WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

Am I going to be the only one who comments about the BB that flew out of the ejection port in that video?

Otherwise it looks great! Personally I like the clunky burst/auto because it means you're not wasting all of your ammo instantly and means you can put some rounds on target nicely. I agree for an SMG it should be higher, but from a practicality stand point I think it works.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right about the A4 to K, I was thinking of just getting an MP5K upper with the minimal required internals and parts build between the two. The lower should be universal and the magazines, and hopefully most of the internals in the upper as well.

Right about the A4 to K, I was thinking of just getting an MP5K upper with the minimal required internals and parts build between the two. The lower should be universal and the magazines, and hopefully most of the internals in the upper as well.

If they made the lowers realistic, they will be different, and incompatible. You can make an MP5 lower fit the K, but I'm pretty sure after that it won't fit a normal Mp5 again.

MP5:

mp5cp4possemitg-3_1961_detail.jpg

Vs Mp5k:

mp5k4postg-3_1289_detail.jpg

I see. Interesting.

I wonder if WE went the extra mile to make different spec lowers. Seems unlikely.

Anyways, the MP5K from an A4 was just a thought, not a big fan of the K really so it was only if it was easily doable.

But the A4 and A3 mix and match should work though, right ?

Am afraid Blobface, I don't have a real steel stock. Other wise I could see if it fits (mate was happy with the K so he's left it with me for the time being). I could take a awful iPhone picture though?

Awful iPhone pic of WE's stock plate:-

Edit:- removed offending swear word. As a certain 'c' word that isn't a pregnant fish but is used to describe something that isn't very good or tht is useless/bad.

If it's got the 'HK' logo in a big circle (MP5K stock) it's probably original; if it doesn't, it probably isn't - clones were made by several companies, including Choate, in several countries. At €375 it's probably the real thing, but if so it also has a fair chance of being second-hand, so ask about its condition too.

Blubberface wrote; ;)

That weird protruding bit looks like bad news... thanks for the picture! Do the spring go over it or something? Real one (providing the pins even line up) doesn't have that, do you think the black thing is vital? If you imagine to chop it off, what effect would it have? 

I'm pretty sure that is the bolt stop/buffer, and I would assume it is needed for proper operation. Also I think the thick shorter spring goes over the black rod, to take up the recoil of the bolt and make it cycle faster. You might be able to cut it off and dummy it up or replace it.

There's a shorter yellowish buffer knob on the stock in your ref. pic. in roughly the same spot. But dang, would be a gamle to buy a 375 USD stock and not have it fit :o

Took the pic in PS and moved the parts around and it doesn't seem to fit for the recoil spring guide rod as I thought initially, it rides above in the top part.

See this pic;

021_zps8c4d55ff.jpg

More reference pictures; http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-145407-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhgbZpcmhvD0lugRUvkQpmjL-MbkgQ

Here's my PS mock up, tried to scale the UMP stock to match the size of the WE K end-cap in size and hole alignment. Assuming WE is 1:1 then it _might_ be possible. But don't take my word :P

we_mp5k_stock_scale.jpg

375 euro... not usd...  :D but no, looking at these pictures it's highly unlikely for it to be easy... won't take the plunge, I'll probably get the full size version instead, and patiently wait for someone to release a stock specifically for the WE, which I'm sure someone will, eventually. 

LOL yeah I didn't see your edit the first time round, must have slipped in just before. DANG, the stock is from Spain as well which makes returning a little more complicated, I'll check into it before I plunge, I could always 3D print the "stem" anyway so I won't have to destroy the real stock.

How about you get someone to take some pics of the RS stock and the WE cap with measurement tapes next to it or something. Just to confirm the scale of things. Measure the holes (distance / position) with calipers and whatnot.

Or, as you mentioned, just hang in there and wait for after market stocks.

Or, get someone who knows Chinese to ask the guy on arms-cool how he did it and with what stock.

Alot of options seem more logical than blindly spending 375 EUR :P

Archived