Cerakote finish to replicate RS Glock GEN3?

NonEx

OK so with my Stark/VFC Glock 19 I have ended up with a spare slide and outer barrel. Since I like the gun alot I figured I might as well try and give it the royal treatment of having this spare set Cerakoted by RifleCraft (UK).

I want to get as close as possible to the "old style" Glock GEN3 finish, which is the very dark black but semi-glossy (found it described as teflon) finish.

So, not after the "new" Glock finish which is more greyish.

Does anyone know what type of Cerakote paint and possible clear coats would give this finish ?

I'm thinking the Armorers black color and then a semi-gloss clear coat on top would do it ?

Thanks!

Alright, screw the clear coat then.

I will try to look at reference pics of both Armorers black and Graphite black and then decide from there.

Thanks!

EDIT: Had a quick look around and Graphite black does indeed look better... Wondering though if the barrel and slide should be the same or if the barrel should be offset a little from the slide color ? :o

Just realized there was an extensive gallery at the Cerakote website, however not many choose to go for the factory look color, but there was some good reference still;

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/gallery/#gallery_name

Pretty sure I am set on the graphite. :D

Their "teflon" finish is essentially the same as S&W's "melonite" finish, and similar to other hard wearing finishes. It's pretty hard to duplicate exactly in a paint. Most people I know simply go with Cerakote Graphite Black.

Here's a pic I took a while back showing how Armor Black and Graphite Black compares :

cerakoteandlarue.jpg

Another color you may want to check out is Cerakote "Cobalt" (H-112Q) which may also be a close choice to Teflon/Melonite.

Looks like you know your Cerakote stuff uscmCorps. I asked the question to Cerakote directly and they too recommend the Graphite Black. Guess I have my final answer then!

Thanks!

I will be sure to post pics of when I have had it done :D

Another vote for graphite black and I can heartily recommend the work that Mark does at Riflecraft. I have had four guns done there and team mates have easily had another 8 or so.

As to peeps in the US doing it Joint force enterprises are very proficient and prolific on facebook with cerakote and water transfer. i almost sent some stuff to them before riflecraft started in the UK.

If you go on NIC industries website, the makers of cerakote, and look in the galleries you will see loads of designs with links to the shops that created them IIRC.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my stuff back from Rifle craft yesterday, got a G&P magpul receiver and Nova Lapd Swat 2 kit cerakoted graphite black a have to say was blown away. I finished my Magpul M7a1 last night and it so sexy I took it to bed with me (sent the girlfriend to the spare room).Going to send a load of stuff to get cerakoted over the next couple of months,

Alright, I need to get my *suitcase* going and send them over, sounds great.

I have been holding off on the Stark Glock because the spare metal barrel I had was stolen with the frame (long story).

Anyways, had my WE PX4 out yesterday and the controls and barrel on that could also use a new coat.

icolater, can you post some before and after pics perhaps ? Or after at least ? :o

• 4 weeks later...

Archived