of room for moving parts and selectors arms etc. compared to their M4 platform. Sure they might be able to make them smaller and fit. But to think that WE has the fore-sight to build a 3-round burst function that works like an M16, but put it in an MP5 as a "test" (just typing that sentence has me going WTF) just seems a little too much not like WE :P

Their engineers were probably like "we've been at this for a whole afternoon and we can only get 3 round burst with reduction in shots when swithcing from semi and/or ful." WE boss : "That's excellent, let'g go into production!"

At least that's how it plays out in my mind.

I honestly never minded the lag between shots in select-fire guns i.e. first shot from switching semi-auto to full-auto is semi, and then off it goes. It's a minor annoyance, and one I'm happy to live with because it's a friggin' MP5K :D

PS: The confusion with irregardless stems from people getting muddled with irrespective and regardless. Much like 'situational irony', irregardless seems to be accepted into common vocabulary despite both of which being quite nonsensical.

Ahhh grammar and airsoft lol. Only mentioned it as I was watching an episode of American Dad last night where they use the term....

In all honesty what ever happens im very excited. Mainly because the MP5K is out first meaning that any teething issues or 1st gen production issues should hopefully be solved. Meaning the full size MP5s should be totally solid out the box, with aftermarket parts and everything else already out on release rather than having to wait for months and months.

I personally always found tri burst to be slightly excessive in airsoft, double tap is far better IMO. None the less it is an awesome feature they have added in. 311_018b_mp5scope.jpg

Thats what I want :D

But didn't they use Marui MP5's for non-firing scenes (same lower as above) and for blank firing, it was an SEF lower?

Grammar is like Pandora's box for me. Being dyslexic, I am way behind most people's level of accepted grammar. My level is probably similar/more akin, to that of an 8 year old.

Back on topic:- WE has changed it's approach lately (just look at the new m9's), maybe this burst feature is a long term investment . . . ?

Archived