steampunk revolver

teflon  don

to about 200fps it isn't usable  as it is now and lowering the weight of the hammer to drop the fps isn't really the way to go

if you want to lower the fps you should restrict the flow of gas in the shells

A far better way of reducing the FPS of a revolver is do reduce the gasflow in the firing valve, if you can find another valve that matches and has lower gasflow, or in the gas channel between the valve and the cylander.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys, 

sorry that i fell of the grid for a while.

i'm now studying in Sweden since august and unfortunately i didn't have tools and materials there.so i had to put this project on hold and forfeit the build competition as well

anyway i'm back in Belgium for a few weeks and im back to building airsoft guns

so here is a small update on the project

-i milled the top flat and im building a top rib now ( i'm trying to cast it instead of milling it because it gives me more freedom)

-i bought some bar stock to mill an under lug

-and the new hammer is cast and there is just some final sanding that needs to be done  

PS if there are some guys here from the Göteborg region, let me know we can go airsofting together 

here is where im at at this point, it already looks much better, but im not quite sure what to do with the under lug leave it like it is or mill some holes or something 

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

still have to solder it all together btw what do you guys think is the best solder for aluminium  

any thoughts or remarks ? 

I wouldn't solder it together, I'd glue it with some of those special aluminium adhesives that Lotus and the aerospace industry use - they're tough as hell and they don't mess up the finish, so you could have it all polished and anodized separately, and then put this glue on, clamp it together, bake it in the oven for an hour or whatever, and they'll be stuck like it was forged that way. It would need to be the last step of assembly, though, if you're planning on having it anodized, as I expect the chemicals involved in that process would react badly to contaminants like glue.

The design needs more detail at the moment - milled pockets, slots, holes, something like that - but it's looking promising!

i thought the same thing about those sights but they came out of ruger mk1 and on the mk1 the sight also sit on top of the frame in the mk 1 the rear sight sit even higher in regards to the front sight 

i know glue is probably the smarter choice but as it sits now it looks like the rib and the underlug just sits on top of the barrel and im hoping that adding a weld seam will make everything flow more together for a more professional result 

im not going to anodize it, i was thinking of either giving the barrel and the drum a high gloss polish and duracoating the frame flat black or duracoating everything flat anthracite 

as for milling holes pockets and slots, im going to look at some bowling pin guns for some inspiration 

i was thinking about the finish of the gun i tried every spray paint imaginable and almost nothing guarantees a durable finish, so i decided to go with something like duracoat

i tried to look around a bit on where they sell it but i haven't found a shop that sells it do any of you guys know where you can buy it the cheapest 

or has anyone of you guys tried to make your own duracoat i think its basically a polyurethane resin  with some color pigment and some kind thinner 

also i was think about engraving the barrel 

do you guys know if there are (relative) cheap cnc machines that are designed for small engraving 

here is where im at at this point, it already looks much better, but im not quite sure what to do with the under lug leave it like it is or mill some holes or something

Angle the front a bit maybe? And check how heavy it is. If it's too heavy, start milling holes. ;)

Archived