Grey Gear & Loadouts

If you want an insulating layer thats warm but can go under a PC have you thought about the Naga I used mine for a freezing night game with just a compression tshirt underneath and I was just right everyone else had loads of layers inc thermals and they were putting stuff on and taking it off as the game pace changed and they got too hot while being active but were then getting cold when they weren't.  The stupid "condom" hood as everyone called it worked a treat under my helmet I was just right temp wise and the hood really helped.  I know its not a proper jacket but they're really warm and with a wind/soft shell over the top they work down to really cold temps.

Edited by Pdubyuh
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to the Naga. Been using mine in some pretty chilly weather with just a heat shirt and its been perfect for the job. That said, as soon as it starts getting warmer, it'll be too much for skirmishing in though. As stupid as the hood looks, it seems to serve its purpose brilliantly.

Very expensive for a essentially a hoodie with one small chest pocket, but its a go to layer in the winter for me.

Would a Naga be too warm for quick indoor airsof? 

Got almost everything I need except for a top and trousers ( which will be practical grey work-jeans, I think )

I'm ultimately looking for a comfortable grey hoody that breathes very well to fight fogging of my goggles, keeps me ok-warm when not sprinting around AND... and velcro for my team-colouration patches.

I could modify the Naga or go without the hood and select a Drac but em... I think they are too warm. 

Don't think LBX offer completely what I need :$

Personally, I'd never wear a Naga to skirmish given how effective the material in the main body is for heat retention, but I perhaps run at a generally hotter level than some.  Either that or I just have an unusually high aversion to swimming in my own sweat compared to most as I always see a couple of people every game that are wearing insulated softshells or hoodies.  I never wear more than a combat shirt even outdoors in winter, but end of the day the deciding factor is your rig.  A PC retains more heat than just about any jacket ever would, whereas if you're just using a belt then obviously that's not going to hold any heat against the body.

My preference is always to be a bit chilly during the inactive parts, safety/game brief etc so I can then be as comfortable as possible when I've been running around for half an hour with gun + gear etc.  So if your body 'runs cold' and it's often particularly cold inside the place you're playing then the Naga might work, obviously no sleeve velcro on it though as you say.  The Drac is definitely much thinner than the Naga though, especially in the torso and it has the velcro.  I've not skirmished my Drac to really test how it does but just trying them on it's clear it won't hold as much heat in the core and it does have lots of zips you can open up for ventilation.

Yeah the NAGA is WARM as I said I used it at a night game where it was cold and you get more creeping and No running (H&S) so yeah it probably would be too hot under a full PC for a normal skirmish.  However WARM they are they will always be very cool  B)

Edited by Pdubyuh
  • 4 months later...

Even Helikon are venturing into grey kit now, did you guys see the pics of the UK police in Gucci Arcteryx http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3143410/Police-stage-mock-Tunisia-style-marauding-gun-attack-streets-London-biggest-counter-terror-exercise-prepare-atrocity-British-soil.html makes me want some Talos in Grey!

Even Helikon are venturing into grey kit now, did you guys see the pics of the UK police in Gucci Arcteryx http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3143410/Police-stage-mock-Tunisia-style-marauding-gun-attack-streets-London-biggest-counter-terror-exercise-prepare-atrocity-British-soil.html makes me want some Talos in Grey!

Old news http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/4891001/Weve-SWAT-what-it-takes.html

Despite what the article says that is a met officer. If you want any Talos stuff you better be quick because its discontinued.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah the new assault pants are pretty close and i'm sure they'll be in stock for a while (unless we get a slew of people wanting to do SO19 now they're all Gucci) I've got the LBX set in glacier grey its lovely bombproof kit but I have 2 minor issues 1) no back pocket I just cant get used to not having my wallet in my back pocket, it throws me and 2) the material is very thick so you can run a bit warm, great for the durability but no so good if you run hot like i do.

Yeah the new assault pants are pretty close and i'm sure they'll be in stock for a while (unless we get a slew of people wanting to do SO19 now they're all Gucci) I've got the LBX set in glacier grey its lovely bombproof kit but I have 2 minor issues 1) no back pocket I just cant get used to not having my wallet in my back pocket, it throws me and 2) the material is very thick so you can run a bit warm, great for the durability but no so good if you sweat like a paedophile in mothercare like i do.

Fixed that for you good buddy. ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

MilSpec Monkey has a test where you can see the difference between all sorts of grey hue's and shades.

Quite impressive.

https://www.milspecmonkey.com/index.php/articles-page/63-articles/454-a-real-urban-grey

https://www.milspecmonkey.com/index.php/articles-page/63-articles/455-a-real-urban-grey-part-2

I also noticed that Arc'teryx does indeed NOT blend in well with an urban environment and is even less suitable for general airsoft CQB.

Way to blue / light. I misunderstood that part in the past. It's meant to blend in the masses. Not against urban structures per sé.

People in Flat Dark Earth / Coyote Brown and Ranger Green blend in better since CB is almost untreated wood like and RG blend well in the shadows and performs generally as well as CB.

ANYWAY. My 2c in why I feel misguided with my Arc'teryx / BFG purchases ^^.

Gearsnob that I am, I'll be going for RAL7013/Brown Grey and RangerGreen / Grey Green now ^^

Ahwell.

Yeah I'd also say the best solid colours for camo effect are things like the UF-Pro brown/green, ranger green etc; at least to my eyes they just seem to change a lot and you can never quite make up your mind what colour they really are.  I've got PCU Level 5 (softshell) stuff that's called 'Alpha Grey' and generally looks light grey but will turn a sort of light green or CB entirely depending on where you are and the light conditions.

I still think Wolf and its' derivatives are good in the sense of being ideal for use in the dark vs solid black and will stick out less than any wood/transitional/arid camo when you're playing an indoor site.

• 10 months later...