BTC V2 Spectre FET First Impressions

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has anyone used one with the ASCHU (gesundheit) yet? I want PTW features without a PTW

eWell it has been a long wait. I had the Spectre some time ago for testing but life had its own plan and really did not have the time. Now I managed to get some free time and the first thing on my lis

Airlab ( probably the fastest shipping and one of the best internals suppliers) in the UK will have the Spectres in stock in 2 weeks time. Id go for one of them   http://www.air-lab.co.uk/products/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im a big idiot. working on my gear box tonight and was changing a bushing for the sector gear and i didn't remove the Specter fet before i did it and broke off the cam sensor on the board.  

Im good at soldering and electronics and stuff I was wondering if anyone new where to find this part to fix the bored.  I have messaged Black Talon Concepts 

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: BTC was super fast answering my email and is even repairing it free! The part number for the switch is ESE-31R11T for anyone else that accidentally makes the same mistake. I can't thank BTC enough what a great company 

Edited by LanePratt
  • Like 1

Any sign of these appearing in stock anywhere? Really want one, despite my wallet crying for me not to buy one.

http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/697/s/blacktalon-concepts-spectre-fet-for-v2-gearbox/

Yep - just in today at the slightly eye watering price of £119.99

Many thanks to Black Talon Concepts for fixing my spectre!!!! I accidently damaged the small wires when working the gearbox... First plan was to replace them and solder them myself without thinking about possible damage from heat to the electronics. Luckily BTC warned me in time and offered to replace and solder them for me ...free of charge. Got it returned to me in less then 3 days...;)

It really amazes me, ...such an exceptional service is hard to find these days! Guess its one way to make a loyal customer for years to come ;)

Thanks again!!!!

• Like 1

Skirmished by BTC Spectre'd SCAR for the first time at one of my favourite CQB sites, yesterday.

Wow - what a transformation. Just to give a bit of context on my post, this was the previous set up for the gearbox of my G&G SCAR L AEG.

SHS 13:1 Gears

G&G Strong Motor (High Torque)

AirFet mosfet

7.4v 2200mah 35c battery

All the standard fuse, wiring and electrical gubbins (including the sliding pin connectors in the stock)

Deans connectors

Trigger response was "Good" in the most plain terms. Much better than stock, but overall performance felt lacking. It didn't have the snap of the various TM Recoil Shock guns I've used for instance. ROF was fairly fast but nothing that would make it stand out at a skirmish day. Noticeably slower than a Marui High Cylce for instance (which would put it below 25 rps, and my guess it was probably below 20 rps or even lower). 

After the Spectre, the AirFet, fuse and sliding pin connectors in the stock were removed. Everything else gearbox and electrical wise (apart from the obvious changes for the installation of the Spectre) -- wow.Trigger response is amazing with the Pre-cocking enabled. You cannot hear the motor wind up, just the snap of a shot being kicked out - no matter how fast the trigger is pulled it just keeps shooting. It gives tremendous confidence to the player and more so than any other rifle I owned, it feels like a dependable friend who only wants to help you get what you want.

3 shot burst hybrid is crisp and finally has a distinctive sound that people begin to associate with a gun that is a cut above the rest-- and when full auto kicks in, my god! To describe it was MG42 like is unfair to the legendary MG - but it sure is addictive. 

Overall, the high price of the Spectre is offset by the complete (and in my opinion, magical) transformation of the gun it is being installed into. I didn't handle the installation myself but did entrust it to a friendly tech, so your YMMV. Either way, my experience of the Spectre is overwhelmingly positive!

• Like 1

Installed my spectre and with the factory settings, it resets to an almost completely precocked position with factory setting. Anyone who can help me? I want the piston to be in a fully forward position. Also the grip gets quite hot very fast.

Edited by SEAL6_95

What battery/spring/gears/motor combo are you using? Probably strong motor and 11.1V battery. In  that case this is normal. You have to start using Active breaking. That will in turn make more heat and strain certain components.

I've found that good, proper shimming is crucial with the Spectre to ensure that the cycle detection works properly. Also note that FETs do not increase motor heat when braking is disabled so that's another sign shimming was the problem.

From what I've been able to observe, the spectres do indeed come with only one of the small red wire now. They bridged the solder points of the original two wires with a metal bar so only one wire is needed. Makes for much easier fitment in gearboxes :D

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got mine up and running! I was originally having the same issue as you Seal where the piston wouldn't fully go forward after firing but reshimming and setting a low motor brake helped. However, the tappet plate and nozzle seem to be stuck in the cocked position after firing...in both single and auto. Is this normal? Anyone else have that issue?

Finally got mine up and running! I was originally having the same issue as you Seal where the piston wouldn't fully go forward after firing but reshimming and setting a low motor brake helped. However, the tappet plate and nozzle seem to be stuck in the cocked position after firing...in both single and auto. Is this normal? Anyone else have that issue?

It should be normal. That sector gear catches tapet plate before the piston. It is very hard to stop the motor exactly after the shot is fired and before in catches tapet plate again. You can experiment with different active braking limits, but I don´t really see the point.