WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure that one of those "SD" types is going to be the Mp5 SD with a buttcap on it. Dont forget the "Mp5sd4" is not a suppressed A4, it has no stock at all. The SD model numbers for the 3 round burst trigger types are one behind the non suppressed numbers. So, An Mp5a5 is a sliding stock variant and the Mp5sd6 is it's suppressed equivalent.

Mp5sd4 = No stock. End cap only.

Mp5sd5 = Fixed Stock

Mp5sd6 = Sliding Stock.

I would imagine that since WE hasnt shown any sliding stocks yet, that one refers to a buttcap only version, and the other has a fixed stock.

Also, interesting to note that this year marks the fiftieth anniversary of the Mp5. It also means that its patents expire. Now we know why WE held on to it  for a few years. There are no longer any "likeness rights" for Umarex to own.

I wonder if there are going to be more Mp5's being made due to that.

Mp5sd4 = No stock. End cap only.

Mp5sd5 = Fixed Stock

Mp5sd6 = Sliding Stock.

Not to be pedantic again but the SD4, 5 and 6 don't really exist :P.

They are just names given to the SD1, 2 and 3 when you put the Navy trigger pack on them. Not sure if H&K have made them official names but it is still SD1, 2 and 3.

Saying that it has gotten to the point that everyone just assumes those are the model numbers so carry on :D.

'FireKnife'

Not to be pedantic again but the SD4, 5 and 6 don't really exist :P.

They are just names given to the SD1, 2 and 3 when you put the Navy trigger pack on them. Not sure if H&K have made them official names but it is still SD1, 2 and 3.

Saying that it has gotten to the point that everyone just assumes those are the model numbers so carry on :D.

'FireKnife'

Well, By that logic, the A4 and A5 also dont exist as they are just A2s and A3s with burst grouping as well. HK lists the Mp5sd6 as a model on their website so Im gonna have to go with what H&K says on this one.

a 3 shot burst grouping is a pretty major mechanical difference requiring an entirely different fire control group. Its not just a minor cosmetic detail on the plastic.

Well sheit. I think we need to ditch the model designations and just flat out write the specifications that we mean. :P

I shall purchase one instance of a WE Taiwan made Machiene Pistole 5 (Five) aka APACHE airsoft gas blow back rifle with a pictogram trigger group with safe, semi, burst and full auto capabilities, it shall also be equiped with a collapsible stock!

:geek:

Probably easier ;)

Also I think I read that the MP#N# designation is from the German army (or some institute) and not by HK themselves, but is just became the standard reference for the rifles and was adopted for model designations. Much like the Beretta M9 and M9A1 by the US military.

Sneaky Edit: Habakure is a muppet :P

Hmmm yeah. They better... Or at least have a third party make them if WE can't make it happen.

Does anyone recall from the APACHE DEV pics from WE if there were collapsible stocks in any of the pics?

I know I saw pictures of a box full of the fixed stocks but have no memory of the collapsible ones.

Well, By that logic, the A4 and A5 also dont exist as they are just A2s and A3s with burst grouping as well. HK lists the Mp5sd6 as a model on their website so Im gonna have to go with what H&K says on this one.

a 3 shot burst grouping is a pretty major mechanical difference requiring an entirely different fire control group. Its not just a minor cosmetic detail on the plastic.

They don't. The designations are 1, 2 and 3 and then the packs you add to them :P.

I know it sounds stupid but it got to a point that people started calling them 4, 5 and 6 and then it stuck (even though in the A's the A4 is fixed while in the SD's it is 5 as the 4 is a fixed cap, so it is already messed up) . As pointed out the same goes for M9 being used when refering to any Beretta 92FS as it is the common name associated with it.

Anyway back to your discussion, I am bored and work so finding things to busy myself with :D. Also I am tempted by the K-PDW but it just doesn't look like I have the funds for the moment nor the chance to use it as I would like to :(.

'FireKnife'

Problem is that the SEF lowers are not used anymore so that would mean that the early models 1, 2 and three also do not exist.

So the conclusion to all of this is that this SMG does not exist at all.

SD6 no exist you say ?

MP5SD | Technical Data

MP5SD6 – Cal. 9 MM X 19

Source: http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/military/products/submachine-guns/mp5/mp5sd/technical-data.html

MP5A3, MP5A4 and MP5A5 no exist you say?

MP5 | Technical Data

MP5A3 – CAL. 9 MM X 19

MP5A4 – CAL. 9 MM X 19

MP5A5 – CAL. 9 MM X 19

Source: http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/military/products/submachine-guns/mp5/mp5/technical-data.html

EDIT: Removed incorrect / outdated references...

I am this close to calling H&K support to get this *suitcase* straightened out...

*fruitcage* it.

I suppose you are right... :|

It's just that my craving for correct facts drives me nuts, I hate being trolled like this and not knowing what is what.

And I mainly post stuff I find to let other people know just as much as it is for myself. Apologies if it comes across as spamming :o

Time will tell what WE releases for there Apache line. We could guess what the designations (WE's designations, not Heckler and Koch's designations) mean until the cows come home and not get anywhere.

I just can't wait till WE release pictures of their entire Apache line (complete with designations).

My own little review, copied over from the KGB website.

I've always been a fan of the 'Kurz'. Don't ask me why, because I generally don't like MP5's on the whole.

I've always been a fan of gas guns, again don't ask me why because generally they are a pain, full of inconsistency, leaky mags, seals etc etc.

So why on earth would I ever want to get a gas MP5??

Well, after having both a Kurz AEG and the gas Maruzen MP5k (and the Well one), and thoroughly enjoying both of them despite their foibles, it seemed only logical.

I'd been waiting for the WE 5k for a while since our resident "Gas Deviant" Kenny mentioned there was one coming out.
And when one came up at a bargain price, I just had to take the plunge.

So... as with all reviews, we have to mention the box (don't ask me why?).
It's sturdy, box like and has a picture of an Apache Helicopter on the front. Tick!

The Kurz itself. 
It's a weighty beast for it's size, and this is due to it's steel and polymer construction. No cheap *albatross* monkey metal around here! (not on the outside at least).
The upper receiver and mag well are tidily made from pressed steel with some very neat weld lines and decent markings. The foresight detailing is crisp and the rear sight is nice and functional. The steel cocking handle is nice and sturdy and operates with a suitable clunk. There is the obligatory sling loop on the rear.
The lower receiver is made from a good quality polymer that feels robust. It has a very good finish with no noticeable seam lines or imperfections. The ambidextrous fire sectors are in the "Navy" style and it rotates smoothly between the 'safe, semi, 3 round burst and auto' marks.
The fore grip is made from the same polymer and is nice and tight.
It's held together with steel pins and strips in the same fashion as the real Kurz.

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

I haven't really done an inspection of the innards at this point.

The Hop is adjusted via a knurled ring underneath the fore grip. Simple and effective. My understanding is that it uses a VSR style rubber, which only bodes well (not had chance to confirm this yet).

IMG_1867.jpg

No complaints at this point... 9/10.

Magazines.
I only have the standard 30 rounders at the moment.
They are made from metal and like all gas mags are nice and weighty.
There is no feed port, so it's reloaded through the top, which can be a bit of a pain in the backside. The spring is good and powerful, which only makes reloading them even more of a pain.
Now, there are a couple of funny levers on the outside of the magazine, which are there to serve the 'stop firing on empty' function. It would appear as though this needs to be reset each time it is loaded otherwise you end up with a 'dead mans click' even with a fully loaded magazine (I'll demonstrate this later). So this in my opinion is a bit of a bind, and could be designed better. Also, as it stick out proud from the back of the magazine, it could easily be inadvertently switched whilst getting the magazine out of a pouch and if you don't check it before putting it in the mag-well, well.... You know where that leads!

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

Also a couple of the mags were leaky already. Whilst this doesn't surprise me, it is a mild annoyance.

So. Mags, solidly made, design could possibly be better, better seals wouldn't go amiss. 5/10

Firing...
Insert the Magazine with the bolt held open. Click the bolt release home with a satisfying clunk and you're ready to rock and roll.
I've filled the mag full with from a fresh can of Propane. The temp outside was pretty cold (about 5 degrees) and non of the mags or gas had been pre-heated prior to testing.
The Kurz fires with a nice snappy report and the recoil, whilst good, isn't massive. Suitable but not overwhelming.

I haven't had chance to measure the range or crono it yet, but anyone who knows my garden will be able to judge. It fired quite nicely from my Garage to out the top of the garden into the woods beyond (easily) (approx 40m). The hop was still a little aggressive on 0.25's even in it's fully off position and floated them up a touch. No biggy as it may settle down, or I just use a slightly heavier ammo.
For a Barrel length that is as long as a cigarette, the accuracy was surprisingly good with it flying straight and true (apart from the over hop).

3 Round Burst. Probably the best function of this little gun. Superb. A Faultless 'clack clack clack' spitting out three beebs in quick succession. The rate of fire isn't as mental as the Maruzen Kurz, but still good enough.

Full auto. As you'd expect. Keep the trigger down to empty the mag in no time what so ever.
There was an element of 'cool down' when firing the burst in quick succession or the full auto. From a fresh fill in cold weather, I managed to squeeze out about 2/3rds of the mag before I suffered cool down. After leaving the mag for a while, I was able to empty a whole mag, but only just. Warmer weather and a bit more 'mag preparation' is probably going to be the order of the day.
This is really only to be expected though, it is a GAS gun after all. They have their foibles, and you have to learn to live with them.

This is what happens when you don't flick the lever on the back of the bag before putting it in!

Initial impressions.
The 5k is a neat little compact primary. It's well built and superbly detailed (despite the slight skew on the mags that people have pointed out). It feels great in the hand and functions as it should. The slightly over complicated mag stop system may prove to be a little annoying unless you can really get into the habit of checking them before they go in, and making sure the bolt is open before inserting a new mag.
So this is not for the drill sloppy or the spray and pray merchants. It really is a 'professionals' item. It will require work and attention, keeping on top of leaky mags and the such like. And it will require some switched on thinking when using it.
But it fires straight and true, with a good recoil and sound to keep a decent sense of immersion and amusement.
Time will tell how it holds up to skirmishing, and how practical this magazine thing is.

at the moment, out of the box... 7/10.

Does the retarded mag angle not interfere with your wrist when using the front grip?

I have massive mongo hands and long arms, but when I played with a WE MP5k with a 45 round magazine it didn't interfere with my wrist.

Also:

But but but BUT THE CURVE IS SLIGHTLY OFF!

THE CURVE IS SLIGHTLY OFF!

THE CURVE IS SLIGHTLY OFF!!!!!!!!

THINK OF THE EFFECT ON OUR CHILDREN, YOU *fruitcage* HOMOSEXUAL COMMUNIST NAZI PAEDOPHILES I BET YOU READ THE GUARDIAN

Can we just leave this *suitcase* alone now?

There are so many different things in airsoft which are not 100% true to real steel - our ak AEGs are too long, our m4s have fat grips, our AUGs have the wrong cocking handles and rail set ups etc etc etc

What we do not need is someone bleating on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about something which few care about and has no real impediment to the operation or aesthetic appeal of an airsoft replica.

<<<MOD EDIT>>>

Removed excessive 'and on's.

Nah, you're not alone. The mag angle is what made me decide not to get it too. I already have a VFC Mp5. I was considering retiring it and getting a WE but if they couldn't even be bothered to get the shape of the thing right then I see no reason to switch over.

Makes me wonder what else they thought was "good enough" in the internals if they couldn't be bothered by the externals.

Either way I see no reason to switch from this:

JbYmt3ml.jpg 7JBftpBl.jpg

To one that doesn't even have the right shape to it.

edit: Its especially disappointing considering how long the wait for it was.

Archived