Dual feed mech drummag for AR-15 series aeg's

Maekl

This is a project of mine that I've been working on for past a couple of years, and now its finally finished.

The mag holds about 2000 rounds, and winds in just a couple seconds by pressing a button. The mag can feed the first ~500 BB's or so with a single wind non stop with no misfeeds at 65rps. When the wind button is held down the entire mag can be emptied in one go. B)

This is a quote from airsoftmechanics when I first started the project in 2011

I'm not sure if this is going to work, but hopes are high. I have 2 dboys highcaps that I dont need and since they really arent worth selling and I dont feel like throwing them away either, what will I lose?

So, the basic idea is to bring to highcaps together to allow reliable nonstop feeding at even as high as 70+ rps. Todays highcaps can feed reliably up to about 50rps. I'm tired of changing mags after 2 burst when using midcaps. Here's the basic scetch of the system:

prototype.png

(motor on the left, 2 highcaps in the middle looked at from the side. )

Basically if you run system in a 50rps gun, each feed mech runs at 25rps, so the winding lasts double as long as it would at 50rps and bb's bounching away from the feed wheel would be greatly less likely (=less skipping) since its turning much slower. Then if you have a fast enough motor in there you could potentially empty the whole drum in one burst.

Ideas, thoughts?  :)

Here is the first demonstration of the feed mechanism design:

And magazine structure design:

First time I got the thing to feed:

More progress:

High rof testing No.1

At this stage I rebuilt the whole feed mechanism with JG feed units

High rof testing No.2

Finished. Showing the design.

Final demonstration of the capabilities of this system at 65rps

Comments and opinions (both good and bad) appreciated. :D

Archived