Huge new UK Airsoft Retailer - AirsoftZoneUK

hwagan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that requires a defense is a RIF - An IF can be bought by any 18 year old without a defense, which is what they're getting at. 

The legal term may not be a 'License', but I'd say it's fair to say in casual conversation, UKARA membership, skirmish diary, whatever, could be referred to as a 'License', whether that's the legal wording or not.

Put it this way - AZ are willing to accept a proven defense in writing if it's not a UKARA, which is more than can be said for a lot of retailers. And if we're going to nitpick at legal definitions and website wording, I'm pretty sure I could find a fair few examples on almost any Airsoft retailer's website....

As you say Richard, not many other (if any ) retailers are active enough on forums IMO , could be a way to stand out from the crowd though, might be worth a mention ;)

The issue is mainly time - Obviously the shop is still newly opened, same with the website; So they're running all of that which is rapidly expanding, and the Facebook page as well! I'll make the suggestion though, and I agree - Definitely a good idea assuming they can find the time!

Pas are all on here and other forums and a few others retailers participate as well .

A few other retailers? I'd say there's a difference between having a forum and putting a monthly news post and 'Participating' - PAS I'll gladly admit are better than most, but I'm yet to see a retailer on these boards really actively engage members.

Off the top of my head, related to these boards specifically;

LandWarrior - Once in a blue moon post if ever

PAS - Got a forum, update the news and respond to questions in there, but I haven't seen an awful lot other than that

Fire-Support - Occasional news update, maybe once a couple of months

Wolf Armouries - Nope

ZeroOne - Nope

JD Airsoft - I don't recall seeing posts from them recently but I know they have/have had a minor presence here

Airsoft Armoury - Nothing I've seen lately if at all

AirsoftWorld - Very rarely

The point I'm getting at is generally, retailers tend to have their own Forums or Facebook page, and thus are either inactive or not very active on here, usually due to running the aforementioned as well as the store and potentially Skirmish sites. 

Those are the major ones I can think of anyway. I'm not trying to knock any of the above retailers at all, and AZ themselves obviously haven't managed to get active on here yet either. 

Still, as I've said, if anyone's got specific questions I haven't already answered I can put them to the guys and respond within 48 hours usually, which is at least something right? :P

Aod , griff , Ben all give input from pas . But being a very busy retailers ( as anyone who visits them will realise ) time is limited , all of them are skirmishers and active in the Airsoft community so they do as well as you could possibly expect. They don't sit on their laurels as such ,,

Off the top of my head, related to these boards specifically;

LandWarrior - Once in a blue moon post if ever

PAS - Got a forum, update the news and respond to questions in there, but I haven't seen an awful lot other than that

Fire-Support - Occasional news update, maybe once a couple of months

Wolf Armouries - Nope

ZeroOne - Nope

JD Airsoft - I don't recall seeing posts from them recently but I know they have/have had a minor presence here

Airsoft Armoury - Nothing I've seen lately if at all

AirsoftWorld - Very rarely :P

Well Zero one I think know that if they posted anywhere aside from their own forum where their word is law, they'd get absolutely destroyed.

My point wasn't to have a dig at what retailers already do, that's great, my point was as a new retailer, to take it up a notch, perfect target audience, but I guess Facebook covers that already.

Just a suggestion was all, the more ingrained into a community you get, the better business becomes, personal reviews and opinions goes a long way here, so from a respected retailer, and gun techs with a lot of knowledge, I don't think it'd hurt at all, that is if time permits of course.

Just an opinion, nothing else.

I disagree because if the shops start posting on the forums all the input will be biased towards the stock they are trying to sell , and you won't get a retailers tech slating a gun they have just got 50 in stock to sell to the public .

The only time I have seen comments from shop techs is when total disinformation is given out by unknowlegable individuals . Who may or may not have a vested interest in a particular product .

The real airsofting enthusiasts be they shop staff or not do post regularly on this site as well as a few shop techs. .,they do this for their own reasons not because they are paid to .

Working for a retailer myself (not one mentioned) I have my personal account that I have had for years and also my work account which is for giving updates and answering questions .

The reason I use my personal one more is because I have personal opinions and as anyone that knows me will agree ,I will happily recommend other retailers or products we do not sell. I will also give the painful truth when it comes to products we do sell whether i'm on my account or the work account .

I'm an airsofter first and a retailer second and that is why I tend to keep my personal account separate so it might be the same for other retailers too

Yeah, as much as I like PAS, and I really do, Baz, feel free to scream their praises elsewhere please, it's gotten somewhat old now... Try ZeroIn, just for laughs ;)

Anyhow - Gist is, AZ guys are currently too busy for the Arnie's boards. I've made the suggestion to them and they've basically said the same thing - They'd like to, but they're exceptionally busy at the moment what with the recent opening and everything else going on. That might change in the future of course, but at the moment I'm about the closest thing to it!

What I do feel quite glad of, is that the airsoft market in the UK is large, established and consistent enough to support a pretty big new retailer like this along with the likes of PAS also coming along fairly recently (compared to FS and LWA).  I know a couple of lesser known stores have come and gone in the last year or two which is a shame, but then they didn't really seem to do anything much to get their names out there.  One or two people on here very occasionally mentioning a place only for me to have a look at their site and find hardly anything in stock does not a flourishing business make.

What I do feel quite glad of, is that the airsoft market in the UK is large, established and consistent enough to support a pretty big new retailer like this along with the likes of PAS also coming along fairly recently (compared to FS and LWA).  I know a couple of lesser known stores have come and gone in the last year or two which is a shame, but then they didn't really seem to do anything much to get their names out there.  One or two people on here very occasionally mentioning a place only for me to have a look at their site and find hardly anything in stock does not a flourishing business make.

Same here - It's definitely nice to see the sport is growing enough to support another big place. Saying that, there are huge gaps in the market still - I mean, try and find an SF556 flash-hider in the UK, in stock. It's not far from impossible. All the high speed gucci junk we all love is so hard to obtain in the UK, and I just don't see the reason for it. It's something I'm trying to nudge AZ into doing as well, I really don't want to have to go to HK stores every single time I see Costa post a Facebook update. 

agree with CKinnerley above, I'm happy the market has room for another retailer, more choice is always good.

reference airsoftzoneuk, I placed an order with them yesterday morning and received it this morning, can't say much bad about them so far!

Success! I believe that's actually the first bit of first hand positive feedback on this thread so far, so it's nice to see they're meeting expectations so far.

Been there done it and got the t shirt already and the ban .. Lol

Tempted to do the same for AZ on there, but alas, I have too much second hand junk I need sold! :P

Just set up a second account and then have fun , especialy when you start talking about stock / tech they don't stock or have access to . They will hunt you down !! Communist Airsoft retailers at their most defensive . Was going to get some z one banned patches made up, I reckon they would sell well and give everyone a laugh when they turn up on everyone's kit at ground zero ..

Archived