BTC V2 Spectre FET First Impressions

No idea.

Well, this installed pretty easily. No problems with the cable routing, it came with a deans connector, but I have resoldered to an EC3 to match the rest of mine.

Functionally it's identical to the Chimera, at least as far as I'm able to tell. Performance with a 7.2v lipo is fantastic, I'm running an mp5 with a 2600mah in the front handguard. Can't see any reason why you'd want to put an 11.1 in there, it's instantaneous as it is.

Now to put the "old" Chimera into my G3 and it's all good. :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has anyone used one with the ASCHU (gesundheit) yet? I want PTW features without a PTW

eWell it has been a long wait. I had the Spectre some time ago for testing but life had its own plan and really did not have the time. Now I managed to get some free time and the first thing on my lis

Airlab ( probably the fastest shipping and one of the best internals suppliers) in the UK will have the Spectres in stock in 2 weeks time. Id go for one of them   http://www.air-lab.co.uk/products/

You might want to hold off on that. I got a PM saying they weren't suitable for G3's as the fire selection cam will rip the sensor switches off the back of the trigger board.

Having looked at it, this does seem to be the case. It may be possible to shave a fraction off the cam to make it work. I'm going to have a better look at it today, I'll see if I can get some pictures.

Here's a (slightly large) image to give you an idea of where the problem lies.

spectre-g3-problems-fa.jpg

As you may or may not be able to see, my selector cam has actually worn away slightly on the underside, which seems to give it just enough clearance. That said, my fire selector is wrecked anyway, so I may see if it's possible to fit a different trigger/switch somehow.

No problem. And also thanks to BTC for PMing me about this potential issue with the G3's. :)

I'm happy to report my G3 was working fine with the Chimera (the Spectre having gone into the MP5). Briefly. And then I managed to shear one of the data cables. Mnngh. I'd already busted one, so I've just gone and ordered some molex connectors/pins so I can repair it. Cheaper and quicker than buying a replacement cable, once you take US postage etc etc. Of course, the parts will turn up Monday...

Still, have the Spectre MP5 to put through it's paces, I'm thinking semi/hybrid burst for that. Once the G3's fixed it'll be semi, semi-precocked for a DMR I think. Assuming I can find a CA33 front end. And don't break anything else, which frankly is a bit of a long shot... ;)

Edited by Hatchet

Warning - what other pictures did you want/need? You shouldn't need a spare selector plate, you can modify your usual one, it'll still work fine.

Jal - Both the Chimera and Spectre are showing out of stock at the moment, so I'm guessing instructions on this will be up before they're up for sale again.

Darklite - One of the things I like about this setup is that if you wreck the trigger board you can swap it out with a replacement for a relatively small amount ($15). I've already had to do this on my Chimera where I managed to make a mess of things. Still, it's all learning.

Warning - what other pictures did you want/need? You shouldn't need a spare selector plate, you can modify your usual one, it'll still work fine.

Sorry I was overly tired the other night and couldn't make out what you modified, but I've just seen you just need to shave a bit off the selector cam. I might just have to dig out my G3's which I've put away and give it another go.

I've I run into any more issues is it okay to drop you a PM?

Edited by Warning

Another happy weekend game with the BTC Spectre is behind with good results. I have no cons to point out except for maybe one - when I use regular semi and Burst auto hybrid (you tap the trigger, it fires a burst, you hold the trigger and it continues in full auto) then the full auto comes with a small delay after the burst. I wish it was instant, but is is not.

Can anyone confirm that this is the same on your Spectre?

Can still recommend this product.

It was certainly the same on the Chimera. I guess it's down to personal preference. There were times I felt that it went into auto too quickly when I was trying to do bursts in rapid succession - I guess it depends on how fast you are getting your finger off the trigger.

A lot of it will come down to play style. With the mp5 and locaps, full auto empties it in a couple of seconds, so I doubt I'll have hybrid or auto programmed, but for the G3 (until I can afford the DMR upgrades) with a 500 round on there, full auto could be fun.

Edited by Hatchet

The MkII Chimera for the Version 2 GB gives a hair trigger with no modification at all , and i love this feature dearly ( has transformed the M4 ).

Wondering about getting a specter for the MP5 , but does this give you a  tiny trigger pull/hair trigger as well? thanks!

Edited by northernairsofter

MP5 is a V2 gearbox, and the trigger board used is the same in the spectre/chimera (I believe), so trigger response should be identical. I find it noticeably finer than it was before, but you could probably get a custom adjustable trigger to make it even more so.

MP5 is a V2 gearbox, and the trigger board used is the same in the spectre/chimera (I believe), so trigger response should be identical. I find it noticeably finer than it was before, but you could probably get a custom adjustable trigger to make it even more so.

If the trigger board is the same then i should be onto a winner ! High cycle BTC Spectre'd MP5 is in the pipeline.

Here is a video.

I appreciate it is overly large, mainly pointless and the sound quality leaves something to be desired. It's also not on YouTube or any of that.

It is, however, my first one, and naturally I feel very pleased with myself for managing something trivial. It probably won't stay up there forever, but for now, here it is:

http://www.tea-and-medals.co.uk/BTC.mp4

• Like 1