WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh how come they didn't make them look different this time(which Im glad about). As usual it will most likely need internal upgrades, but I would still buy one tough I already have a good MP7 as I like the MP5. Also Im curious about the recoil and cooldown.

I'm going to wait for the early adopters to find all the problems...the rate of fire seems really slow and there's lots of gas venting, even in (presumably) warm Taiwan.

Also is it just me but does the mag on the A4 seem to curve too much? (pic in the arms-cool thread) My MP5 senses are tingling...

FYI I did an overlay comparison of the picture posted with an RS pic of MP5A4 and the magazine does curve every so slightly more than the RS one. But I think it's mainly the angle that the gun is in in that picture that makes it look worse. It also appears to be a little bit longer. But it could be my scaling was not exact...

Nope.  Not being sarcastic.  I have a VFC.  Cool down looks as bad if not worse.  Of course these are still prototypes so room for improvement.

Relatively accurate looking internals is nice to see.

Those magazines definitely look off to me, comparing it to my VFC (And some real Mp5 mags I have laying around). It at least has the wrong curvature to it, and the length looks off as well. Though, it might just be one of those things.

Hopefully WE will correct this before the design is finalized because that would be a shame to take all that time with the designing only to have it come out wrong.

CO2 will probably happen eventually...not too fussed personally, WE GBBRs seem to work just fine on propane and CO2 only cheeses the internals even faster. On that note I seriously doubt they'll have suddenly started making all their guns from CNC steel, this is WE after all - they are built to a price.

Don't get people who bother about fps though, reducing power on gas guns is easy. If nothing else this will probably take a standard WE open bolt NPAS (but imo that's far from the best way).

Looks interesting, especially as aside from the Maruzen for the MP5K (which lacks a bolt stop) there isn't a decent MP5 GBBR type replica.

Either way if they can get round to clearing up the issues then this could be a fun little gun to have.

'FireKnife'

Hellz yeah! Finally some news. I was beginning to think this had been shut down due to copyright issues! :D

Same here, I'd lost all hope! That's awesome news. Also, if the performance isn't as good or slightly poorer than the VFC, it's not as much of an issue as you won't be paying VFC prices. I'd love to see plenty of MP5 GBBs hit the fields and that was never going to happen with the cost and/or performance of a VFC.

Hopefully Ra-tech should be all over this too so even if you have to upgrade it it should still be pretty affordable.

Decimus.

I suppose if WE doesn't fix the problem with the magazine shape I would still be interested in getting an Mp5K. Since its a different profile anyway the mag shape is less noticeable and doesn't really bother me.

With an incorrectly shaped mag however, I wouldn't be interested in a full size Mp5. Especially not so considering I have a VFC Mp5 with every upgrade possible. If they do fix that though I'l almost certainly buy one.  I cant imagine it being less skirmishable then the VFC one.

Judging from the internals Im sorta wondering if VFC or RS parts will be compatible with it, since it does look quite similar. Probably not, but it would be nice if there were readily available spare internals.

Archived