Real sword SVD

ltolstoy

Ye gods, that's the biggest load of drivel i've ever heard.

You just mentally copy paste random bits of theories that you don't understand, and from what i read, neither does whoever you take it from. You should not commentate on the technical side of airsoft again, ever.

Bore Up means that the cylinder, cylinderhead and pistonhead have bigger internal dimensions, and that the nozzle and nozzle guide are wider inside (better airflow).

This, has, NOTHING, to do with the piston.

You don't even understand that yet.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just answered my already stated fact with exactly what I just stated . Overbore piston = larger piston / cylinder size meaning larger capacity bore . Hence the name bore up / overbore . Exactly what I stated and you have just restated . Who's the fool ?

My tech mate is Chewie for your information .

You just answered my already stated fact with exactly what I just stated . Overbore piston = larger piston / cylinder size meaning larger capacity bore . Hence the name bore up / overbore . Exactly what I stated and you have just restated . Who's the fool ?

My tech mate is Chewie for your information .

While the Realsword SVD cylinders are Bore-Up, that has no bearing on the size of the piston. The RS SVD piston is semi-proprietary in that it's longer than conventional pistons, but also cut away at the top of the rear-end of the piston to fit into the unique geometry of the gearbox. Additionally, as I recall, the internal chamber of the piston is the same length as that of a regular piston, there is a spacer of some sort inside that stops the spring running the full length of the piston. I don't see any reason why any 19-tooth half-tooth piston shouldn't be compatible with appropriate modifications, however;

The statement that the Realsword AEGs have perfect AoE out the box is simply incorrect, and from analysing the failure of the SVD pistons that I've seen (three or four), they are all as a result of incorrect AoE. The last two RS SVDs that I worked on had AoE that was off by more than 4mm. Correcting the AoE on the piston-assembly of the SVD belonging to the owner of RIFT Airsoft has resulted in a gun that has done more than 5000 rounds at 575FPS without issue on the stock piston.

• 1 month later...

Just out of interest, what's giving you that idea?

The calculation should be fairly simple; it's just less than or equal to the volume of the cylinder at when the piston's in its rearmost position minus the volume of the cylinder when the piston's at its foremost position.

i haven't cracked it open yet so i dont know for sure until i measure.

the SR25 extended cylinder (also a 19 tooth piston) has an ideal  barrel length of 534mm. i don't know how much will be added due to the bore up, but im under the impression 690mm is too long

right, i calculated my stuff

ideal length without sorbo would be a 6.03mm barrel 645mm long or a 602mm long 6.03mm barrel with sorbo.

And so the search for a 590mm prommy EG began. and because there's pretty much only 590mm for PSG-1's lying around, i've chosen to take 2mm off bit that isn't used because of the piston head and i will use a PDI 05 550mm barrel i have lying around, so my ratio would be 2,1:1 yay me

Has already been done , way back on here . The rs barrel is already top notch quality and slightly flared at the end . No gains were made by changing barrels if I remember back correctly . Will try and dig out the thread if I can find it .

Maybe the mods may remember it. . ?

As below, WolfGeorge is probably the person to talk to.

No gains were made by changing barrels if I remember back correctly.

I seem to recall WolfGeorge said that a new barrel was the only upgrade he'd found to make a measurable improvement on the V2 RS SVD? I could be wrong.

In my humble opinion the RS SVD is simply the best DMR out there. I'm holding out for the gas version, but i've had the chance to fire my buddy's V2 and besides the stellar performance you most certainly know it has, the craftsmanship is simply incredible, head and shoulders above any and all competition (haven't had the chance to handle an LCT AK yet, so take this with a grain of salt).

Either bore-up, bore-down or bore-sideways, buy it and check for yourself when you open it, either way you are pretty much covered in terms of upgrade pistons. Never met a remorseful RS owner, that says it all right there.

It is a very good rifle, but the limited battery space, weight and size means that people buy it, skirmish once or twice with it.

Then after collecting dust on the wall for half a year, they sell it off to someone else who repeats the procedure.

It's nothing against the rifle, it's just how people are.

i measured, and i've decided to keep the stock barrel and NOT to use sorbo so i will keep as much air volume as possible. did shave the second tooth off as it has shown significant wear after a few hundred shots.

about the accuracy, with only an H-type nub for improvement, i've managed to hit a man sized target at 60 meters (measured!) with a lot of wind coming straight at me. right now i've Rhopped the barrel and i'm gonna have a testrun this weekend. if it doesn't work i'll fall back on the Modify flat-hop bucking and nub, but the results i had with that type so far is pretty good in the range department, but less in the accuracy department (using the stock chamber of a Dboys AK, a modify flat hop bucking and nub and a madbull BP II 455mm)

All my real sword guns can hit a man sized target at 60 Mtrs . This has been witnessed by many people at rift on a measured target range . My type 97 does this with only 320 fps wheras my 56/1 does this at 350 fps . Both are bog standard guns .. Using blaster .25 If you are only hitting 60 meters with your rs dragunov you are doing something wrong mate ,??

Even my sons g&g top tech m16 can hit a man sized target at 60 Mtrs at 350 fps .

All my real sword guns can hit a man sized target at 60 Mtrs . This has been witnessed by many people at rift on a measured target range . My type 97 does this with only 320 fps wheras my 56/1 does this at 350 fps . Both are bog standard guns .. Using blaster .25 If you are only hitting 60 meters with your rs dragunov you are doing something wrong mate ,??

Even my sons g&g top tech m16 can hit a man sized target at 60 Mtrs at 350 fps .

He did say with the wind facing into him which usually causes shots to go all over the place. As Airsoft is still technically illegal in the Netherlands, I'm guessing he mostly plays in Belgium?

it is legal when you own a licence, which i do.

it's all still shiny new and a lot of people are afraid of being associated with the sport or the realistic looking BB guns, so sadly, not too many epic woodland skirms and mostly paintball fields. There are some gems out there, though, such as an old Cold War  storage facility with bunkers and a bungalow park

I think people really overestimate range of their guns. It's mainly an optical illusion,I sometimes think I'm aiming for a 60m target but when actually measuring it properly it turns out it's only 40m.

There's max range,i.e,how far the BB flies and there's effective range,how much of that is actually usable.

60m of effective range is really damn impressive in my book.

I think people really overestimate range of their guns. It's mainly an optical illusion,I sometimes think I'm aiming for a 60m target but when actually measuring it properly it turns out it's only 40m.

There's max range,i.e,how far the BB flies and there's effective range,how much of that is actually usable.

60m of effective range is really damn impressive in my book.

We took a 30 meter measuring roll and rolled it twice, measured up to 60 meters. My friend went and stood there and confirmed several hits. but also lots of misses.

Right now i've reshimmed the gearbox, sealed the cylinderhead with a gasket maker, removed the second tooth of the piston and finished the Rhop patch. gonna put it together tomorrow and will do some testing later this week.

Archived