Hephaestus Custom: Thunder

Desert.Express

Did spend many an hour shooting mutants with one of these in STALKER.  I'm glad they seem to be making the P90 styled version with nothing  much forward of the pistol grip; I don't mind the integrated GL version, but the suppressed and foregripped models look damn ridiculous to my eyes.

Been mulling over getting in to a GBB AK but with the KWA on the horizon I doubt I'd personally plump for the GHK system.  Still by the looks of it that is just a standard AK upper handguard directly above the pistol grip there so with the ironsight system lopped off you could get a nice bit of modern RIS system mounted.  Spray it some sort of tan, AK>AR grip adapter, put a magpul vinyl sticker on one of the flat side areas of the receiver and I'm sorted.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this think accepts the ProWin magazines for the GHK. They'd need a sleeve or a paintjob but they're the only magazine maker I'd buy from these days.

DStill by the looks of it that is just a standard AK upper handguard directly above the pistol grip there so with the ironsight system lopped off you could get a nice bit of modern RIS system mounted.  Spray it some sort of tan, AK>AR grip adapter, put a magpul vinyl sticker on one of the flat side areas of the receiver and I'm sorted going to be hung, drawn and quartered, and my remains displayed as a warning to other heretics.

FTFY.

Bit of a shame the trigger box (can I call it that?) isn't steel, I can quite safely assume the real one would be, but for airsoft it might be too big a block to CNC cheaply?... 

The real one is actually plastic, the trigger and the grip are mounted to a metallic (steel most likely) frame that slides into the plastic frame that covers the mechanism.

The real one is actually plastic, the trigger and the grip are mounted to a metallic (steel most likely) frame that slides into the plastic frame that covers the mechanism.

Oh yeah you are right I think.. never looked that closely before! would never have guessed.

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/13562407/img/13562407.jpg

Super high res pic, so not going to it. 

Great, now I need to convince myself that a gas rifle in Michigan is a great idea, especially when the only time I would be able to shoot it in the backyard without interference would be when the ground is covered in 3 ft of snow...

Have always wanted to hold a real one just to see what It'd be like.

RC, a challenger has appeared

READY... FIGHT!

dont GHK make CO2 mags for their AK series? that could solve the issue for you.  

i really like the look of the rifle without the grenade launcher. but i would be more keen on a model with a front cocking handle and a bobbed one on the bolt. i appreciate being able to shoot a rifle in my left hand and keeping my teeth. something that has kept me away from buying a WE L85. lets just say, i only scrimmaged with one once.

EDIT: well, thinking about it, they do make front cocking handles for these AKs, and i dont see a reason they wouldnt work for this. BUT, being a asbestos (or whatever) custom rifle, it will probably cost closer to a grand. and for that money, id much rather buy a Vikhr.

asbestos rifles have never been that cheap. they start at 503USD for an AK105 and go up to 700USD for something only marginally more fancy. for something this different, i don't have any faith we will see prices any less than 800USD.

Archived