PTS closing down?

coolurjets

What part of the "distributors who distribute TM outside of Japan do not care about spare TM parts, because they make more money out of third party parts" didn't you get?

If you need a part in the UK for your Honda bought in the UK, you don't contact Honda Japan now do you?

So yes, they don't care, but neither does the distributor.

Nope. I would contact honda uk !!!

Or a company aproved main dealer

And if they didn't have a uk parts supplier / dealer I would not buy their product

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. I would contact honda uk !!!

Or a company aproved main dealer

And if they didn't have a uk parts supplier / dealer I would not buy their product

Bit daft considering you could probably go to EuroCarParts. ;) haha

The thing about cars is there are a lot of pattern parts -- so going to places like ECP can't really be taken the same way as buying clone Magpul items. Magpul stuff is hardly 'pattern' parts. 

If you were going to use the cars analogy, you might as well use the modding scene (and to stop pedants, let's just focus on external or superficial modifications) as it's closest to adding Magpul bits to your RIF. The amount of fake BBS RM (or LMs, I can never remember) wheels you can find everywhere is crazy, then there are designs blatantly ripped off of BBS. For the most part it doesn't really matter on the source - people who buy the rip offs or fakes know what they are getting into and take a hit in quality (sometimes perceived) in exchange for lower prices, while others care only for the real deal (mostly for quality, sometimes for the name alone).

Either way, it doesn't really matter does it? As long as people realise what they are buying into, it's all of a muchness. Functionally for the most part, they are the same!

Anyway, really keen to see PTS make a move -- or even KWA, as I'm more interested in the ERG range than anything PTS has to offer at the moment and I'm hoping the ERG line doesn't die because of the Magpul situation.  

Bit daft considering you could probably go to EuroCarParts. ;) haha

Not for a specific main dealer part you can't , ancillaries , consumables , yes you can get those anywhere at any motor factors for any car as the car manufacturers don't make those parts themselves .

I'm fairly sure the MBUS PRO Clones are not from the same factory as for PTS for a number of reasons:

1. I don't believe PTS has anymore Magpul PTS products in the pipeline to release, post the ERG.

2.  From the picture, the dimensions look completely off (unlike PTS would allow).

3.  It's not uncommon for Chinese factories to clone real steel parts directly without the specs from PTS.  They often do it directly from photos taken off the internet.  That's how the ACM Gen 1 MBUS, A&K Masada, XTM Handstops, etc. were made.

Take Dyson hoovers, 

I'm amused by this phrasing.

Ah well on the PTS front, there still 5-6 years of existing product out there to trade on the second hand market, Very little in airsoft is thrown away really. Theres always a window to bring back the product lines as I'm sure all the molds will go into secure storage,

PTS has licensing exclusivity with:

Mega Arms, Rainier Arms, AAC, Centurion Arms, Battle Comp, GoGun USA, Ergo, Falcon Industries, Battle Arms Development, Griffin Armament, US Palm.

There are a few others I'm not allowed to disclose at this time.

Obviously with the current shift in priority (away from Magpul) all of these other brands will be brought to the forefront more so than ever before. There has been, and continues to be, a lot in development currently.

Mega Arms, Rainier Arms, AAC, Centurion Arms, Battle Comp, GoGun USA, Ergo, Falcon Industries, Battle Arms Development, Griffin Armament, US Palm.

There are a few others I'm not allowed to disclose at this time.

Obviously with the current shift in priority (away from Magpul) all of these other brands will be brought to the forefront more so than ever before. There has been, and continues to be, a lot in development currently.

I knew there was more - many thanks for this. Just wish PTS were more forthcoming with updates via official channels, I know they've been pushing training courses and events on FaceBook, but you'd think they'd at least comment on Magpul somehow.

Hm, perhaps, but that's certainly backwards from the (admittedly selfish) viewpoint of an Airsofter. Afterall, I'm not an actual Magpul customer, just PTS... and it's PTS that will be losing out on Magpul related goody sales. Hell, it's the rumours that are negatively affecting PTS... on this very thread you've got people saying PTS are doomed already.

Just thinking it'd be good to get a heartbeat, something positive.

Understood. Like I said, whether the consumer feels one way or another, it's irrelevant to Magpul's interests, and as badly as PTS would like to make a statement, PTS is not permitted to make a comment at this time though an official comment has long since been prepared.

Regardless of people's statements as to PTS' current, past, or future demise, there's not much that can be done about it, and really, it has zero effect on the day to day operations of the company. There's far higher priorities that need to be addressed than being consumed by what people may or may not be saying about the company (which has always been the case even prior to the current events).

As far as things are around the office ... it's business as usual. Whether people wish to believe that or not is completely up to them. :)

Who owns the I.P. rights to the ERG internals? KWA or PTS? If it's KWA then the situation at PTS is surely irrelevant, biggest impact to the ERG is we won't see the ghastly Magpul bodied guns for sale (+++++). Likewise, if the rights are owned by PTS, they'll just move over to a generic M4 body, which, apart from being a good design shift, may also drop the price.

In short, this whole thing looks like being a positive outcome for the ERG no matter what :)

Given that KWA's parent company have registered Patents for the 3 Recoil systems for AR15, MP5 and AK I'd suggest that eventually we will have the Non-Magpul version in due course. However, probably not as quick as we'd like as players.

Very interesting! An MP5 as well! The other two have already been officially announced, so the MP5 is a very nice surprise - where did you see this? :) Agree - there may be a wait for these fun toys.

And what about Iron Ridge? Their AR-10 replica shown on Shot Show was PTS prototype, wasn't it?

Archived