Grey Gear & Loadouts

You make a very salient point Mr Kinnerley but I would say the LBX is pretty heavy duty nyco, it was that thick I was worried I was going to overheat last time I Marshalled (I didnt but I thought I might !) another thumbs up for Craighoppers here as well I must have quite a few pairs now...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started using Dickies Redhawk trousers for airsoft.

Come in Navy, Black, Olive, Khaki and grey.

Comfortable, soft pad compatible and cheap as chips compared to the 5.11 equivalent.

And I'd take a toughness test against Crye/LBX any day with them. ;)

I've started using Dickies Redhawk trousers for airsoft.

Come in Navy, Black, Olive, Khaki and grey.

Comfortable, soft pad compatible and cheap as chips compared to the 5.11 equivalent.

And I'd take a toughness test against Crye/LBX any day with them. ;)

I always thought these looked pretty tacticool:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/snickers-3212-duratwill-trousers-grey-black-31-w-30-l/89573#

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much, but it's a start...

46c0100fc988f1005cee9c4ea921428b.jpg

I'm thinking of going down a breacher/MOE route with this seeing as grey means urban and that means lots of doors ;)

To do list:

More doodads (strobe, chemlights, breaching gear for the back, tourniquet)

Radio set up, headset and pouch

Belt rig

Helmet (anywhere do a grey ops core?)

Take trousers to the tailor to get them shortened and taken in.

Anything else?

Gloves maybe and boots? For me thats too many rifle magazines on the chest but its down to you how you load up... when I had a chest rig I had 2 mag pouches for my primary and 2 for my pistol on the chest... Sometimes I had extra pistol mag pouches (not all had mags, speed loaders) and either another primary pouch or a drop leg.

That's a tablet with one of those roto cases that are everywhere on eBay.  My nexus lives in one similar, pretty handy actually.

I'd personally specifically avoid widgets etc, especially if the loadout isn't impression.  Just adds weight, cost and things to get snagged; but obviously that's a personal decision about aesthetics.

Ops-Core aren't doing grey last I checked, my plan is go go with FG and then either Raid dip or grey cerakote.

Ops Core did do a MAS GREY uber limited edition for SF units.

One went on Ebay last year, I gave up after it breached $1K :fear2:

I have a FG Ops Core Base Jump and it is more OD than FG.

The Carbon model is a much better representation of the FG that is closer to grey, trying to get my hands one one in the next two weeks.

Thats where Games workshop paint comes in! dont try Russ grey its too blue!  Once I get the colour right I think i might get some new velcro http://www.ops-core.com/product.cfm?Product_ID=37&Category_ID=17& what do you think I recon the green option looks pretty grey to me.  My grey Kit is coming along nicely, so far I have the LBX Kit in Glacier Grey I have plate minus in grey with a triple 10 speed M4 pouch, grey 5.11 cap, Salomon 4D GTX and mechanics fast fit in black grey, i'm playing on sunday so i'll try to get some pics.

Edited by Pdubyuh

I have some grey boots, good shout on the gloves though :) the set up won't be like that long, just slapped them on for the photo.

CK is right, it's an iPad in a flippy case thing, need a new one, it's slowly disintegrating!

I like widgets personally, they look cool, make it more authentic looking in my opinion, and some of them might eventually come in handy... Maybe ;)

And I'll probably get replica ops core and Krylon it anyway tbh, can't afford a real one by a long shot!

Not even sure what gun to run with it, probably be my G36 for now... Am tempted to get a UMP for some reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So Gentlemen, any new product lines we should be aware of producing Wolf Grey clothing?

I'm still looking for a well ventilated hoody/shirt and trouwers with inegrated knee-pads.

Arc'terix would be perfect apart from the £200 price tag.

Nylon is, luckily, well established. ( BFG, HSGI ^^ ).

Not seen anything much crop up lately to be honest.  I found some crye combat cut trousers in grey but they're £180+ so not much saving vs Arc't.  Sounds like you'll wanna check out the LBX apparel, Huey's have the UBACS and trousers; internal knee pads which I'm not a fan of personally (turned me off a purchase) but integrated none-the-less and waaaay cheaper than dead bird.

http://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=28737038&ViewAction=FacetedSearchProducts&SearchString=lbx+grey

Ive got the LBT shooter kit in grey its really nice https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152317702845872&set=t.100001814237444&type=3&theater thats me on the left and its really nice kit, but re the arcteryx kit I would say its worth the £$€ if you can get a set of the drac pants which I think Hueys have in stock in wolf they are awesome I got a pair of them in croc and they are amazing the softshell material is real strong, warm and comfy and water just rolls off, they are by miles the best combat trousers Ive ever bought.

Right!

So after having the HSGI leg panel with quad MP7 pouches on it, I just ordered the BFG Micro chest rig with triple M4 pouch for it and a HSGI dump pouch ( man, they're stiff... keep folding and difficult to access )

I'm playing it safe with these elastic BGF pouches. MP7 pouches are for different pistol mags with the option of inserting extended mags and the M4 pouches should take care of 3x ASG scorpion evo mags apart for the usual M4 mags.

This, because I'm not certain the evo mags will fit BFG's MP7 pouches. I'll let you know if they DO fit.

Also threw in a Arc'teryx BAC cap, which is a little loose, even with small/medium size. My head is not exactly tiny...

Now Arc'teryx frustrates me. I'd like a light combat shirt ( need to be able to tuck in the pants ) with collar ( We like collars in CQB, don't we? ^^ ) AND velcro on the sleeves.

I can get that... for friggin €400 or so. New Talos has everything except the collar. Drac fits nicely except it's well insulated and I'll get hot from doing not much indoors... 

LBX it might be. Or a grey Buff.

I like Wolf, can you tell? ^^

Edited by Lone_Bullet

The new Talos shirt design does suck on a variety of uncivilised body parts.  They must've been huffing too much maple syrup before that design meeting.  I'd give a lot of money for one in the old style in croc.

But anyway, Hueys over here have some of the old cut in Talos shirts in Wolf for more like 170 Euros, so have a look.  I think the LBX shirt is a great option though, I'd have bought one if it weren't for the fact I bought the Talos before LBX entered the market.  Would have the trousers too if only the knee pads were external.  Arktis do some of their other apparel in grey though I've only just placed my first order, waiting on trying them out.