Pistol options w/ aluminium slide upgrade route

Krydel

Hey,

I'm a bit of a nightmare with swapping between guns all the time and taking massive losses on sales in order to do so, so i decided now is the time to settle with one gun and plan potential upgrades for it.

What i'm looking for is a pistol with a desirable compromise between these requirements:

*There is an upgrade route where I may get hold of an aircraft grade aluminium slide if and when the slide does actually break (so that it is light enough not to kill the efficiency in freezing cold Britain)

*Will definitely get off one mag of BBs with a single gas fill (i.e. not the 1911)

*The slide won't instantly self destruct on propane

*No decocker, because they all seem to wear out, unless it is proven to be robust. I had a M9a1 and that wore out quite quickly and loved it, but it has since had to go.

*Preferably spare parts aren't too difficult to get hold of should the unthinkable happen

*Underside rail (optional)

*Not a WE (TM fanboy, really, but haven't heard great things of WE)

Very broad question I know, but I'm sure you're all much better at thinking of something than me!

Thanks in advance to anybody who helps out  :D

If you want realism, TM P226 E2:

• Well-proven design of the original P226R, lightly but usefully upgraded. Robust in the extreme, including the decocker.
  • Very large gas reservoir in big double-stack magazines.
  • Railed frame.
  • Absolutely capable of withstanding propane in most British weathers; even in the current heat it shouldn't suffer though if you were feeling generous you could use something with lower vapour pressure (e.g. 134A or equivalent).
  • Aluminium slide/frame kits available from a variety of manufacturers at a variety of price-points.
  • Wide variety of upgrade parts available in lieu of spares (as usual with Marui pistols) including full spring sets (MAG). Since the gun is largely compatible with the original P226R parts guns are also cheap and widely available.

If you don't need realism, TM Hi-Capa (Any):

• Absurdly long-lasting and well-developed design. Can be built to any and all specifications you can imagine because it enjoys by far the biggest aftermarket of any airsoft weapon, period.
  • Said aftermarket includes literally hundreds of slides in different lengths, styles, materials, and colour combinations.
  • Said aftermarket includes replacements for almost every single part of the gun - and I mean every part of the gun - plus, of course, like the P226 parts guns are cheap and widely available.
  • Frames available in a similar variety both factory and aftermarket.
  • Enormous gas reservoir in huge double-stack magazines. Probably the largest gas reservoir in non-extended magazines outside the 5-7, which is too fragile for you; plus, ProWin (makers of arguably the highest-quality magazines available) make Hi-Capa magazines.

Amazing, you absolutely nailed the explanation there! Thank you very much. I shall visit my local shop and hold them both,i have a feeling a hi-capa will be a bit hefty. Good shout on the p226e2 I shall look into it, much appreciated.

Archived