WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was also looking for that RA Tech clip again. Perhaps there was something in the video that was "off" and they didn't want it public anymore.

Anyhows, who's up for a gold WE MP5K ? :o

13121619028c08751b32e8501a.jpg

This is from the "Ghost Island" company that post on Arms-Cool. I cannot for the life of me understand most of the products they put out in horrible colors and just looking like ###### most of the time (poor paint/finish etc.). But I guess the Taiwan crowd wants this kind of stuff.

It's not a joke people, a real product.... Limited edition though, thank God. 8 pcs per color of Gold, Silver and "black enamel" (?). Only gold pictured so far.

Source: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-146668-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhisML8JkAQG2yoSLDCA9PGE7gD-ZQ

I'm going to sound like a girl here, but that color upper makes the magazine look fat :P

Someone on arms-cool posted a comparison of the magazine specs between WE, Maruzen and VFC, and WE is just 0.75-1mm off spec from VFC, but still looks strange.

Source: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-145407-14-1.html&usg=ALkJrhiNPY4U-Js-UuS0PBmm33CcyfZSlw

Pots #200.

Probably the huge open seam in the front. Larger than Maruzen still.

That gold 'finish' made a part of me die, I think it was my optimism. I wonder how long it will take ra tech to release a plathora of extras for this?

Looks like I'll get my grubby mitts on one of these this January. Already I'm thinking that I need an SD version and a plain jane MP5 (sans K).

It is but it seems to be recognized as a (non-standard) word though and it bears the same "meaning" (implied) as regardless . But thanks for the Google-trip, was an interesting read and I will not use that again.

I think you guys are expecting too much from WE. The FCG in the MP5 lower has alot of room for moving parts and selectors arms etc. compared to their M4 platform. Sure they might be able to make them smaller and fit. But to think that WE has the fore-sight to build a 3-round burst function that works like an M16, but put it in an MP5 as a "test" (just typing that sentence has me going WTF) just seems a little too much not like WE :P

Their engineers were probably like "we've been at this for a whole afternoon and we can only get 3 round burst with reduction in shots when swithcing from semi and/or ful." WE boss : "That's excellent, let'g go into production!"

At least that's how it plays out in my mind.

Seriously though how hard is it to copy the RS FCG?

The WE M14s have pretty much an RS FCG,  VFCs M4s have FCGs so close in dimensions to RS that they will fit inside an RS lower.

It is but it seems to be recognized as a (non-standard) word though and it bears the same "meaning" (implied) as regardless . But thanks for the Google-trip, was an interesting read and I will not use that again.

I think you guys are expecting too much from WE. The FCG in the MP5 lower has alot of room for moving parts and selectors arms etc. compared to their M4 platform. Sure they might be able to make them smaller and fit. But to think that WE has the fore-sight to build a 3-round burst function that works like an M16, but put it in an MP5 as a "test" (just typing that sentence has me going WTF) just seems a little too much not like WE :P

Their engineers were probably like "we've been at this for a whole afternoon and we can only get 3 round burst with reduction in shots when swithcing from semi and/or ful." WE boss : "That's excellent, let'g go into production!"

At least that's how it plays out in my mind.

I would just like to point out that, on a real Mp5, when you are switching between fire mods, that the burst mode will only fire 3 minus the previous shots fired.

That is correct for the model. That is how it works on a real Mp5. Im not sure why you would hold WE accountable for that, when you should be writing a letter addressed to Oberndorf am Neckar.

If you want something that always sets itself to 3 then you need to get an m16a2, which works in an entirely different way, and was designed 2 decades later.

Actually, no. The M16 burst fire is renown for doing burst minus what has been fired (for example: fire two rounds and empty, reload and the next shot on burst will be one shot).

The H&K burst units, as far as I remember, reset after each trigger pull, and therefore will always fire a burst between the number of rounds left in the magazine and the number in the burst.

As far as I remember its the other way around.  The M16 uses a sliding sear that resets whenever the trigger is released. the Mp5 is the one that "keeps count" on the previous rounds fired. I could be mistaken, but I'll check when Im on the range with the things either later this week, or after Christmas, when Im scheduled to do some practice. I know the AR15 four position selectors get a bit odd when shooting, But I dont recall any oddities on the 3 position ones.

In either case it wouldnt make a whole lot of sense unless WE has somehow cloned the opposite weapon and jammed it into the Mp5.

Of course, Im talking here about switching INTO 3 round burst mode, *NOT* letting off the trigger early while already IN 3 round burst mode.

I would just like to point out that, on a real Mp5, when you are switching between fire mods, that the burst mode will only fire 3 minus the previous shots fired.

That is correct for the model. That is how it works on a real Mp5. Im not sure why you would hold WE accountable for that, when you should be writing a letter addressed to Oberndorf am Neckar.

If you want something that always sets itself to 3 then you need to get an m16a2, which works in an entirely different way, and was designed 2 decades later.

I wasn't the one who made the statement that it was incorrect though. I was only speculating as to why WE would of made it the way they did even if it was wrong for an MP5.

Just Googled around for RS info and found this on the M16;

I won't go into the detail on how burst fire works since its hard to explain in writting, but to put it simply it uses a ratchet type system which is different from the type of burst system Hk uses. It is really a poor system used on the A2 since the cam does not reset itself each pull of the trigger. If you fire two shots out of a 3 round burst the next trigger pull will only give you 1 round, where as Hks set up resets itself.

Source; http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/burst-fire-m16-735/

Post #3

Another post states the same;

Phylodog is correct in his description as it relates to the M16 platform. It is radically different in other firearms, specifically the MP5 line. The burst mechanism in the M16 is a ratcheting cam that indexes itself 3 times when the trigger is pulled. The down side to this setup is that if you let off the trigger after 1 or 2 rounds, then the next trigger pull will net you only 2 or 1 rounds, or whatever adds up to 3. The H&K version nets 3 rounds with each trigger pull regardless of how long you hold it down.

Source; http://ingunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/8271-how-does-3-round-burst-work.html

Again post #3.

So yeah, I guess the WE MP5 would be incorrect.

Words.

Well, Correct me if Im wrong, But those short bursts shown in the video are when the gun is switched into 3 round burst mode. They are on the first burst but not subsequent, because the burst wheel (And yes the Mp5 uses a burst wheel/cam, similar to an M16 but engaging differently)  has counted the shots in semi automatic toward the burst, and has picked up from there when switched into burst mode. So while you will get 3 rounds from the HK burst function even if you let the trigger go early, when switching into 3 round burst, the cam has already been moved by previous shots. Or is there a video showing the guy letting off the trigger early and getting short bursts that I missed?

Heres what a burst wheel looks like http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/HKN11142-250.jpg

The M16 has a different problem where bursts will be short if you let off the trigger early, And the next shot will pick up from the position the cam was left in. Or sometimes they just fire two shots for no reason. The M16's burst function is more of a limiter on the automatic function then a purpose built burst function.

I guess you could be right. There are two different things then, switching from previous fire mode and aborting an ongoing burst sequence.

I am thinking maybe the 3 round burst on the WE won't even abort mid-sequence if you let go of the trigger ? :o

Just a speculation though.

Until someone gets a hold of one and can try it out I don't think there is much sense in further discussion.

True. But there has to be some limitations to that argument otherwise you end up with something which is not an MP5 anymore :P

Also, it's still interesting to know how it behaves in relation to the RS one. I.e. how it works when aborting a burst sequence.

The information I found about the RS systems, I assume, are in regards to just using burst mode and does not take into account which firing mode was used previously to switching to it.

Just had a look at a mates and his rear site was wonky. Basically the base is off, I'll post a picture later.

Well, here's a terrible picture of the rear sight (hopefully you can see how slanted the mount base is for the sight). Didn't have enough time earlier to take a picture with a decent camera and ruler, to show how slanted base is.

Picture:-

Thanks, Tink.

Didn't get a chance to shoot it (don't like firing gbb's while my children are in the house). Should be able to shoot it this weekend (fingers crossed!).

Edit:- it did feel great. Really decent weight, though a bit front heavy, with a really nice texture on the plastic lower. The mag was a bit fiddely getting in but wasn't a problem getting it out.

I have to say, this really does look good in the flesh (besides the rear sight).

Archived