Grey Gear & Loadouts

Grey:  Officially the blandest and most boring, drab, depressing colour in the universe.  But then the internet told me it was tacticool, so now I frikkin love it.

Got quite lucky on obtaining a couple of bits.  Arc'teryx Talos Halfshell in the older style they're phasing out (which is far superior in the majority of design aspects IMHO), also in skinny-*bramston pickle* size that isn't commonly stocked at most places.  Plus a TAD Gear Stealth Hoodie from before they moved their manufacturing outside the US and changed to a heavier weight, less breathable material (cheers @uscmCorps).

IMG_1622_zpsb43fa52c.jpg76b6f6ae-582f-4e1d-a97c-5c7f30b6b114_zps

Because I'm strangely addicted to taking pictures of things seriously bloody close up.

IMG_1641_zps5144fc3a.jpg

IMG_1617_zps00fb69be.jpg

Just need to give the Talos a good iron now...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grey:  Officially the blandest and most boring, drab, depressing colour in the universe.  But then the internet told me it was tacticool, so now I frikkin love it.

That sentence pretty much sums up why I'm an Airsofter. 

On a serious note though, grey would be a good colour for the Sandpit; I might give a cheap grey fleece a go on top of my ATACS AU stuff next time I'm there...

They had a shedload of people walking about with mishmash uniform- grey fleece with some eastern camo trousers...

Sounds good to me, with some 58 webbing (as by then it would be everywhere) and a few other bits I am sure I could pull this off. New loadout away!!!!!

However what Eastern European trousers to go with.

'FireKnife'

Ive been looking at Grey kit for a while but i'd quite like a grey vest as well, but I haven't found anything yet.  I was considering perhaps something in kryptek Typhon would make a nice contrast? Having said that I think the CB/tan/khaki looks pretty good with the wolf/grey kit.

Something I was planning on mentioning (which has been handily highlighted already) is that even if it is the tactiflavour of the month, the handy thing with grey is you can get quite easily get good clothing in the colour.  Stuff that's practical for airsoft usage, commonly available and doesn't require shelling out a fortune.

For example, my parents do a lot of camping/cycling/scenic walking so they've spent a lot of cash in Millets and the like over the years and they pointed out this this site to me.  Picked up a couple of bits for not much money that I'm expecting should serve me quite well when they turn up.  Many brands that I've purchased & used before in work and airsoft originate from the camping/hiking arena and their civilian line equipment is generally much cheaper than their tactical line, just doesn't come in Coyote or Multicam (which in this instance doesn't matter).  Karrimor, Outdoor Research, Craghoppers, Salomon etc to name a few that are worth looking at.  OR do a really nice looking long sleeve shirt in grey that's designed for wicking and would be quite handy for a UBACS I'd think; plus it's nearly £140 less than the Arc'Teryx.  Highly recommend to anyone interested that they investigate that avenue, because there aren't that many tactical gear manufacturers producing grey apparel right now.

Hmm, interesting. I've got nothing to share, except an interest of the new Magpul gray furniture and  Arc'teryx Wolf clothing :).
Reviews would be nice as well *hint* ;)

I'm hoping they'll drop FG  from their and replace it with grey on a permanent basis rather than the limited edition run.  Might be a tad too much to hope for you never know.

Probably not much point reviewing the TAD jacket since the on they make now is very different and the Talos is just the same as the Multicam version of the same design which I know has been reviewed many a time by people far more knowledgeable than me, heh.

I would commit mass murder for a set of Crye Gen3's in Grey. 

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Arc'Teryx trouser design personally and the only other BDUs I've seen in grey were a very basic cut from Propper that don't seem to be sold this side of the pond.  A set in the Crye cut would be very nice.

Ive been looking at Grey kit for a while but i'd quite like a grey vest as well, but I haven't found anything yet.  I was considering perhaps something in kryptek Typhon would make a nice contrast? Having said that I think the CB/tan/khaki looks pretty good with the wolf/grey kit.

Not a fan of Typhon personally, given the context I'd look at Raid before that.  Sadly nobody seems to be making anything in Raid, but I think it's just a matter of time.

Emdom, Blue Force Gear and HSGI are all producing kit in grey now, so there's a fair range of choice beginning to emerge.

I've just had another look and I think you're right Typhon would be too dark Raid would probably suit grey better. I don't get kryptec I'd love some of their stuff but the products seem pretty limited, I keep seeing on farcebook they're doing car seat covers and massive sheets you can cover your car in!! I say enough already do us some plate carriers!!!

Edited by Pdubyuh

I've just had another look and I think you're right Typhon would be too dark Raid would probably suit grey better. I don't get kryptec I'd love some of their stuff but the products seem pretty limited, I keep seeing on farcebook they're doing car seat covers and massive sheets you can cover your car in!! I say enough already do us some plate carriers!!!

I've been thinking that myself quite a lot the last month or so.  The fabric is clearly there so I've no idea why there's such a shortage of clothing in the patterns.  I mean it's probably easier to make a car seat cover yeah, but given the demand it's weird that more companies aren't putting factory time in to the stuff.  You can get PCs relatively easily though, Mayflower carry a pretty substantial range of their rigs in Kryptek patterns.

LBT have their MAS Grey line of kit too.

I knew I was missing something.  Very true, good catch.

There is always the Mass grey option but it still looks a little green in pics and I've not been lucky enough to see it in the flesh so it could be an option but there's none left on the LBT web site so it'd have to be an eBay job ( they do have a few pouches on sale though). I have been looking at Mayflower but either in MC or Digi desert for my more everyday load outs if I had the £££ I'd get one in each and they also don't have any in the raid pattern yet anyway!

I fell in love with this stuff when it first came out, this is their Drac range which can only be worn in winter time as its quite thick.

Expecting any day now the Talos trousers and top for warmer gaming.

Also incoming is the BFG's PLATEminus and some Ten Speed pouches for M4 all in their Wolf Grey range.

I just need BFG to release their Ten Speed pouches for the MP7 in Wolf Grey :wub: 

7ofl.jpg  

Damn you damn you all to wolf grey hell!! : P : )))) Very nice, very nice indeed I've found a source for the Talos in grey and its quite a lot less than normal price but its the nephews 2nd birthday this weekend and I need to eat and I'd like some pmags for TM recoil and a short dot replica and mount and I need to get into work, damn all the things that dip into my airsoft funds a new Gucci loadout isnt going to help!!!

Edit: BFG of course I just checked their web site and guess what the front pages says "urban wolf now available"

Edited by Pdubyuh