PTS closing down?

coolurjets

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course they didn't work for you, they weren't made by G&G! :P

Or real sword . ! Maybe that is the problem . Lol

On a serious note I tried them in 3 of our g36 guns and had the same problem with each gun . Took out the spring , stretched it that worked for a couple of times and then they go back to default not working mode . Aggravating to say the least ,,, look nice though ...

They don't NEED licensing, it's just those licenses bring products that a certain market share want, and are willing to pay top dollar for.

Awww, please...

I don't deny there is some interest for such a products within airsoft community, but still most of us prefer real firearmps replicas instead of products being supposed to look like one or other.

And there was a lot of talking about RS world opening to airsoft after last Shot Show...

There's no denying that there is currently a very lucrative market for replica firearms, however, there's really only two ways this can play out.

1. Real Steel companies start to embrace airsoft and either get into bed with airsoft manufacturers or start to produce themselves (re: the rumour about Kriss doing in-house stuff).

2. Due to Chinese cloners, and a general disregard for airsoft as a hobby / sport, license agreements will be heavily regulated and locked down so as only a very few control the replicas that are made and therefore the quality to cost ratio (Umarex / Cybergun)....

The only at I can remotely imagine scenario 1, is if real world military and law enforcement embrace airsoft as a standard training tool. That way, RS companies would have a vested interest in making airsoft products, and making them as close to the RS as possible.....however, from a legal /cost perspective would they be made available to airsoft gamers???

We can see scenario 2 happening now, bit by bit. You want a semi accurately traded rifle in any of the major rifle types you need to shop with Umarex or Cybergun, and that's only going to get worse in the future.

So, the only way to avoid those scenarios is if airsoft evolves into more than it currently is and the 'weapon systems' likewise evolve. At the end of the day, you pay your green fee to go to a field and shot people with a 6mm bb's, not to prance around dressed like a navy seal operator or Jack Bauer. Sure people do chose to do this, and there's nothing wrong with it, but if that option is forcibly removed from you, then what? The UK players nearly came a cropper with the VCRA, and live in constant threat, yet another reason to embrace a new 'world order' for airsoft.

In the future it may be a case of change or be changed......your choice.

You pay your green fees to go to a field and engage in the hobby that is 'airsoft', an activity which encompasses an extremely wide/large number of aspects and niches.  Your personal interpretation might be that it's all down to the shooting which is perfectly fine and a view shared by many, but there are plenty of other airsofters in the world who see it from all sorts of different views.

If there's nothing wrong with people building up accurate fictional loadouts or doing impressions of military personnel then please don't hang derogatory tags like "prance around" on to it.  Jack Bauer and SEAL loadouts aren't particularly good examples either, because fortunately Cybergun/Umarex are never going to entirely stop people buying real or replica AOR gear (or just plain civvies in the former case) and replica guns which work for the loadouts.  Maybe if you wanted a dead on imrpession of Travis Haley in Dynamic Carbine II you might have a bit more trouble given recent events but that's about it.  Not much demand for that loadout.

As someone said earlier surely if Magpul and PTS are still getting on PTS will simply change the external designs around a bit and continue to offer the gear for airsoft. It will just have to have no Magpul Trades.

I don't remember if the guys at the Toy Fair said the mags will fit regular AEG magwells but I've tried fitting the ERG mags to a V2 Prowin hop up and it should work fine; better even if you consider having no left-over bbs being a good thing.

Is it just me, or does it seem that that lil follower knob that comes out when the mag is empty, will collide with the nozzle? That can't be good.

Is it just me, or does it seem that that lil follower knob that comes out when the mag is empty, will collide with the nozzle? That can't be good.

Nope; stops JUST before it hits the nozzle so every single bb in the mag can be fired :P

I had a pic of it in the Toy Fair album but I don't remember if it's the one that photobucket couldn't upload for some reason.  Regardless; you should still be able to see the thumbnail for it :)

If there's nothing wrong with people building up accurate fictional loadouts or doing impressions of military personnel then please don't hang derogatory tags like "prance around" on to it.

C'mon, word games?! My statement is no more derogatory then the common statement that we 'run around with toy guns' or that we're out 'playing soldiers'......don't overshadow my point by picking up on the irrelevant.

Not to mention, it's actually you that's given the statement its negative connotation, I've used it simply as a counter descriptive as to what I consider airsoft to actually boil down to.

It was the dressing up that let us keep the realistic looking guns if I remember correctly. Something about suspension of disbelief and how having brightly coloured nerf guns would ruin the realistic fictional scenarios that we play out on a weekly basis. Its the bit of the hobby I actually like, and as such I have been to quite a few games where I haven't fired a single shot, instead preffered to play a role to adds depth to the storyline. Real world or fantasy world, I'd enjoy the role either way. Probably why I am currently building a bolt pistol and eyeing up a foam chainsword for an Ordo Hereticus interrogator outfit.

C'mon, word games?! My statement is no more derogatory then the common statement that we 'run around with toy guns' or that we're out 'playing soldiers'......don't overshadow my point by picking up on the irrelevant.

Not to mention, it's actually you that's given the statement its negative connotation, I've used it simply as a counter descriptive as to what I consider airsoft to actually boil down to.

'Don't pick on the irrelevant' when you literally just cherry picked a single sentence out of my entire post?  Come on now.

I'm not playing word games, generally when people make posts like yours with reference to USSF impressionists in airsoft they're not referring to it in a positive light.  I've 'given it the negative connotation' purely because it comes across as a dig.  If it's not then that's my mistake, it just reads that way given that that area of airsoft is one that receives a lot of negative comments by various players.

'Don't pick on the irrelevant' when you literally just cherry picked a single sentence out of my entire post?  Come on now.

I'm not playing word games, generally when people make posts like yours with reference to USSF impressionists in airsoft they're not referring to it in a positive light.  I've 'given it the negative connotation' purely because it comes across as a dig.  If it's not then that's my mistake, it just reads that way given that that area of airsoft is one that receives a lot of negative comments by various players.

OK, well let's just tag it down to a simple misunderstanding. I don't have anything against that side of the hobby, or any side to be fair. In retrospect it was a poor choice of phrase on my part.

...and here We are, spending our precious time on some *chaffinch*-chat, or even arguing a bit ;), and there's still no official confirmation of all this tzar-bomb-news.

EDIT: " c h i t - chat" on the list of forbidden expressions? Umm...

In response to uscmCorps, I wasn't referring to you, more I was referring to your status as an 'informed solid source'. I shall provide this quote and then I'm done commenting in this thread.

Remember that the quote you used was from a "former" employee of KWA, so just because the company that he works for makes a statement...it doesn't mean the statement is true since he no longer works for the company that makes the product. Can't blame KWA for statements made by another company.

Still surprised that the official announcements haven't been made yet -- or did I miss that memo? 

My guess is that they will not announce anything until the after the ERG has been launched as to not impinge on consumer confidence.  I'm interested to know if they will still provide after-sales support/parts for existing owners of ACRs/FPGs/PDR-Cs...etc., at least for a period of time.

Archived