Holster - RTi mount + Plastic TM Railed 1911 Frame..?

TheFull9

This is something I've been trawling the interwebs for for longer than I can remember.  Problem is there are so many custom kydex workshops around these days it's impossible to keep track.

One of my biggest hurdles so far has been a clash of cultures.  Custom kydex work has grown to such a huge extent that there are even a few guys in the UK building some good looking holsters, but of course they're for airsoft (given our firearms laws) and G-Code gear is pretty rare here.  So even though they can work with the proprietary spec of the TM frames, I've not been able to find one who can incorporate an RTi mount, or even SERPA style mounting to allow for attaching the relevant RTi hanger that Edge Works sell.  On the other side of the coin, there's a cornucopia of organisations in the states who can make a pistol holster and many of them are familiar enough with high-end tactical gear to be able to form the appropriate mounting architecture for SERPA/RTi systems; these guys however are rarely familiar with airsoft, let alone such a specific GBB pistol.

I've contacted numerous different people but I'm still yet to make any real progress on getting hold of what I need, so if any of you good folks out there happen to know of a site/retailer/production group that could build the sidearm carrier in question I'd really appreciate a link.

thought about doing it yourself? Kydex is both pretty cheap and pretty easy to work with, might be worth a bash if you get no luck elsewhere?

Considered it, but I've no space in the block to setup the necessary oven.  Might be a possibility at home but I can't exactly ruin my parents' kitchen with kydex fumes and I'd have to buy quite a bit of equipment and practice a lot before I got remotely close to the quality standard that I'd be happy with.  Given the extremely limited time I have away from camp it'd be a bit impractical overall tbh.

Certainly would be nice to have the facility there because it'd work out a lot cheaper in the long run I'd imagine, but the logistics of it for me would just be a bit much.

I believe for most Kydex holsters, you can use a heat gun, bend the holster a bit outwards to allow for the RTI screw holes, then just mount it yourself.

Either that, or go buy the OTG Concepts holsters, they come with RTI hangers preinstalled.

If it comes to it the first option might be what I have to go with.

OTG don't make a holster for the TM 1911s unfortunately (I did ask a few weeks back).   They can accommodate for the RS railed 1911 + lights, but obviously the TM ones are quite a bit different in terms of the dimensions of the rail and they don't have a TM to work from.  I did mention that I could post mine over to use, but they never did reply to that e-mail.

I've been very impressed with my OTG holster, very impressed!

I ordered an MKii with light for a XDm with SF X300U and it fits like a glove, the draw is smoother than a cashmere codpiece  :no2:

I couldn't be bothered to wait 3-4 weeks so I checked the VIP rush box and sure enough, was shipped the next working day.

And they do things in Grey  :wub:

I think all my holsters will be coming from OTG in the near future, they're that good.

Archived