PTS closing down?

coolurjets

I'm hoping I'm getting some funds for graduating uni, so much so because they'll be splurged on as many of those M type PMags as I can get before they disappear off shelves.

But I also want a TM Recoil down the line, so I want to buy those PMags up (despite not even owning a suitable rifle lol).

The rest, doesn't bother me so much as I'll just try and get my hands on genuine parts, I'm only really interested in their MBUS system and mags anyway.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gonna dangle some hater-bait on the end of the line and see what bites...

IMG_1726_zpsa3202652.jpg

Not pictured - Extra MOE/MIAD metal base plate necessary for future TM EBBr builds.  Would've bought some AEG/Universal-GBB ASAPs and some LM4 Selectors as well, but alas I couldn't find stock anywhere.

I don't even quite get "it". Yes I understand PTS and clone stuff has found its way into the real market, but surely the one thing that can't be mistaken is a magazine?

Its not like a seller could get away with flogging off an airsoft mag as the real deal. And the clones of everything will still be there anyway.

Maybe its not viably profitable to just produce Magpul mags.

Well it's not down to financial viability for PTS either way, I'm quite sure they'd have continued just making the AEG grips/mags etc if they were allowed but (unfortunately) Magpul thoroughly pulled the plug on that one.

It doesn't make any sense it's ture, but then will a massive company like Magpul care?  They physically cannot produce their RS magazines fast enough to supply the demand.  If I was the guy whose job it was to manage their licence and trademarks and had my superiors breathing down my neck because the companys' image was being tarnished and it was on me to fix that by whatever means necessary, I'd have done the same thing.

I gotta say I hate you for not sharing. :P haha Selling any of that off soon? 

Err.. noo :P

It doesn't make any sense it's ture, but then will a massive company like Magpul care?  They physically cannot produce their RS magazines fast enough to supply the demand.  If I was the guy whose job it was to manage their licence and trademarks and had my superiors breathing down my neck because the companys' image was being tarnished and it was on me to fix that by whatever means necessary, I'd have done the same thing.

Aww, I'm pretty sure You wouldn't. Because...

It still doesn't make sense ;).

I see I'm in the minority who want to pay extra for the research and development costs.

I'm the kind of guy which still buys CD's, even SACD's and BlueRay.

Sure, I can download it. But I like the idea of supporting the creators of my entertainment. I still rip it all afterwards.

Just like Magpul now, I s'pose. 

Very comfortable AEG grips for example. Mags that feed exceptionally well. See-trough mags like the T-mag. modular ( well, colourwise ) rail covers like the XTM

I wish I tried their stocks, AFG.

I'll miss that all because, well.. in th EU we get sh*t that's produced in the USA, ya know? 

ITAR, they call it... Free market my *albatross*.

Yeah, I'm a bit sour mooded :(

Ps. The Masada and PDW... I really wish they did a better job, we all new they had flaws. I SO much wanted them to be compatible and ... well... built like a tank like Real Sword.

Ahwell. Others will come :)

Aww, I'm pretty sure You wouldn't. Because...
It still doesn't make sense ;).

To us, no, but Magpul Industries can barely produce enough magazines to supply the constant demand, and they literally cannot get even close to supplying the demand whenever there's a high profile shooting and gun control laws in the US are under threat of being tightened.  I doubt that most people there give even a single flying monkey about airsoft.  Which is a shame no doubt, but that seems like the most probable situation to me.

I see I'm in the minority who want to pay extra for the research and development costs.

I'm the kind of guy which still buys CD's, even SACD's and BlueRay.

Sure, I can download it. But I like the idea of supporting the creators of my entertainment. I still rip it all afterwards.

Just like Magpul now, I s'pose. 

Very comfortable AEG grips for example. Mags that feed exceptionally well. See-trough mags like the T-mag. modular ( well, colourwise ) rail covers like the XTM

I wish I tried their stocks, AFG.

I'll miss that all because, well.. in th EU we get sh*t that's produced in the USA, ya know? 

ITAR, they call it... Free market my *albatross*.

Yeah, I'm a bit sour mooded :(

Ps. The Masada and PDW... I really wish they did a better job, we all new they had flaws. I SO much wanted them to be compatible and ... well... built like a tank like Real Sword.

Ahwell. Others will come :)

I did hear tale that KWA were doing a gbb masada but to be fair they are in enough trouble as it is..

To us, no, but Magpul Industries can barely produce enough magazines to supply the constant demand, and they literally cannot get even close to supplying the demand whenever there's a high profile shooting and gun control laws in the US are under threat of being tightened.  I doubt that most people there give even a single flying monkey about airsoft.  Which is a shame no doubt, but that seems like the most probable situation to me.

Actually at this point, I can't disagree with You :).

They don't give a darn about airsoft as long as image of their company is endangered and I believe that's is all about (speaking of AEG parts).

Magpul is also, supposedly (?), planning on moving their operations out of Colorado due to that state's recent changes to firearm laws.

I doubt that this contributes to their PTS issues, but it's something to add to the mix.

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/29/177806894/gunmaker-says-colorados-new-laws-will-send-it-packing

Magpul is also, supposedly (?), planning on moving their operations out of Colorado due to that state's recent changes to firearm laws.

I doubt that this contributes to their PTS issues, but it's something to add to the mix.

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/29/177806894/gunmaker-says-colorados-new-laws-will-send-it-packing

That's old news :P

They've already mentioned they are in the process of moving.

No it's definitely the licencing thing, nothing to do with production capacity I'm afraid.

Industries stuff is made quite specifically in the US, PTS stuff is not made in America.  Even if PTS had the moulds, design specs, legal permissions etc to produce RS magazines wherever their manufacturing facility is based, there's no way they'd be making RS PMAGs.  Apart from anything else, if there were even a 0.00000000001% chance of the US shooting market finding out they were buying foreign made and imported magazines while being told it was all American... well it would be less than pretty.  Given that Industries have totally removed every single aspect of their licence from PTS purely down to a few instances of ACM clones failing on real guns, they definitely wouldn't have an airsoft company making stuff for them.

I really think that PTS should at least keep the licensing available for the mags. There really are not that many people cloning the mags. 

The main problem with ACM replicas is coming from the MBUS, stocks and AFGs. 

I know one of the main eBay sellers pawning off the ACM as licensed, he laughs at the people who get the fake UBRs for $80 and think they are legit.  It disgusts me to know that probably played a role in Magpul cutting ties with PTS. 

Just gonna dangle some hater-bait on the end of the line and see what bites...

Not pictured - Extra MOE/MIAD metal base plate necessary for future TM EBBr builds.  Would've bought some AEG/Universal-GBB ASAPs and some LM4 Selectors as well, but alas I couldn't find stock anywhere.

Got to the ASAPs before you did :) And hoarded out on the remaining MIADs available too :D

I really think that PTS should at least keep the licensing available for the mags. There really are not that many people cloning the mags. 

The main problem with ACM replicas is coming from the MBUS, stocks and AFGs. 

NOT True.  ACM PMAGs are a dime a dozen and were actually released prior to PTS' PMAGs.  There were at least 3 versions of the ACM PMAGs to my knowledge.  I still have a boxload of them :)

NOT True.  ACM PMAGs are a dime a dozen and were actually released prior to PTS' PMAGs.  There were at least 3 versions of the ACM PMAGs to my knowledge.  I still have a boxload of them :)

I think he meant a problem as in being fitted to real steel weapons and tarnishing the Magpul reputation.

In that case, I don't believe there was ANYONE was cloning PMAGs which fit RS. LOL !! :bounce:

Actually, Magpul is suing a couple companies that are doing just that (well, at least in their eyes).

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/07/25/magpul-sues-4-magazine-manufacturers-for-patent-infringement/

Afaik, the "GMAG" (European produced PMAG) was actually an unlicensed clone. But my memory's a bit fuzzy on that one.

On the main topic; I'm wondering how things will work out with the RM4 release, considering it's loaded with Magpul.

Archived