Grey Gear & Loadouts

I finaly broke and ordered http://lbxtactical.com/collections/assaulter-uniform/products/glacier-grey-uniform a set of this, i'll pop a quick review if anyone is interested.  Does anyone know of a grey plate carrier that I can pick up for an ACM price ? all the ones i've found tend to be RS and what with all my other airsoft and real life expenses getting in the way I cant really splash out £300 on a plate minus as much as i'd love to !

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say under £100 but as cheap as possible really I was hoping for TMC or one of the other Chinese gear makers to have jumped on the "new black" bandwagon and started copying stuff in grey.  I did look at the 5.11 Tactical TacTec Plate Carrier in Storm Grey its $185 which is about £105 ish but if the gits in customs catch it i'm sure the price will go up! maybe time to contact ones friendsin the US lol

Well The LBX Glacier Grey Uniform has just arrived and from the quick look and try on (thank god everyone in my office knows my crazy foibles!) its a really nice set quailty looks great sizing is generous so win win so far!

Ebairsoft have that in stock as well. But with different pouches it seems..

http://www.ebairsoft.com/combat-gear-vest-c-62_27.html

They also have the same one, but a bit more expensive. Though no postage fees so it's swings and roundabouts. With the same pictures as bunny interestingly.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/skirmich-jumper-plate-carrier-p-6323.html

As a side note when you look at the pictures of the rig on a mannequin with a OD green jacket on you can see it's not too grey unfortunately. 

Edited by DeltaZero

Yeah it varies from picture to picture just how grey the FG looks I'm sure if you put it on with a grey top underneath it'd look more Grey, but its my Birthday next month so if i wait till payday at the end of the month and make subtle suggestions to the missus who knows what I could wrangle lol

Haha good call. You're probably right it will reflect what its next to I would imagine. Considering picking one up for myself. I need a new light weight rig would do the job and be cheap! Though the BFG PlateMinus 1 is staring at me begging me to purchase! 

Edited by DeltaZero

Yeah i know what you mean I do keep looking at them,... and the grey Naga hoodies!  I'm a bit anal when it comes to guns matching loadouts, so to break the mold i've ordered an Scorpion evo so i though i'd do a bit of a grey/urban/scifi style loadout to go with it as it doesnt really have a strict loadout to go with it like a MK18 and SEALs etc

Put this here then seeing as we're talking about it.

14557738891_a89bf7e21e_z.jpg

Wouldn't ever skirmish in it but larding about in the SZ looking like a poser is my main concern.

Also got the Atom LT Hoody in 'Tungsten' a little while back, which isn't a LEAF thing but there's basically no colour difference from Wolf and I needed outer garments without arm velcro.  That thing is toasty as *fruitcage*, much like the MSM RAW hoody it defies physics quite frankly.

• 1 month later...

Do you want hard knee pads like crye trousers or will soft inserts do? if soft inserts will do I would recomend the LBX glacier grey kit I got the full set and its really nice, http://lbxtactical.com/collections/assaulter-uniform/products/glacier-grey-uniform or http://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Products/%22LBX%20Assaulter%20Pants%20GG%22 if you want UK.

Only potential issue I see with this idea will depend on what your day-to-day is.  Most tactical gear is made from thin fabrics which really aren't hugely tough in the grand scheme of things, there's an emphasis on range of movement and minimal weight rather than longevity.  Airsofters often just see a high price tag and assume any given piece of apparel must be invincible, fact is a cheap pair of jeans will out last a set of Crye G3 combats.

My issue coveralls these days are grey but I wouldn't dream of wearing LBX/Arc'teryx in their place because even being made of a quite resilient denim they end up full of holes/rips, fading out where they've worn thin and covered in paint/grease etc.  I'd imagine some of the options out there aimed at builders and the like would be better for work then you'll have something like the LBX still in good condition for airsofting, or for a lot less money (but less tactical) get the Craghoppers in grey.  As I say though all depends on the exact job at hand.

Edited by CKinnerley