G&P weird rattling/clicking sound? (no lockup!)

KyleKatarn

Hey, i was about to buy a G&P M4, when i watched some videos where you can see it being fired. Now the thing is, on all videos of a brand new stock G&P, i noticed a weird rattling/clicking sound after each shot.

Just have a look at this (shooting begins at 0:30min!):

Then i looked up some reviews of a G&G/KWA and there was no clicking sound whatsoever..

What is this? It would annoy me..

I have this exact same rifle and don't get the clicking like that, it sounds almost like the anti-reversal latch in the gearbox clicking into place.

Don't let the noise put you off, especially as from my experience the G&P M4s have been some of the most reliable and well performing RIFs I've owned. I currently have the G&P Magpul MOE CQB and the G&P M5 RAS just for reference, I've never had a problem with either.

Thats the Motor bouncing around in the pistol grip. If you get the wiring perfect in the pistol grip , it will be press firmly into the center but still be able to be bouncy ( and therefore adjustable )  , and so when the mechanism spins , the motor itself wont move at all as it is pressed into place by the wires. When it isnt , the motor may move side to side a few mm  and this causes the rattle noise as the motor moves and knocks something. Its nothing to worry about , my King arms has been doing it for about 35k rounds now. You can fix it by getting the wiring perfect but i always fail at that :) dont let that put you off!

All G&P guns do this. It's the Bevel gear back-spinning into the cutoff lever and stopping with a clunk. The reason why other brands don't do it is because most bevel gears have four or more AR-latch stops, SHS ones have six for example, but G&P bevel gears only have two so the gearset can back-spin for longer making the clunk louder because they're moving faster and also more noticable because of the delay after firing.

• 3 weeks later...

Although the anti-reversal latch is probably the cause, I'd look into the condition of your spur gear.  Back when I had my CYMA 74u, I noticed it had begun to make a strange clicking noise once per every cycle, and opened it up to find that my spur gear was missing a tooth.

Although the anti-reversal latch is probably the cause, I'd look into the condition of your spur gear.  Back when I had my CYMA 74u, I noticed it had begun to make a strange clicking noise once per every cycle, and opened it up to find that my spur gear was missing a tooth.

While that's unlikely to be the cause, I'd recommend having a look (or having a tech have a look for you) as G&P gears are quite prone to breaking shafts.

Archived