Grey Gear & Loadouts

This is HSGI's Urban Grey range:

Sure Grip padded belt

2 x X2R/P TACO

One Single TACO (used as radio pouch)

Soft TACO for water bottle

Mag Net

Holster is an Off The Grid Concepts MKii in Grey mounted on a G-Code Belt Slide.

Very happy with this holster, best one I have ever used.

Not sure if HSGI sent me the wrong colours for the soft TACO and the Mag Net as they're definitely more FG than grey.

mi14.jpg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, plenty of kit to keep you going on there.  Shame about the slight colouration issues, though I've got a couple of old bits of RG kit knocking around here from years ago and it is at least very close.  I remember always thinking at the time that the stuff just looked grey, ha.

Nice to see the mag-net has the stiffened opening as well, I was unsure on that one which was putting me off before now.

Well, it gives options: I have a Camelbak Delta5 in FG which I usually use in combination of RG pouches, but I could just as well swap them with Wolf grey and make an urban loadout with it.

Problem is: it isn't perfect with either... :( Shame there's no Delta 5 in Vegetato, Penncot or just a decent RG.

Saving up on Arc'teryx LEAF clothing in WolfGrey... around €200 per piece of clothing!

I feel quite confident that UR-Tac will have a line of apparel in grey fairly soon.

They released their 'nimble shorts' in Kryptek Mandrake shortly before unveiling their 3D Battles in Mandrake and Highlander and they've already got said shorts stocked in grey.

IMO, they're really ideal for airsoft.  I don't love every single thing they do and it's not for everyone, but you can get the features of much more expensive gear for a far lower price tag and not have to play the "will this ACM stitching hold up for ages or fall apart first skirmish?" game.  They do very well at keeping up with current trends for a company that's not really within the US RS/Tactical bubble.  Not constantly lagging a year or two behind as most seem to.

Shipping tends to be pretty reasonable and they do a great good job on packaging and some... 'creative' ways to fill in customs declarations.  I did stumble upon their EU distributor once but (what a surprise!) they've got sweet FA in stock and it works out more expensive.

Can I just ask why grey is so tactical now? I mean, I've heard of SEALs using Mass Grey, but for VBSS, on a ship, which are usually some shade of grey, so that makes sense. Is it just for CQB? Or is it supposed to blend in to a lot of environments? Because as far as I know, the only grey camo that's really been used was ACU, and we all know what a cluster*fruitcage* that was.

titchikov: My unit had a couple Austrian alp ranger cadets from their military academy attached to us for a while.
They sported all-gray kit, and were some proper *fruitcage* hard men.

Austrian_Army_High_Alpine_training_3.jpg

And whilst I agree that gray is a far better palette than black, but this "ERMAGERDMAESGERYNSWDEGWRU" *suitcase* is pants-on-head retarded imho.

that and anyone who's had a hard time spotting ramblers decked out in Craghoppers grey clothing can attest to how well dark 'earthy' greys work against a lot of natural backdrops, especially at times of the year when days are shorter and you get a longer half-light at each end of the day.

Not to mention the controversial grey football kits warn by England and Manchester United back in the late 90's... it lost them games as they apparently couldn't see each other on the pitch!

Its probably been mentioned already, but I read that LAPD SWAT have been using grey instead of the more familiar blue or black, as did the crew on Stargate Atlantis :P

that and anyone who's had a hard time spotting ramblers decked out in Craghoppers grey clothing can attest to how well dark 'earthy' greys work against a lot of natural backdrops, especially at times of the year when days are shorter and you get a longer half-light at each end of the day.

Im actually looking for some Craghoppers at the moment for both hiking and airsoft... In their dark grey colour infact!

This is HSGI's Urban Grey range:

Sure Grip padded belt

2 x X2R/P TACO

One Single TACO (used as radio pouch)

Soft TACO for water bottle

Mag Net

Holster is an Off The Grid Concepts MKii in Grey mounted on a G-Code Belt Slide.

Very happy with this holster, best one I have ever used.

Not sure if HSGI sent me the wrong colours for the soft TACO and the Mag Net as they're definitely more FG than grey.

Not hijacking but can you please show me how is the OTG holster mounted?

I'm a Safariland MLS user, thinking if mating an OTG holster onto a MLS fork is possible...

Like Bladerunner, I was smitten at first sight. Practically used the Drac jacket everyday past autumn and winter and fielded the Talos top and bottoms for the first time on Sunday accompanied by the Knee caps and H150 in Wolf.

Just saving up for a second line now and waiting for G-Code to join the party.

20130731_193848_zpsa8f58261.jpg