What am best cherger for a Li-Po

JamesKACF

Hi guys,

Just getting a new rifle that is coming with two Lipo batteries, I've never used lipos before and so I don't have a charger suitable for them.

So what do you guys own and/or recommend? also do I really need one of those fireproof bags or are they a waste of money?

Thanks

James

I have a charger very similarto this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=7028

Cant be happier with it and one of my best airsoft purchases ever, you will need a power supply though, but you can get one at the same shop or at aliexpress for around 10 bucks 

I have a fireproof bag, never needed it, it doesnt even look cool. 

I use an eclipse LX61B. It does everything from lipos to nicd's, nimh's, life's and lead acid. Balances, charges and cycles batteries. Fully programmable and has reverse polarisation alarm to prevent fire risk. Also comes with various main brand balance boards. I could not recommend it more.

I did have to fabricate a lead to connect the banana outlets to my dean's connectors but that's easy enough. I can't remember now if I had to buy a kettle lead for it or not but if not they cost about £3.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/super-fast-smart-charger-for-aa-aaa-batteries-647.html

As some of the others said, something with "Turnigy" written in big letters on it. Yo don't want to scrimp on this as mischarging a lipo can cause it to burn/catch fire/explode.

Also charging bags are recommended, they're £4 and give you the opportunity to throw your burning lipo out of a window, rather than leaving it in your house where it's not exactly welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using a Vapex LiPo/LiFe charger http://www.vapextech.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_High_Power_Model_Control_Batteries.html

It's reasonably priced, and I've been charging LiPos on it for a while now and my batteries have yet to explode or burn my house down, so I'd say it's an outstanding success.

I've been eyeing up a Kong Power charger on Fire Support that claims to charge both NiMH and LiPo, does anyone have any experience with this?

I use a jp pro multi format charger which I brought in my rc days . 45 quid but this charger can charge anything battery related , has an inbuilt power supply for 240 volt , also comes with every lead you will ever need including 12 18 volt supply input . Can repair and charge nimh , nicad , gel cell , acid cell , lipo , life , life plus , and a whole lot more . I actually used it to charge my car battery last winter , and also to mend my cordless drill battery's . . It also has a link cable for pc use and the capability to use a temperature sensor for charging .

Definatly the best charger I have yet to own . And it has Perkins quality behind it . 10 out of ten .

Archived