airsoft artillary

osirisorion

The Nerf mortar is harmless, although it's quite terrifying when you hear it go off and have to wait for the whistle to get any idea of where it's going to land.

Still, having used/been on the end of Dave's nerf-launching creations, they're great fun and a brilliant way to break up stalemates.

The whistling nerf ammo sounds awesome, we have a 8mm blank powered mortar that one of our regulars built, it looks and sounds awesome but doesn't fire anything (we use it and the 3 shells as objectives, the 3 shells going off is always a nice way to know if the games been won) but an official good work fella from me!!

UCAP Sandpit has a great mortar. It seems to be an old deactivated ~80mm mortar. You light a TLSFX Thermo-smoke pyro. Drop it down, first charge ignites the smoke, second ignites the main charge, which propels the pyro out. You can easily lob it 100+ metres.

Surely that's turning a deactivated weapon back into a live weapon regardless of projectile and propellant? Then there's the point about launching a pyrotechnic charge....

I too can vouch for Dave's Nerf artillery. It's so effective in the right hands that I got banned from using it because I was too good at commanding it! :(

Getting hit by the Nerfs as they fall is harmless, it hurts no more than getting a light smack from a football and the whistling makes people run for cover!

Unfortunately thanks to the confusing way in which Irish law concerning airsoft is written makes it technically illegal for us to use mortars. Once it has a barrel, and fires a projectile, it must have a muzzle energy of less than 1 joule :(

Occasionally people build some awesome looking stuff, but inevitably it's just another M203 launcher in a shell. The joys of litigation, eh?

Has Anyone tried the Hakkotsu Hades arrow mortar? 

Basically a plastic 70mm mortar that is propelled by water, and is pressurized by a 12 gram co2 capsule.

Redwolf review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1E8-ATt5Ig

I very nearly bought one of these the other day, I think it is extremely cool, if not a bit impractical/ expensive if you lose a missile...Plus having to replace rubber seals every shot could become bothersome if discontinued...

Thoughts?

VERY dangerous, though. I remember when those came out and I was still in Scotland - one tested unit managed to embed a tail fin into a tree. I'd hate to see what happens if it hit someone.

We did add an extra dimension to the mortar this week as we demo fired it for the players and had some decent size battlesim pyro triggered on impact. We also misplaced 2 of the darn things as despite their bright colours they do tend to hide well in long grass.

B->

We did add an extra dimension to the mortar this week as we demo fired it for the players and had some decent size battlesim pyro triggered on impact. We also misplaced 2 of the darn things as despite their bright colours they do tend to hide well in long grass.

B->

Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting the second *fruitcage* off BOOM! Made a nice dirt cloud though!

• 1 month later...

Archived