WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

Its more likely just a production schedule thing. Even a manufacturer like WE cant make every model at the same time on their production line. It might have just been out of schedule and they were making some other models at that time.

Im still very tempted by the WE Mp5 primarily because of the fact that it seems to have a real anti dry-fire mechanism. It appears that it just has a block or a disconnector like the AK had. And that to me puts it way ahead of the VFC in terms of design. So, assuming WE hasn't decided to make the internals out of cheese like they did on their AK, I think they could definitely beat out VFC on this.

Plus, aftermarket parts. Any parts prone to failure will have 3 different companies making an enhanced version within a month. Im especially leery about the 3 shot burst control, as that seems to be a part prone to failure on every airsoft gun that has tried it.

Speaking of 3 shot burst, I like that it functions like the real MP5. AKA: If you fire one round, the next burst will only fire 2 rounds, etc. Not that its the best system, but its nice that its the same functionality.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bankz was cursed by VFC or something, he tried nigh on everything to get his running right to no avail...

Still, back to the WE one - WE GBBR's these days are generally damn good; Admittedly they need parts replacing occasionally, but they're almost always easy to obtain, there's plenty of aftermarket and retailer support, and WE use an excellent hop design. I'll wait until the 2nd generation, but I quite fancy one...

Very cursed, every VFC ive owned has turned to rubbish. I don't trust them as a company anymore...

Exposed rounds dont bother me either, easier to check rounds.

My VFC Mp5 was a trainwreck too for a long time. It took me forever to find the right combination of parts to make it work right. But now it works *really* good with basically no issues (Though I did tear the bucking somehow some time in the past few weeks).

I really could never recommend a VFC Mp5 to someone who doesn't like to tinker with their guns. On the other hand, Ive recommended WE M4's to many people starting out in GBBRs. Theyre relatively easy to work on, parts are plentiful and inexpensive, and they really don't require any work out of the box save for an NPAS if necessary for indoor games.

For the price that WE generally asks for their guns, they are a good value. The AK *was* kind of a bomb though, But with steel internals I think its better then a GHK. And costs about the same.

My gun is still all steel. It was a question of which upgrade parts worked with other upgrade parts. Like, for example originally I had a TSC aluminum cylinder when it wasnt working properly. When I chucked that and used a Brass cylinder instead, all the the light recoil problems disappeared.

Also VFC's feed ramp is terrible and really needs to be changed out for those new plastic ones with the arms. they work wonderful.

Which? The WE ak's (am looking at a gbb ak next year and I'm flexible with the model of ak 47/74) or the vfc mp5? In reply to hitman saying that they are reliable, if left stock.

Hes referring to the VFC Mp5. The WE AKM will eat itself apart if left stock.

Possibly, but I had it when it was almost just released so there wasnt as many aftermarket parts for it as there are now. I tried many combinations of things and so did a couple mates who know alot more about GBBRs than I.

In the end I just about managed to get it to fire 15 rounds consecutively on semi with about a 40ft - 50ft effective range. Still though for the price jesus I expect it to work, at least a little bit as standard.

None the less I got rid and bought a KWA MP7 and never looked back!

Back on topic though, I am so damn excited for this. I really am, as always I assume there will be teething issues when its released. Co2 mags shouldnt take too long to come out either, providing the internals arnt made of cheese like early open bolt M4s...

Oh noes. WE SVD out of stock, must have stopped making them.... Makes sense :P

Sorry, I just had to.

Anyways. Is there any info on which models they will launch on release? I am seeing alot of MP5K and I had one of those from Maruzen so I rather try an A3 or A4 from WE from the get go.

I assume they will eventually come out, but what is coming out first ? :o

Oh noes. WE SVD out of stock, must have stopped making them.... Makes sense :P

Maybe i phrased it wrong for the sake of being brief, a well sorted GBBR SVD is the pinnacle of cool for me. So i have been keeping tabs on the WE since it launched, every so often i follow up on it and i noticed it hasn't been in stock for a  very long time in retailers that carry a lot of WE stuff(save the occasional premium alu+wood version being sold at some ridiculous price). Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places but it seems to have gone the way of the dodo...

Back on topic i would LOVE an A4, but the design(and price) of the mags and the ability to reliably do burst/full auto worry me at this point. WE's track record in those two particular areas is not brilliant. I wonder if the VFC fiasco just made me weary of GBBR MP5's.

On the other hand WE have been making some progress when it comes to quality and they sure have had a lot of time to fine-tune this to perfection, so fingers crossed...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we are one step closer to release. There is a sticky topic on arms-cool. I will share the highlights;

DSC_6682_6356_zps3bec34da.jpg

Believe it or not, there is an MP5K in the picture above. LOL :D

021_zps8c4d55ff.jpg

Looks like the MP5K is alone on initial release.

I think it looks really good actually.

They say that the planned release is for early november (Taiwan). No word on pricing or pre-orders yet.

Source: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-145407-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhgbZpcmhvD0lugRUvkQpmjL-MbkgQ

Let's be honest. If some of the internals are made of cheese, but it is cheap, people will buy it. Then, a certain (separate) manufacturer will release replacement parts. If this is $220, I'll buy it. If it's $300+ then it's internals will have to be as good as their g36, I mean G39.

Teasing barstools (the retailers). I'll be honest, that MP5K does look sweet but not that sweet to be a wall hanger. Don't mind buying replacement parts, after a fair few rounds have been through it. But, and this is a big but, if it's released and major parts are of the side, count me out.

:D ok then! Thats a fair point!

Yeah Im hoping for the £200ish price range like the G39 however that was polymer this will be metal, might up the price.

As long as it holds out like all their other rifles to 10K before major failures then im also very happy, a simply case of a new standard trigger set and a spare bolt maybe. (personally not a fan of RA-Tech stuff)

I was going to pick up a GHK G5 however I may wait until this comes out! I love MP5s!!!!!

Doesn't look like VFC clone internals to me. For one the bolt is completely different and doesnt seem to have a seperate bolt head like the VFC does. It also doesn't seem to have a trip lever, but a more usual looking button.. thingy instead.

The trigger components might be similar in appearance but I doubt the actually copied anything from the VFC. Besides, it wouldnt be in their interest to do so anyway, considering how many issues the VFC design has.

Archived