WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive found the stock hop unit to be designed for the new WE buckings so while VSR style buckings will fit the hop arm doesnt push down evenly where it should.

You need to use a new barrel to fit a new VSR style bucking.

Im going to cut some extra material out of the hop wondow in the barrel to hopefully the arm exerts pressure more evenly.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Greetings!

I am thinking of getting a WE MP5 SD3/6 model (should it really be called SD6 since the SD3 only has SEF, but SD6 has NAVY lower receiver?).  Somehow can't find much used ones on the market (currently in HK) so will eventually get a brand new one within a week or so.

A friend is using A3 model, got a great deal for an used one with 5 open front magazines, absolutely no complains except the flick on top of the magazine.  As I went through the thread, the post from blobface on page 40 has some great tips on fixing that, and NonEx's selfless testing on the open vs. closed magazine is excellent. 

Currently using KWA M4 gbb, also no complains but have always liked the look of MP5 SD variant.  After all the readings and users’ testimonies I have decided not to go with VFC but WE. 

Cheers!

Greetings!

I am thinking of getting a WE MP5 SD3/6 model (should it really be called SD6 since the SD3 only has SEF, but SD6 has NAVY lower receiver?).  Somehow can't find much used ones on the market (currently in HK) so will eventually get a brand new one within a week or so.

A friend is using A3 model, got a great deal for an used one with 5 open front magazines, absolutely no complains except the flick on top of the magazine.  As I went through the thread, the post from blobface on page 40 has some great tips on fixing that, and NonEx's selfless testing on the open vs. closed magazine is excellent. 

Currently using KWA M4 gbb, also no complains but have always liked the look of MP5 SD variant.  After all the readings and users’ testimonies I have decided not to go with VFC but WE. 

Cheers!

You'll love it! Depending on where you intend to use it, the SD6 shoots way hotter than the A5. I own 6 open top mags and after 2 game's, it's become second nature to always reset the bolt stop lever after refilling empty mags.

Here's the release log according to AirsoftGlobals "product added to catalog" info: 

WE Apache MP5K : Tuesday 10 December, 2013

WE Apache MP5A2 : Friday 17 January, 2014

WE Apache MP5A2 PDW : Thursday 27 March, 2014

WE Apache MP5K PDW : Wednesday 18 June, 2014

WE Apache MP5A3 : Saturday 30 August, 2014

WE Apache MP5SD3 : Monday 05 January, 2015

WE Apache MP5SD1 : Saturday 24 January, 2015

:D

No it doesn't need a new inner barrel. It needs a new hop rubber as most of the WE MP5s do. But because WE decided to used a shallow hop window on the MP5 for some reason you need to replace the barrel as well.

There are details of the swaps made at the top of this page and end of the last.. We actually answered your questions! ;)

Archived