WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think once it gets past a certain age, it's not protected (wasn't the mp5 out in the mid sixities?). Also, if a design resembles a previous design (has similarities) then it's not protected.

Can't wait to see a pic of the full size/full fat MP5. With that lovely SEF lower.

I beleive the MP5 is old enough now that even the design isn't protected.

Had a brief play with the MP5K today.

Things I like: 3rd Burst, the look and feel. 3rd Burst.

Things I don't like: Having to reset the bolt stop on the mag each time you reload, Not being able to grab the BB follower to load (only way i found was to force BBs in through top of mag) and finally that I can't afford one at the moment.

Single shot felt reasonably nice and snappy with reasonable accuracy at cqb ranges. Rate of fire is a touch too slow on 3rd Burst/Full Auto but I had no problems firing off a mags worth of 3rd Burst on the short mags (including multiple refills of the same mag).

From my limited experiance with this gun, it has some promise. Only time will tell if it can stay in one piece long enough to see it.

Can't make sense of that BB follower comment. From the pics I have seen there appears the be a small tab/ledge on the follower that you can pull down on with your fingernail and it also doesn't make sense for the base on the open front of the BB stack opening to become wider at the base if you weren't supposed to load from there. :o

Also if and when I get one of these I am getting the long closed-fronts for sure, even though they are like 1000 USD :P

Looks much cooler!

yea but it already gets terrible cooldown as is, the only way to increase ROF without making it worse is a lightweight aluminum bolt, and it could be shortstroked a bit but the problem is just htat the bolt moves so slow

As I suspected, no SEF lower :o

Haha. Well to be fair the MP5 model designations are damn confusing.

At least I'm happy :)

Well, now to decide if I am going to grab this, or hold out even longer for a potential A5 (new lower, collapsible stock, just to be clear.)...

EDIT: Adjusted A3 to A5, lol! See, not easy!

I actually remember looking this up a while back and I found a very useful chart that explaind the differenses. I can't recall but I wonder if the actual style of the lower was a part of the model name or not, or if it was just the type of stock and firing modes that determined it. Can't find the dang chart. Think it might even have been on H&Ks website.

OK here's what I got after some research;

MP5A2 = (SEF lower), Safe, Semi, Full-Auto firing modes, fixed stock

MP5A3 = (SEF lower), Safe, Semi, Full Auto firing modes, collapsible stock

MP5A4 = ("NAVY") pictogram lower, Safe, Semi, 3rd burst, Full Auto firing modes, fixed stock

MP5A5 = ("NAVY") pictogram lower, Safe, Semi, 3rd burst, Full Auto firing modes, collapsible stock

But the question remains, if the style lower is part of the model designation, or if it's just a case of old style SEF lower (no longer used) vs. new style NAVY lower, and that the firing modes and stock configuration are the main determining factors. From what I can find I think it isn't. It's just old look vs. new look. There are NAVY lowers with Safe, Semi and Full-Auto and those are called A2/A3 as well from what I can see :o

How do you mean? WE are calling it an A2 ?

What is the source of the picture? Interested to read / see more.

Also, to get technical again, I found that the WE "Apache" MP5K is really an MP5KA4 :P

Also, here is my though. Buy an MP5A4 or A3, then complement that gun with the opposite models stock. And then possibly buy spare parts required to build an MP5K out of the A4/A3. Should be do-able and fairly cost effective. Because let's face it, I am not a big enough MP5 fan to have all three complete guns. KIC or AFC should be able to custom order parts for the WE MP5 as needed.

I don't think you can build a mp5k out of a standard mp5 without a lot of work... or vice versa, iirc the dimensions of the cocking tubes are, also there's a plate welded onto the hole where the sliding stock would go, I can't imagine you can let details like that pass when you build yours NonEx :P

Archived