WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest the whole gun looks a touch off in that comparison pic NonEx put.

But at the end of the day should it work who cares? I don't care that my old TM Glock was too wide to fit some holsters as the thing worked when I needed it to unlike my old KSC one which did fit but was a bugger to get to work.

If this gun can put a .25g bb about the same distance as a pistol reliably without much issue then I am happy. If the mags don't fit in a pouch sure I would be sore but if that was my primary concern I would just not buy it and hope someone else comes out with a better option.

To my mind there is a lot worse to worry about than shape, sure it could be better but we put up with so many other mis-shappen things with issues, especially from WE.

'FireKnife'

The gas venting issue shouldn't be a big deal.  Yes I agree it is sloppy.  It also seem to be once an occasional issue, with one video of it failing vs other ones showing successful mag dumps. 

But like many of the guns, the VFC/Inokatsu/VIper, etc the cooldown is horrendous and no one seems to complain about them when they only fire off 15 rounds in a mag at 15*C before their cycling slows to a grind.

Most WE guns do have overly powerful recoil springs which doesn't help the cool down, and just by cutting the spring/slowing the ROF it can make the difference between cool down and no cool down. 

My concern for the MP5K, aside from the mag curvature are: 

- Reliability

(my KWA MP7 had issues where I would fill one mag and even though I "charged it" it would only fire 25 rounds before it run out of gas while another mag would be fine, I sold the MP7 after that.  Another issue is with the WE PDW where the zinc bolt would seize up inside the receiver whenever I took it out to a humid field, and no matter how oiled up or up oiled it was it would cycle fine and then randomly seize)

- Accuracy (I recently bought a WE TT33 and in the store it kicked great, was gas efficient and powerful.  Took it home for backyard shooting and the accuracy was so bad my pocket pistols could outshoot them.  It was hopping downwards and towards the left, and even though hop was on high it had no effect.  I determined a combination of bad hop rubber and hop arm, which snapped as I tried to reshape it)

- ROF isn't high enough  (Its an MP5K, should be at 900rpms)

- Gas cooldown

- Power isn't high enough or range isn't far enough

(Most of my WE pistols for strange reasons can't shoot past 40m even though they output at 300-320fps, and my WE PDW had inconsistent FPS output)

I am not asking the world here, but my KWA MP9 has everything sorted in these departments LOL.

still doesnt bug me, plus the perspective in the pic of the WE makes it look even worse than it is, being taken from slightly behind rather than right over the middle like on the RS pic

Don't mean to spurr on the mag shape hating but for the sake of fairness here is a better picture that surfaced today on Arms-Cool;

we_mp5k_curve.jpg

You were right that the angle made it appear worse, suprisingly how much so actually.

EDIT: Actually. Could it be that the previous one was the 45rd magazine, and this is of the 30rd magazine, and the shape actually is a bit different ? :o

EDIT: Can confirm from the different picture sets that the previous one was the open-front 45rd magazine and this new one is the closed front 30rd magazine.

However the angle factor might still explain the differenses and they both might be just as curved/straight. Guess we won't know until someone gets both mags side-by-side.

Anyone knows anywhere in the EU where I could buy the H&K mp5k pdw stock? I wonder how much work it'll need (or won't need) for a RS stock to fit this gun..

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Folding-Stock-HK-Marked-MP5K-Folding-Stock-6p391.htm#.UsyHnPRdWLM

Speaking of, the guy on Arms-Cool updates his post with this;

1522134_816339471715351_514810931_n.jpg

Source: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-147483-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhg6JMjhDLj1CnvzY87NFEauR0CLzw

I can't figure out what or how it was done though, doesn't really say in the text from what I can tell. But definately possible. Probably not an RS stock since it's in Taiwan, but who knows.

Hopefully WE release more variants and accessories so you can build whatever MP5 you want for yourself.

since it has no sling mount, i assume he did the same thing people did to attach the folding stocks to the Maruzen MP5ks. drill the 2 holes needed in the stock plate and bolt on a folding mech from an AEG stock.

can anyone tell me if the muzzle is removable like a Marui and Maruzen, or is the barrel all one piece?

I'm starting to get a little worried about the possible future model releases... There has not been any official word at all that the other models are in fact coming, not that I am aware of anyways.

I would think WEs logic states that if the MP5K sells well, they will release more models, if not they scrap it. And from most of the comments I have seen it's like "Cool, WE MP5, but I don't want the K".

Granted there have been pics of the A4 model, but we all know how WE guns can disappear even if we have seen prototypes...

Am I just paranoid ?

I've wanted a gas MP5 since time immemorial, not to exaggerate or anything, but the primordial issue for me is whether or not the mags are going to leak like early gen. M4/M16 mags.

Also, I wish it was as easy as "just get the real one" but it's not exactly lawful to do so in my neck of the woods.

So it's a SEF lower then? Seeing as there are many varients of the MP5, the A2 being the full sock with SEF lower. I'll hold off till the have the sliding stock version. Though, I've got a feeling it will be the navy lower (or what ever the non SEF lower is called) on the full size MP5 with a solid stock/sliding stock, as destinations of real deal don't always translate well over to airsoft replicas (they get the designation wrong).

Dangit I don't want any NAVY lowers :(

Also, if this is true, then this is a whole nother level of suprise release by WE :o

Anyways, I can live with a SEF lower because there are the "normal" ones as well so I guess you could swap em out.

Here's hoping for a complete catalog of MP5 models from WE :P

Archived