Newbie, Merseyside

dl295

Hi, I'm just about to try airsoft properly this weekend after several years umming and ahhhing over whether to have a go. Been a re-enactor for several years and decided to try something different. Already been looking at several different weapons and kit, but although I know I'll love the hobby her indoors won't let me buy a single thing until I've been once (tbh I'd have thought anything that got me out of the way for a day would be actively encouraged). 

Dan

Very true you have a lot of choice with both woodland and indoors assuming you drive :P.

Either way I am sure you will find a group of similar players to have a laugh with.

Just follow two simple rules, take your hits and treat everyone as equal without shouting silly orders at them and you will be loved by all :D.

'FireKnife'

Going to delta at skem on Sunday. Got a car so no issues

getting to sites. Was hoping to go to halo mill at some point in the near future. Seen there is a sight at leek that looks like fun, been shooting down there at a range a few times. Already spent a fortune in my head, but realistically not intending to spend a huge amount( spent enough on stuff for reenacting already this year) .

Dan

Halo Mill is good, as is The Manor near Warrington/Runcorn which I have been to a couple of times now, which is also a little easier to drive to from Liverpool.

As others have said the North West has a great deal of choice out there, I would say try and visit a few and dont let anyone encourage you to limit your options to just the one site. Many people I know will only skirmish at the one place, but with so much choice within driving distance its stupid to go to the same site time after time! Same with buying an AEG or whatever, dont worry about buying straight away, you may as well play a few games, ask other players to have a handle of their kit and buy something you think you will be into using. Depending on if you just go to the one site or visit a couple it may take a while to get some form of proof your a skirmisher but most sites offer some sort of membership at a relatively cheap price which will do the trick (including adding you to the infamous UKARA database).

The one you mentioned in Leek will be Anzio Camp, run by First and Only, which a few guys I know have been to a few times and said is good and is one I want to go to, another First and Only site nearby is The Armoury in North Wales which they have also been to and their new one called the Hive in Manchester which is pure indoor which I want to visit (the problems getting in the way of me is branching out is simply money related, our baby is born next month so precious little spare cash now, even less after, but I will play when I can).

Most of all where ever you play I hope you have a great deal of fun :)

Had a fantastic first event, wasn't expecting that many on site, both teams were around 40 players. learnt a lot and heeded the advice given. There is definitely going to be a next time. Now got some essential kit to get for the next time like a vest or chest rig, and a hydration pack.

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by cazboab, July 31, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by cazboab, July 31, 2013 - No reason given

Had a fantastic first event, wasn't expecting that many on site, both teams were around 40 players. learnt a lot and heeded the advice given. There is definitely going to be a next time. Now got some essential kit to get for the next time like a vest or chest rig, and a hydration pack.

Glad you enjoyed it, i have a chest rig for sale if your interested.

Archived