WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone having problems with Hop consistency? A mate and I have the same setup and we both are experiencing this.. We have a deepfire TB with a Maple Leaf 70 degrees bucking. What happens usually is that the hop doesn't work until further in to the bbs in a magazine.. If I adjust the hop to engage more, then it would over hop the bbs starting from maybe 25th-30th shot.. Anyone knows a fix on this? Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone having problems with Hop consistency? A mate and I have the same setup and we both are experiencing this.. We have a deepfire TB with a Maple Leaf 70 degrees bucking. What happens usually is that the hop doesn't work until further in to the bbs in a magazine.. If I adjust the hop to engage more, then it would over hop the bbs starting from maybe 25th-30th shot.. Anyone knows a fix on this? Thanks a lot!

Yeah its why I use a VFC MP5 with a VSR hop mod over the WE MP5.  Hop isn't that consistent at all (considering the same hop is used on the MP7s and they are great), plus the rear sight drum being too tall and the flimsy steel sheet which WE used.

So many issue that the WE MP5 fixed but so many issues that had been introduced makes the WE harder to achieve near perfection that the VFC MP5 can do.

VFC MP5

I owned one of the first batch VFC mp5 way back, abandoned it quickly. Years later, when deciding to get a GBB mp5 again, having heard that new VFC mp5s have improved, thought about it quite hard and decided to go with the WE instead for the advantages of higher mag cap, proper stop on empty mechanism, and burst fire mode. 

As said above, get a normal WE style inner barrel and any hop that was designed to go with it, you're good to go, my MP5K's accuracy was atrocious to begin, and that quick fix did wonders.  

My barrel was changed already to a regular vsr window type... Will try to maybe clean up my bucking first.. Before, after I changed the barrel and bucking, this was happening as well but would only need a couple of shots, around 5 shots, before you see the hop engage and have awesome range and accuracy.. But my problem only happened last weekend where I almost finished the entire mag and the hop just won't happen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the VFC and the WE bar the mag levers is a million times better IMO.

I tried everything to get the VFC to work and it was total *suitcase*, ive had a few VFC things in the past but the MP5 was the final straw. Ill never touch the brand again.

You may need to change the nub, I changed mine and its much better.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Deepfire suck monkey testicles.

Check that your outerbarrel is screwed in properly, and that the o-ring that puts pressure on your hop-up adjustment wheel is in good condition.

You shouldn't be able to adjust it without some effort.

• 3 months later...

Any more news on these? I'm looking at getting one of these next to go with the MP7.

Couple of questions, the original mags that are open fronted and curved too much. Did they fix these and release a new version? Or is the fixed version on the 'collector' mags with 30rds, closed fronts? I'd rather have 45 per mag and be able to load them like pistol mags!

Also, where are people getting the restrict or discs? They were mentioned pages ago and can't seem to find them now!

I typed 'fps Restrictor discs' into Google and one hit led to a Facebook page, which had this link on it:-

http://fg-airsoft.com/en/nozzles-and-related/161-barrel-reinforcement-for-ghk-pdw-.html

Also, milspec solutions did have some in, but not sure if they still do (fg also have videos on youtube for installation).

Review thread here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/212512-we-mp5k-apache-initial-impressions/

Magazine comparison video: 

Open front magazines have been re-made with proper curvature: http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=90_478_508&products_id=21783

No remake on closed-front most likely because they are most complex in design.

3-pack restrictor disc kit: http://fg-airsoft.com/en/nozzles-and-related/163-barrel-reinforcement-for-ghk-pdw-.html

Archived