Real Steel Upper Receiver (without sear cut) on WE M4?

Clastyclay

You'll have to completely remove the auto sear components - I'm not certain how the WE lowers work, but on real gun AR's, removing the auto sear alone will NOT make the gun permanently semi-auto. You generally need to get additional semi-auto components, specifically the hammer. So you want to make sure you don't accidentally put the selector in full-auto without the auto sear using a full auto hammer (the lower will lock up).

On a side note, Colt never made M16A1 uppers that had no full auto cut outs. What you might have is an SP1 or some civilian upper...Colt proof markings, rear sight markings, etc. are a good way to tell. Some SP1 uppers had the diameter of the front pivot much larger compared to the M16A1 and modern Colt lowers. If I recall correctly, I think majority of the large hole uppers were Sporter II's. Nevertheless, you can mount large hole uppers onto small hole lower, but you will need an off set bushing installed on the front pivot pin.

Archived