Grey Gear & Loadouts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know my options for a grey RAID BDU top? I've had a look but can't see anything off the shelf.  Am a looking at a custom job? Not necessarily looking for RAID specifically but it seems like a good route to take, pockets on the arms as front will be blocked by PC.  Something relatively light weight that I can roll the sleeves on. 

Yeah there's a fair few US retailers who like to just chuck out a random number for P&P as a minimum regardless of what you order, a number I can only presume they pull straight out a rancid animals' *albartroth*.  If an average american person sent one of those to you it'd cost a fraction of that.

Propper do 'gray' BDU shirts as well and a couple of well known places here stock their stuff.  UK Tac and Land Warrior just as examples, they might be able to order one in.

Yeah.  See that a lot.  Just trying to put you off so they don't have to deal with 'hassle' posting abroad, despite there not actually being any a lot of the time, especially for BDUs.

Will check those places out too.  Cheers.

I really like the look of grey kit... Unfortunately as a woodland player it has very little use for me :(

Just thought I'd mention though.... The new A TACS LE is a lovely mix of greys. Originally it looked like blues and greys - but they've just put a photo up on FB, and it doesn't look blue at all (sorry, on my phone so can't post a pic).

I was going to pick up some Kryptec Typhon, for the pose factor - but LE may have just pipped it :D.

I'll probably start sounding like a broken record on this one, but IMHO ATACS-LE and Typhon are far too black to really go along with the Wolf/Urban grey kit that's been popping up.  Kryptek Raid, now that's what you want for a grey loadout, but all the retailers/mfgs seem to have done the standard OD/Tan/Black product combo and gone with Mandrake, Highlander and Typhon.

I'll probably start sounding like a broken record on this one, but IMHO ATACS-LE and Typhon are far too black to really go along with the Wolf/Urban grey kit that's been popping up. Kryptek Raid, now that's what you want for a grey loadout, but all the retailers/mfgs seem to have done the standard OD/Tan/Black product combo and gone with Mandrake, Highlander and Typhon.

And to be fair... You're right! :P I hadn't seen Raid available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...